"This character is the best! You have to like this character because he is too good!". Why is Marvel doing this lately...

"This character is the best! You have to like this character because he is too good!". Why is Marvel doing this lately? Kate Bishop, Miles Morales, Riri Willians, Moon Girl, Carol Danvers, America Chavez, Inhumans are examples of this new approach of "tell, don't show". Is it working for you?

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/young-avengers-15-reasons-gillen-and-mckelvie-run-was-great/?utm_source=CBR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-FB-P&view=lista
dominoesonline.com/rule.php?id=1166018531
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no its not working it never works
if you tell someone to like a thing they will do the opposite

Of those I only like Carol.

No.

Actually, I used to totally adore Carol back when she was still Ms. Marvel.
Sure most of her books were bland, but she as a character had a charm to her. She felt like a real person with flaws. I also thought that little two way crush with Spider-Man was adorable, and it almost helped me forget that OMD was shit.

Now she just feels too...Sterile? Clean?

Well now she's not a character. She's a figurehead. "Look, we have women who aren't the x-men, aren't we cool?".

Did this shit flop? Please tell me it flopped.

Because they're Jews who know they can be as blatant with their propaganda as possible because their retarded fans will buy anything with their logo on it.

Yes. they did the same thing with original spider-man and it worked out fine. Also, only one issue has come out and yet people are calling the series shit because it hasn't answered every single question they have like:
>What? How can her two moms give birth to her?
>What? How is their utopia filled with nothing but women?
>What? How can she latino if she's from another dimension?
I mean, I don't know about you fags, but I'm pretty sure the comic doesn't have to address all of those questions in it's first issue, and it definitely shouldn't have since those questions would be out of place in that issue. They'll probably do some world-building a few issues in, settle down.

Digital sales in comixology weren't good and a lot of America Chavez fans disliked it

It won't be long until it gets cancelled.

Miles is the only one I think it really applies to desu and I blame Bendis. Probably gonna happen to Riri soon (I'm enjoying the first arc)

>Believing any of this things will be answered.

The character is literally "gay fanfic materialized through magic", retard.

And please, post the pages where the reader is told how he has to like Spider-Man.

>lot of America Chavez fans disliked it

She has fans?

>She has fans?
You don't read comics?

Was this supposed to be a good rebuttal?

I read comics and don't understand the appeal of "sassy latina number 1233".

Hell, I'd call myself a fan. And I really dislike this comic.

I suspect the personality of the creators are the type that demand constant postive feedback. They need the upvotes, and to be protected from negative feedback.

But to me, it feels like shallow cheerleading for a potempkin village.

The junior league avengers run she's from has a fanbase.

The reason why I hate Chavez is that you know if she was male, her anger would be criticized. Chavez acts like a straight up, know it all bitch, and yet she's encouraged with this attitude. You have her act like a fucking asshole to her girlfriend, and then the next page is Kate/America shipping, it's just too much.

I thought people were calling it shit because of the poor dialogue, nonsensical and unfocused plot, blatant pandering, and plot holes the size of your mom's asshole.

>They'll probably do some world-building a few issues in
Except they haven't done anything with the one issue to make me WANT to read those few issues in. And that's the problem with both you and whoever's running the show over at Marvel: Taking the fandom for granted.

Considering America thought distance would ruin a relationship despite having portal powers, then proceeded to end the relationship and leave the scene with said portal powers, I like to think that America had an off-screen stroke or incident before her solo.

What we see if a character with brain damage, and everyone who knows about it is trying to make her feel better by being super nice.

>That moment when DC is currently using the Marvel method of storytelling and is outdoing Marvel.

>Marvel method of storytelling
This is a legend, user. It never existed.

I didn't say you have to keep reading if you don't want, all I said was that they'll probably answer those questions down the road, that's it.
>And that's the problem with both you and whoever's running the show over at Marvel: Taking the fandom for granted
>Taking the fandom for granted
I'm not doing anything to the or your fandom.

From Young Avengers i guess.

This Carol?

*I'm not doing anything to you or your fandom.

>Problematic fave
what does that mean

A person or character whose actions you acknowledge have issues but that you like anyway.

Have you actually read the original Spider-man or are you just a idiot?

And you still don't get it. Figures. I was right to compare you to the Marvel folks.

Let's say they do answer those questions down the road, in like Issue 4 or something. What good does that do when Issue 1 doesn't hook people into wanting to keep going until Issue 4?

cbr.com/young-avengers-15-reasons-gillen-and-mckelvie-run-was-great/?utm_source=CBR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-FB-P&view=lista

>>Top 15 reasons why Gillen's YA run was great.

- The story was understandable.

How did people understand that story?!

ESPECIALLY illuminated Carol.

Sounds like some soft speak bullshit so you can say you enjoy something without over sensitive idiots who make everything a fight shout at you from their Rascal Scooters.

>“Problematic Fave” is an expression used to describe popular celebrities or fictional characters that have been accused of some form of prejudice or bigotry. The phrase is often associated with social justice blogging on the website Tumblr.

Basically means that the character/person is flawed, SJWs only likes squeaky clean inoffensive characters.

What the fuck is a capicu ?

It's like how SJW's like their male characters to be retards, but the moment you call them retarded, they get worked up.

should we just storytime the issue and just get it out of our systems till issue two?

>What good does that do when Issue 1 doesn't hook people into wanting to keep going until Issue 4?
It means a lot of people won't read issue 4 and the book will probably be cancelled, listen user, all my post was saying was that they might answer the questions that readers will have, I didn't say they did a good job with getting people to come back to the series, nor did I say that if you had those questions that you had to continue reading something you didn't like in order to get the answers. You're just assuming that I believe that.

Aren't her original creators working on a similar character over at image?

>should we just storytime the issue
No, we've storytimed that trash enough, if some anons missed it, they can go to the archives.

Go fuck yourself, Gaby Rivera.

>No, we've storytimed that trash enough
Have we, though?

Yes. Yes, we have.

maybe kids today are stupid enough to fall for this "you know it's cool because i told you so" meme

but i doubt it

I can't believe they broke the "show don't tell" rule on the FIRST GODDAMN PAGE.

I lost count of how many times it has been asked
>dominoesonline.com/rule.php?id=1166018531
>Capicu is if you have the last bone that can win on both sides of the game

Okay, I won't storytime it again.

Thank you.

You're welcome.

>Yes. they did the same thing with original spider-man and it worked out fine

In universe, Spider-man was seen as a menace to the general public. He doubted about his own impact on crime fighting several times.

The only times he got called an "Ace Hero" was when the Avengers tried to recruit him and this was after he already plenty of adventures under his belt.

AND in the same fucking issue they -show- why the Avengers call him that, he kicks plenty of ass in it.

Here's the biggest problem with your argument: No one WANTS answers to those questions because the comic is complete tripe, and considering how how hackneyed and plothole-ridden the writing is now, any form of world building would actually just make the comic worse.

>they might answer the questions that readers will have
None of the complaints about the first issue were because of unanswered questions from the readers. Not a one.

lmao at that thing in the bottom left

Marvel's been doing that a lot lately. Carol, MAC, Moon Girl and Riri are all perfect examples of being told things with nothing to show for it.

That's the writer's self insert.

Moon Girl in her own book is OK though.

It's kinda obnoxious that the keep pushing her as te smartest, but at least her own book tempers it by making her really standoffish and immature.

>That's the writer's self insert
This shit was written by Bobby Hill?

Worse.

no you don't get it, she's a sassy latina, also bisexual, with lesbian moms, from the most magical alternate dimension outside of time and space, and she's like so powerful. Did I mention she's queer? Cause she's queer.

Is that an average tumblrina or a man with massive manboobs?

That's your average ami/co/.

>GET OUT

>I'd be licking her arse and calling it luxury chocolate, if she only wasn't white.

Please do i want to read this flaming pile of garbage but am too lazy to do anything but read this thread.

user, I already told the other user I wouldn't storytime it, but now I'm so conflicted.

If they had just made her blue or somethig and said she came from space mexico where her single gendered race lived it could have been a bit better i think.

Don't storytime it. You said you wouldn't.

He isnt here anymore, go for it.

Shit... IGNORE THAT

Maybe storytime it user

>The storytime(s) in desu are gone
Well, looks like we are in for a ride. Again.

SOMEONE MAKE A DECISION! CAN'T YOU SEE THIS ARGUMENT IS TEARING THIS FAMILY APART?

Ignore these two,.

The thing that baffles me is how the writer says that America Chavez is friends with everyone on the last page.

As in, the character whose only dialogue is "Threatens everyone" and "Boasts about herself" would be friendly to other people.

I like the wolverine one

Its almost like the charectors where reminiscing on their history with logan, its almost like like they weren't abusing the the credibility of established charectors to tell the read what to think.

I thought Wolverine knew how to swim.

You can't swim with metal bones, user.

and here I thought this was going to become a thing