Jiro Dreams of Sushi

>Once you decide on your occupation... you must immerse yourself in your work. You have to fall in love with your work. Never complain about your job. You must dedicate your life to mastering your skill. That's the secret of success... and is the key to being regarded honorably.
I feel like a piece of shit now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/90IJanuV_0M
youtube.com/watch?v=j8T5Lo2n4-Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Dedicate your life to putting an ingredient on rice then faggot

>put some raw fish onto a plate
>"once you put fish onto prate, you mraster univrerse"
You ARE a piece of shit.

>itt takeu twenty year master make rice

this

he's not wrong though

Stop making these threads. I’ve spent $100 on sushi this week because I keep seeing this gooks face.

How was it? Was it a mixed set?

ITT: people with no job proficiency complain about people with job proficiency

>itt soyboys who have never had GOOD sushi

It was better than the sequel. Jiro's nightmare of ass rape

Just dropped $40 on some dragon rolls. Come at me brehs

>develops long-standing relationship with seafood and rice suppliers so that he gets the best quality product and can make the freshest sushi
>implying that it all comes down to his skill to cut up raw fish and put it on some cooked rice

Ok. It's not what you know, it's who you know. Cut off his suppliers and he wouldn't have a business. He'd just be another average sushi chef.

Yummy. Bad pic but here’s some from tonight. We usually split 4 rolls (Americanized shit but who cares) and a handful of nigiri.

i wash cars for a living.
check mate jiro

Concentrate on sell overprice sushi and become autist for sushi

Sell overpriced fish rice and become autist every day

For a thousand days

Now you are scam master Jirio

>asian food
>not laden with soy
>anime watcher
>not soyboy material

ITT: crossdressing sissybois with anime avatars who consume soy call other people soyboys because le leftist appropriation of strong conservative memes

DIS SAMON BETTA UDDA SAMON AN MY WICE BETTA YOU SPEN 90 DOWA PWEEZE

Salmon looks good.

gb2 instagram with your blog shit thanks.

>mfw Hot cheetos on sushi is an actual thing

>owo I spenda my whole lifa making sooshi but I am still nota perfecta

Fuck Jiro. Old stupid piece of shit.

Forgive me for bonding with my fellow ‘channers. Autist.

>REEEEEEEEE STOP POSTING IMAGES THAT ARENT OVERUSED MEMES
hasnt your helium tank arrived yet?

>fellow 'channers

PLEASE NO STOAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHA

I knew that would bank me at least one (you)
Thanks, kid ;)

It's much more difficult than you think to make good sushi, but yea, most of what these japs sell you is mystical bullshit and any trained chef has the capacity of learning how to make good sushi. Though, even if it's a more trivial procedure, Jiro really improved to the max a simple dish and made it a really wonderful experience even if it's not as technical as other dishes. You can also agree not every lazy retard can get a 3 Michelin star restaurant in Tokyo, and even if the criteria of Michelin is a bit Shady, they really know good food. Maybe he found joy in doing a simple task and tries to expand it and perfect it. You sound bitter and sad for not understanding this. It's not Jiros fault you lack passion for anything, and don't understand the concept of mastering a craft.

jokes on you, for my overreaction was too a ploy.
Checkmate, pleb :^)

>walk in
>slam my bottle of ketchup on the counter
>demand california rolls
>slather my $300 raw fish with ketchup
how mad would fishboy be?

That would just be disgusting

>anime poster
>already gives away he's a soyboy
>calls others soyboy

REKT

>if you dont hate your work then youll be better at it

real insightful thanks

based serbian jew doublebluff

you cant even go in if you dont have a chaperone lol

NICE

isn't he like a 100 years old? I bet most of his skin falls right into the sushi he prepares

Neck yourself

>still serves raw fish

Eating somewhere doesn't mean you have good taste. But, I'm inclined to believe him, anyway.

>the virgin Jiro
>THE CHAD SALT BAE

>taking advice from some faggot who comes from a country where people willingly overwork themselves to death
>implying putting raw fish on rice makes you enlightened

>Eating raw fish on top of sushi
>Each role is a couple of hundred dollars

Jiro HAS to be the biggest hack.

Would rather eat here
youtu.be/90IJanuV_0M

Meant to say on top of steamed rice

Why can't millennial lowlifes comprehend the concept of dedication to one's craft and passion? No one none of you watch /film/ on this board.

A U T I S M

>you guys should find your own passion, like I did with woodworking

he puts MSG in the soy sauce

Bullshit.

nigger he prepares raw fucking fish and thinks hes god, you want to see a fucking real chef? this fucker is an artist, he lost his fucking sense of taste to fucking cancer and STILL is one of the best chefs on the planet. 3 michelin stars and he actually cooks unlike that dishonorable gook charging out the ass for shit the bums eat in japan

youtube.com/watch?v=j8T5Lo2n4-Q

Doubt it, looked down on. But so what if he does?
>monosodium glutamate
>a sodium ion bound to glutemic acid
>sodium is found in everything
>glutemic acid is an amino acid and also found in everything, from tomatoes to eggs
Retard.

It doesn't matter if some chef may or may not be better, because Jiro is still better at sushi. You're a collection of atoms and think you're a person with worth - see how that works?

nah take your relative bullshit and realize that jiro is a hack

putting a false flavor enhancer that is used in cup noodles in your 3 michelin star sushi. i like how you tried to split msg into base components and say theyre good for you when the combo isnt you pseudointellectual plebbitor

>i like how you tried to split msg into base components and say theyre good for you when the combo isnt
MSG is a salt, it disassociates in contact with water into sodium ion and glutamate, so you're never eating the molecule as a whole, the "combo" as you put it, but rather it's base compounds. I even mention "ion" in my post. And they are in fact harmless. Don't call me "pseudo" when you're too retarded to know even elementary chemistry, you mongoloid retard.

>being handy is now a numale cuck thing

because only numales respect all kind of "crafts"

>we

>false flavor
the dark souls 2 of food

Because it's not 1800 anymore and learning a singular skill in a master/apprentice type setting isn't viable. Go ask a cobbler who dedicated 40 years of his life to repairing shoes how he's doing. Or a candle maker. And before you say "but those are outdated professions" think about if everyone became a butcher or sushi chef. It would crash those markets. My city doesn't need 200 butchers. It needs a few really good ones, a few cheap ones and then let grocery chains do the rest.

Economics is about balance as much as it's about growth and decay.

I'm not saying his sushi isn't the shit, but I've never tried it, so I feel somewhat suspicious that he's overhyped. Customers might assume it's the greatest sushi ever because the chef is such a stern dick about it. Then they might get a placebo effect and think they're eating the tastiest thing ever.

Ignoring economic reality in order to do the most creative and artsy hipster thing you could do is totally numale cuck thing. Suck it up soyboy.

>Because it's not 1800 anymore and learning a singular skill in a master/apprentice type setting isn't viable
>My city doesn't need 200 butchers. It needs a few really good ones
?

>two ideas separated into sentences confuses me

No, only "numales" attempt to discredit an lifetime of dedication to one's work as "crafts". If you don't like his food, don't eat at his restaurant. But nothing you say can take away his sheer commitment. I bet you've achieved nothing of value in comparison,, which is why you're here baselessly criticizing Jiro's efforts. Way to out yourself as the actual numale.

Based Jiro is drawing dimes.

you said it's not viable to be in a skilled profession then you said that you don't need shitty butchers, you need skilled butchers.

>it took me 20 years to master tye art of japanese burger flipping: the movie

dark, but underrated

Who is talking about economics? What kind of braindead strawman is this?

Jiro is SpongeBob irl

Does he imply that developing relationships with suppliers isn't part of his art, though? I've never watched the show.

Which is why everyone can do it, and people like Jiro and their restaurants are a diamond dozen, right?

good goy

What does dragon taste like?

>t. small testical """"""guy""""""

It's not viable because our economy isn't based on trades anymore. I said my city doesn't need too many butchers, skilled or otherwise. Oversaturated markets are bad. If everyone chose to go back to a trade then lots of people would choose the same trade because people aren't that unique. That would cause instability in the market and prices to vary more than the current system. And given that a lot of trades are truly outdated, that leaves even less open trades for people to choose from.

Sorry soyboy but not all "skills" are equal, wasting more time on them doesn't make them praiseworthy unless you are an easily impressed loser who lacks any actual talent. Now go, I bet you have to hone your videogaming skills.

>yfw someday we will have machines create sushi that is far tastier than Jiro's sushi, and those machines will be soulless automatons that have no appreciation for hard work and dedication

What was up with his rice dealer? Was he drunk?

>I've never watched the show

Then why are you commenting? It's clear that I'm talking about his skill to make sushi, which is what the documentary praises as well as the quote from Jiro himself. He's not talking about his business connections.

The algorithms would have to have a beauty that surpasses Jiro's art, so I would not quite say they would be soulless.

Which country has the best food?
In my opinion it's Italy with Spain as close second.

>Then why are you commenting?
For fun

>for some reason other people are the "soyboys" for not eating muh raw fish dipped in literal soyshit sauce
>this is coming from a dumb weeb

Right back at you.

The best foods are american interpretations of other country's food

America

Delete this. RIGHT NOW

American people don't have their own food culture of their own so they claim other cuisines as "their own". Pretty sad actually, at least you can eat your burgers.

The Romans assimilated the culture of their neighbors as well. It made them strong, not weak.

>hur durr it dissolves in water and turns into separate compounds your argument is flawed i win

dumb faggot eating msg is bad for you, nothing about breaking down into sodium ion in glutamate is helping your argument. that glutamate is not natural its fucking processed, binding that to sodium ions and releasing it into your system is unnatural and leads to health problems. get fucking rekt nerd dont expect to throw bullshit out there and not get called on it because you know "science" terms.

>hurr glutamate is good
not processed you dumb cunt, distilling your argument to that fucking point is such a pussy tactic. you think no one knows anything about it so youre free to make up bullshit.

I somehow doubt the shit he makes is any better than the sushi I buy at my local supermarket.

>fellow channers
BRUH...LOOK AT THIS DOOD OHOHO WAIT'LL YOU SEE THE OHONONONO OHOHO *WHEEZE* OHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

For me, it's the McChicken

Kek, it looks absurd when they mix all that stuff into a pot, but the fact is, it actually does mix in people's guts.

>multiculturalism is good
hello libcuck

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

>Michelin

you guys know they only started this shit to sell tiers right? Look at the blatant bias. I don't think a single Indian restaurant has 3 stars when we all know most Indian food is better than garbage subway sushi.

>Sup Forumstards (white) supremacists promoting the consumption of sushi while calling people that consume typical european food soyboys/hipsters/memewords

do you charge people over a grand for raw fish user?