Normie friend group asking why I liked the animated version better

>normie friend group asking why I liked the animated version better
>having to restrain my powerlevel and not go on about how I only love Disney movies for the animation

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9oPxuAOZpSI
youtube.com/watch?v=_lK4cX5xGiQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Little Mermaid is my favorite princess movie by default of being my childhood crush
>don't care about the generic stories of the princess movies at all
>just like admiring the animation and songs

What's the film equivalent of this?

>having to restrain my powerlevel
Why would you restrain your powerlevel? Just tell them how you feel. Let them know these soulless live action remakes are mostly garbage.

>tfw this mediocre live-action version will do better at the box office than the original animated movie did
AH FUCK

>just like admiring the animation and songs
>What's the film equivalent of this?

>What's the film equivalent of this?

Disney is the live-action Disney.

I love the MCU movies, but aside from Iron Man and Daredevil (and even then), the plots are shit. Same with Star Wars.

I just like it when they punch each other.

Why are his horns backwards

Ant-Man came up with some really creative ways to punch someone. And Doctor Strange was a really cool visitation of watching people punch each other while on LSD.

And all of those movies are Iron Man rip-offs.

Heard Iron Fist was getting panned. Don't care as long as the fight scenes are good. Who watches Marvel for the plot?

youtube.com/watch?v=9oPxuAOZpSI

>all those black people in the pub

wow just wow bravo

>His horns are backwards
>He has no tusks that jut out several inches
>He lost his bovine nose and it's now more catlike
He was made to look handsome, not monstrous, in the live-action remake.

What's the point of doing exactly the same shit but with actors instead?

It's set in the province of L'Negre

Not sure how to feel about the idea of a Little Mermaid live action adaptation

this remake is the equivalent of saying fuck you to a movie masterpiece made out of pure passion. it's literally disney going "we can do it better!" to a film that's already perfect. of course it was going to suck by default but from all the reviews i heard holy shit did they really drop the ball

how fucking gay are you people to watch a disney live action movie?
Of course is the animated version so much more acceptable, because it's also an artistic masterpiece besides being a fucking kitsch romance movie

>movie masterpiece made out of pure passion
typical delusional nostalgic murican who genuinely believes that the big corporate products are "masterpieces made out of pure passion"
why are muricans so delusional?

It makes them millions without anyone actually doing anything, except for the costume/special effects department. The story is already made for them, they just tweak it a bit to give it an edge a modern audience might like and they're done.

The remakes are already in the public consciousness due to the animated movies they're based off of, so all the marketers have to do is fuel the public into seeing it.

'Member The Beauty and the Beast? Now it has A-List actors and updated songs.

The soundtrack and design was goat

I hate it mostly for the shitty costume design.

and yet it's still going to make a billion

so suck it

Voice Actors could Actually Sing and Act is a good first start to this conversation.

Still one of my favorite soundtracks behind Drive's.

BatB has some of the worst animation of any Disney movie, though.

Accurate. The aesthetic and OST are why I keep watching it.

>ameritard that knows nothing about the movie's development
ok

>it had a rought development process so it is indeed a work of passion
lol

it had literally half the development time of other disney movies and managed to get nominated for best picture. that shit comes from passion and love for your work. and you can't tell me the movie is shit, it's disney's best

>a film that's already perfect

BatB was good but far from perfect. There's literally a line where the angry mob goes "We don't like what we don't understand! In fact, it scares us!"

why do they seem so sad in the live action dance scene in all of the clips I've seen?

I saw 1.

Anyway, I doubt historical accuracy was the focus of this movie, so stop sperging out.

"Your favorite childhood Disney characters reimagined as-" posts on Facebook always make me cringe

Movie prices have also skyrocketed since then.

because shitty Hollywood actors don't give a fuck about anything

You can just say animation is better than max CGI.

Iron Fist doesn't have good fight scenes, is the problem. And it takes a long time for him to punch someone.

I just hope the actress is sixteen, the same age as the character.

I'm out of touch, I guess, I just don't understand the appeal.

Why are people excited for a live action remake of a 25 year old movie that's worse than the original in every way? No one has forgotten the original movie. The animation is still fantastic, and more impressive than the CG shlock of the new one. It was fucking nominated for best picture.

Emma Watson can't even fucking sing.

I just don't get it.

On the bright side, it stole BvS March Record.

You can just say that the CGI looked fake (it does) and that you prefer the original to the copy.

oh please.

>I just don't get it.

They've made it for SJWs.

They put Emma Watson in it, put a gay character in it, ran a story about a Texas theatre with one screen refusing to show it, told all SJWs that they're enlightened if they watch it, and sat back to collect SJW shekels.

Just basic crowd manipulation advertisement over content.

only domestically

the movie was meh, i guess, although i found a couple things about it very weird like there being black people, and a couple of gay moments.
i realized when bel went to the village library or whatever there was a statue of jesus on the cross and when she went outside there was a guy with a red white and blue outfit that kinda looked like the american flag

>filename
he looks like he's going to sing a Tenacious D song.
youtube.com/watch?v=_lK4cX5xGiQ

Nostolgia, kids that weren't alive to see the original in the theaters, teenage girls all the factors are there.

Its kinda like when the mac Donalds dissed trump.
and a bunch of college students when " yaaas guess I'm eating McDonald today

>Emma Watson
Probably going to watch the movie just because of her

......why?

Besides Watson, what do you hate about this movie so much.

I haven't watched either film, btw.

I've never even really seen this movie and I could hear the song in my head watching this, that's pretty freaky

Not him but everything about this film is pointless. The most basic artistic justification for remakes (not financial, which is the only reason they happen in the first place due to artistic bankruptcy) is doing something different with the original source or doing something about it "better" e.g. better special effects, more budget, updated period setting. The Thing remake had better special effects and was more faithful in some ways to the original story. The original Ben Hur remake had a higher budget, color and spoken dialogue.The Fly remake had much better special effects and focused more on the romance between the scientist and his girlfriend, and presented his transformation as slow and horrific rather than just slapping a fly head on him.

This remake has no justification for its existence (apart from MONEY). The original set a bar so high all they could do was fail to even meet its standards rather than surpass it. The only thing they did differently was making LeFou "openly" gay. That was their sole contribution. They just made the same film again but worse. Why bother? At least the last few live action remakes Disney has done attempted to do something differently, either being more faithful to the source material (Jungle Book) or being a fucking dreadful Wicked rip-off (Maleficent). This is just like the Psycho remake that was just shot for shot remake of the original except worse, the one director made on purpose to be terrible purely because he didn't want them to diminish the genius of the original movie. Why not just show the original film in theaters again if they're this unimaginative? They always used to have theatrical revivals of their past films, I guarantee you it would have been more cost effective than making an entirely new and terrible movie, though it wouldn't have made them as much money.

Dem hair physics

Fuck you guys, I liked it. Of course it's not gonna live up to the original, but it was a good mixture of faithfulness and added stuff, even if some weren't that great.
Also I don't get the complaining about LeFou, I found the bromance actually quite endearing and it was done purely in comical tones.
And if you cry about a couple black people here and there that weren't hamfisted or forced in any way I say grow a fucking pair because you are literally starting to ask ethnical quotas as well.

You know it's set in France right

Huh, never realised those things on his head were horns... Always thought he had two sets of ears.

That shouldn't be surprising. Phantom Menace outsold the original trilogy and Force Awakens is the third highest grossing film of all time. Of course the Beauty and the Beast remake is going to be more, because it's had over 20 years of people hyping it as one of Disney's best movies.

What I think is really interesting is that, according to Wikipedia, when you adjust for inflation, A New Hope and Snow White actually did better than anything that followed them.

I call bullshit.

It might be in there marketing but Disney's never going to take risks with actually breaking social boundries.

It's just packaging for adults that says "here's your nostalgia that looks like it's grown up with you by looking slightly more mature and progressive but won't actually challenge you in any meaningfull way".

In what world is having the villains comedic sidekick getting gay subtext remotely groundbreaking.
If it wasn't Disney no one would give a fuck.

>bromance
It wasn't bromance. It was a manipulative chad and his little gay lackey. LeFou's gay thirst was really cringey to be in a Disney movie, however I liked that in the end he did the right thing and also met another faggot, therefore finding happiness.

I agree with everything else. It was the best live-action version they've done so far despite some flaws and the race of some characters didn't matter. The additional songs were very good.

I miss traditional animation.

The easiest answer to give that normies understand is
>the original is always better
It's simple and part of their brainwashing lack of thinking for them selves. Watch movie and say the original book was better, they except it. Say you like the original comic/cartoon/whatever better than the adaptation. That's all you need for them to understand.

Not even going to bother just because Watson's in it.

Bitch is overrated as fuck (plus, most people I've seen say she can't sing for shit).

Yeah, MEDIEVAL France. Not the Democratic Republic of Al-Frankiyya of today.

That's why the prince was turned into a beast instead of being sent to the guillotine.

Support traditional animation projects then.

>people talk about how the animated film promotes Stockholm Syndrome

This pisses me off so much.

>It was the best live-action version they've done so far

That is absolutely worthless praise when it's compared to the Jungle Book and fucking Maleficent. It's still trash.

More people exist now.

This is why I like studying animation. If I tell people who know nothing about animation that certain animation is good, they're going to believe me, but most of my friends appreciate animation anyway.