What's the point of Miles?

What's the point of Miles?
He doesn't have a personality in his own book and in others he's written like a watered down Peter.

I think that currently he's intended to be the go-to for people who want a 'classic' young Peter whilst Pete himself is busy being a CEO and all that. Whether that worked out depends on how much you think Miles scratches that itch, I guess.

To have a Spider-Man that's free of Peterfags dissecting what little character development a mainstay Big 2 character is allowed with their 'not MUH Peterisms'.

He's in need of a new writer to take full advantage of his unique position though.

I'm starting to think that Sup Forums has a disproportionate and exaggerated hate for Miles.

He is kind of boring,and that's it, there are a shitload of worse characters.

He's not white. Only Reasom he's around still

I don't hate him but I just don't get why he exists or at least why he was ported to 616, I mean nothing noteworthy has happened in his own book, in others he's simply a Peter substitute, and being in the main universe has taken away his reason for being a superhero in the first place.

Marvel doesn't know

When he was separate from the main universe, he was able to effectively replace Peter. But now that he's in the same setting, the similarities that they share have become a negative. He's turning into an even less important John Stewart, because John at least has a personality among the Green Lanterns (he's the boring serious Leonardo-y one)

There are too many spiders in general right now, and not enough distinction between them. At least Kaine had a unique personality despite being a literal Peter clone.

>I don't hate him but I just don't get why he exists or at least why he was ported to 616
You're trying to hard.

Miles was literally the only redeeming character in the entire Ultimates universe. When they decided to ax Ultimates, they decided to salvage Miles because why make yourself rewrite another new Spiderkid when you already did that work?

That's the answer.

like spider gwen, he started awesome and interesting, but then SJW "adopted" him and he instantly become annoying, stupid and irrelevant. is convenient he and the 60 year old spider gwen are now dating or something

His Uncle Ben story was more compelling than Pete's. I genuinely felt for him and his mom.
Then they undid it, and I haven't read a Miles book since.

That doesn't explain why he gets media push and his own books, though.

I haven't read a lot of Ultimate Marvel but I feel like it's not saying too much if he was the best part.

>Miles was literally the only redeeming character in the entire Ultimates universe.
That not Thor Ultimate Tony or Fury.

I'll just say it Miles only exists because he was from an AU if Ultimate Marvel didn't exist, and Bendis tried to replace 616Peter Miles would never have moved the concept stages.

>Miles was literally the only redeeming character in the entire Ultimates universe
No. Just no.

Also Johnny Storm, Iceman, Pyro (fuck Loeb by the way), Reed as The Maker, Gwen (both real thing and the clone), Angel, Aunt May. All off the top of my head.

I want the "everyone in Ultimate Universe who isn't Peter is an asshole" meme to go away.

he is a black version of a white character, of course he gets a SJW push.
and lo and behold dat same push ends killing the character.

I don't get the issue with assholes. Pym is entertaining as fuck even though he's a colossal cunt.

To keep Bendis, and everyone else who gets giddy at the thought of a black Spider-Man, happy.

How many of these spiders exist in continuity with each other? Spider-Ham is obviously not but the rest?

Can someone please explain to me the appeal of miles? I've seen people say he should've been in the MCU instead of Peter, but no one ever tells me why I mean let's be honest there's not a lot you can do with miles you can't already do with Peter.

He's black and people want to say they're progressive by saying things like "Miles should be in the movies" when they've never read a comicbook in their lives, let alone the character.

You're fooling no one, Bendis.

Wins every fight through Mary Sue blast. Nah I can see why no one likes him.

>Can someone please explain to me the appeal of miles?
A Spider-Man that's not Peter.
It's that simple really, and it's all Marvel has wanted since the 90s.

Look at how many Spider-people have been created since then just for writers to have a Spider-Man that's not peter that they can write without fan backlash.

I do know a guy who constantly talks about the MCU should've used Miles, but he has never read a Miles comic in his life.

Then again he just seems to hate Peter for being the main Spider-Man so he's a fucking idiot.

this. Too bad bendis being bendis won't allow his paycheck to go away.

I feel like i've seen this thread before

Every week for the past 6 years?

People who spread that meme never read any of the Ultimate comics.

>Miles was literally the only redeeming character in the entire Ultimates universe

Ultimate universe was beyond redeeming way before Miles even showed up.