Both have a magic sword of insane power

>both have a magic sword of insane power
>both know multiple fighting styles
>both have experience fighting demons
>both have been fighting for their causes for too long

Who would win?

the Dragonslayer isn't magic its just well made and fucking huge. I would still give it to Guts because he will do any desperate and suicidal thing to win.

This meme that they're similar characters needs to go away.
I remember them saying because he killed so many demons with it, it became cursed or blessed on its own and could defeat magical creatures because of it.

>the Dragonslayer isn't magic
Not originally, but after being soaked in demon and ghost magic so many times it's now got some magic to it, Soul Edge style.

Dragonslayer wasn't magic to begin with, but since having slain all those Apostles it's been infused with their astral energy or something.

Which is why Guts could cut Ganishka's Apostle form of mist and leave a lasting scar onto his body.

Link

>Guts
>multiple fighting styles
What?

It is. More like anti-magic though.

shut up

Death Battle when?

>Western swordsman created by a Japanese
>Japanese swordsman created by a westerner

Poetry.

I've always been reccomended those videos but kept ignoring them because the thumbnails always came off as cringy to me, are they actually good?

>are they actually good?

Fuck no.

They're good for base knowledge on both characters in question and are generally a bit entertaining, but they're definitely "Tell your brain to shut up" videos.
Like watching wrestling.

Didn't know that. Is that a new thing?

New by berserk standards, so that means it was revealed like five years ago

If him meeting that witch and getting the berserker armor is new, since that was when he learned of it.

Thanks for reminding me caska unpotatoes in 5 days

It's older than naruto.

>implying something won't go horribly wrong
It's dangerous to hope user

Since the armor upgrade

I think he means that Guts isn't fucked if he loses or can't use the sword, he has the arrows, throwing knives, bombs etc.

Going to go with jack on this one, he is the type to see gutt's cannonball trick coming

that would explain why I forgot its been a while since I read it. I got caught up right when they finally got off the boat, how much has come out since then?

>caska unpotatoes

WHAT?!

It's been literal decades since she went full retard, is she seriously getting cured?

They'd join forces and defeat Aku.

Jack, he can jump good.

Ignore the explanations and just watch the fight, they can be entertaining

Guts doesn't know multiples figthing styles, he knows one really well.

if Jack doesn't forget his skill like "jumping good", it would be a close Fight, but i would give the figth to Guts because of the beserk armor. That thing is OP.

They're right most of the time with a handful of "what the fuck" results. You have to give them props for milking fanboy tears.

The fights are generally entertaining, but they're occasionally edgy for the sake of edgy (Charizard vs Greymon) and because the fights have to be to the death characters act wildly out of character.

Deathstroke vs Deadpool, Snake vs Sam, and Guts vs Nightmare were my personal favorites.

Guts can take more damage but Jack seems quicker what with blocking bullets and lasers.

I'd give the edge to Jack because he's a jack of all trades with his glob trotting training and can go light ninja mode if he gets the opportunity. But it'll be really close.

I think it'd really depend on where they are, it's pretty close otherwise.

Jack. No contest.

>both have a magic sword of insane power
As others have said, the Dragonslayer isn't inherently magical. It has become unique in the same manner as its wielder, by spending so much time in contact with evil spirits that it developed a presence in the astral realm. This makes it more powerful against creatures of the astral realm. Against flesh and blood creatures its still just a big slab of iron.

>both know multiple fighting styles
I don't think Guts really compares to Jack here. Jack took a journey around the world and studied under various masters. Guts was initially trained by the mercenary Gambino. His unique style comes from the fact that as a small child Gambino forced him to use a full sized sword, and as Guts grew the relative size of the weapon he used did as well. He picked up a knack for throwing knives and some other ranged weapons but he's never trained under anyone besides Gambino. It's just the one style honed over the course of his career.

>both have experience fighting demons
And how! It's pretty much all Guts does anymore, night after night, year after year. He's finally getting a break lately, poor guy.

>both have been fighting for their causes for too long
Jack has Guts beat here, too. Guts is in his mid 20s I think, and although he's spent most of that time fighting for his life, about 2 or 3 years of that against incredibly powerful demonic forces, it still pales in comparison to the 50 years Jack has been wandering and fighting.

Guts' biggest advantage would be the Berserker's Armor, which allows him to push far beyond the safe limits for the human body (and his limits are already abnormally high) and shrug off attacks that should cripple or kill any normal person.

If help is allowed, Guts also has Puck for healing and a sorceress backing him up.

I'm a huge fan of Berserk but Jack probably wins. I know Guts like the back of my hand but I don't know enough about Jack to know for sure.

If by cured you mean go back to being the annoying bitchy cunt who put Guts on the backburner til Griffith rejected her for royal pussy and bitches at Guts and smacks him around, etc.......why again did the series waste DECADES trying to fix this unlikable cunt? To me she's the reason Berserk is shit.

Wait, update in 5 days?

If she can be. We still don't know what will happen with that. We don't even know if she WANTS to come back. Skull Knight inferred that she may not, in his usual cryptic manner.

So because Casca didn't immediately throw herself into Guts' arms the minute he showed up she's a bitch? And she was right to call Guts out on his shit. The way he fought back then was practically suicidal. It's one thing for him to place himself at risk, but as leader of the Raiders he put his allies lives at risk too.

Dumb people shouldn't read Berserk.

Like, five chapters.

>are they actually good?
Not if you want a fanfic where both characters meet and interact as though it were a crossover episode rather than an exhibition match. Which is what most people on here expect (and pointlessly demand.)

Guts is a giant pussy now so... it'd probably end in a draw and a hug.

Stupid simp. Guts never commanded his troops to follow his example. He did what he did so they didn't get offed in battle. He took the grand risk by fighting solo.

Also Caska is a bitch because she acts like one. Even in-universe Guts tells a man who wanted to rape her "Don't bother raping that woman, she's definitively a bitch." I never liked the cliche of woman is a cunt and guy takes her bullshit like a doormat and then she falls for him. That to me is nothing more than a major sign of lacking self-respect by the protagonist (Guts in this case).

I see no difference between Guts and your average beta male faggot from Harem Anime who let themselves get violently pummeled by tsundere cunts.