YES

YES

ONE CAN HOPE

Other urls found in this thread:

dotandline.net/samurai-jack-greg-baldwin-new-aku-interview-mako-21ee0139bd34#.etxj2p6og
youtube.com/watch?v=t7N67hn0TlA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>still no Aku Loss edit

Samurai Jack

WE DON'T SAY THAT NAME HERE.

THIS IS A SAFE SPACE.

I liked the writing but that entire scene was ruined by the voice acting. I could barely make it through, it was so cringe worthy.

Let's see you do better.
Mako's irreplaceable.

Then maybe it's time for you to drop it.

>Mako's irreplaceable
Pretty much, just listening to the old intro gave me chills. Dude had serious talent.

nah, i think he did a pretty good job. i'm happy with the new va :)

Mako is dead, dude. What do you want?

someone needs to redraw this as 2 pepe's

Nah, the new guy is a lot better than Mako.

I want them to pick someone other than the first guy to walk in and do a raspy voice. Someone who maybe, I dunno, listened to what he originally sounded like and tried to go for it. It doesn't need to be 100% but getting past 10% is doable.

>"Doctor, I fear I might go on another bender"
>"Now, now. The last time you did that you decimated 3 countries, drank an entire brewery of "Aku Ale", and tried online dating"
>"Yes, the female was rather possessive of Aku. Though she should be honored to be given the UNSPEAKABLE EVIL that I possess, she should know I cant simply be tied down."
>"Perhaps you should call her, make amends?"
>"ARE YOU CRAZY?"
>"No I am you"

They really don't.

There is no replacing Mako, make peace with that. Im sure they went nuts trying to find a suitable replacement.

Am I the only one getting Discord vibes from this?

>Writing while holding a pencil like that

>When your evil voice is so unspeakably good that a powerful shape shifting demon shows up at your front door and offers to buy exclusive rights to your soul so he can have the best evil voice in the dark realm.

I'm more angry that Tara Strong is involved than Mako's replacement, honestly.

>Fighting bait with bait

Of course ponyfags do.

It's literally become Wojack vs Pepe.
It even says wo-jak in the theme song.

Discord is basically just a family friendly Aku.

People need to let the Mako voice go. He's dead. This is what the creator thought was the next best choice. It's not a contract dispute. He's gone.

For the record, I'm not a Brony, it's honestly the first thing that came to my mind when I saw that image.

MAKO WILL FOREVER LIVE ON IN MY CRUSTY HEART

Sup Forums IS MY FAVOURITE HUGBOX!

HUG ME! HUG ME TIGHT!

Nice bait.

Besides, Aku is far more goofy than scary, really.

Well she's the whore of the voice industry, so yeah.

TRULY THE EVILEST EVIL

Nigga the new VA (Greg) was Mako's apprentice

NO HE WASN'T
STOP SAYING THIS FUCKING SHIT

THEY NEVER FUCKING MET

Listen you ponyfucking namefag, the "evil all powerful shapeshifting entity" wasnt fucking coined by Discord of all people

Not the other user but so what? He's pretty shit and sounds more like a Mexican raised by Slavs than Aku.

The lines are dead on but fuck me if his delivery and voice isn't awful.

WHAT DID THEY MEAN BY THIS?7421

When I made that argument I was referring to him saying "They should hire someone who atleast heard Mako speak"

Also, Mako's voice was edited and Greg's isn't, go check Old Aku's echoy voice and compare to the new one

He sounds like he's trying to imitate an Eastern European accent, Mako truly is irreplaceable

Maybe it's just the music in that scene but I found that kinda creepy.

is there a gif of all the soldier akus laughing? the one that fights Jacks father?

i thought he did pretty good

he looks like the mischevious fox from Oglaf in this image I fucking love it.

Aku IS a fucking pepe

And I'm not implying that.

puddle-aku is cute, CUUUUUUUUTE!

if they pitch-shifted the new voice up a tiny bit and added back the echo effect it might be better.

At times like this I welcome Barneyfag.

"Barneyfag"? Dude, I stopped watching that show years ago.

Crazed shapeshifter who has wacky incidents like this, including having conversations with himself does seem like something Discord would do.

>It's literally become Wojack vs Pepe.

You mean the meme that was coined years after Jack and Aku's relationship was created?

No, Wojak and Pepe is just an imitation of hundreds before it. Not even in an innovative way.

EXTRA THICK

Did they stream the 2nd episode as well on the adultswim site or was that just a first episode thing?

I'm new to adult swim too, are they going to do this with every episode?

I think one of the main things off about the voice is theres no echo when he speaks

Anyone think Aku was super off model?

They did not, no. It was only for the first episode.
Worry not though, people throw it up on Kisscartoon and elsewhere like 30 minutes to an hour after it airs anyway, if you happen to not have cable or just simply miss it. Like I did.

Aku doesn't really have a "model." But yes, he did feel a little off to me.

He DID look rather odd. Besides his teeth not having red outlines, I think he was kinda.. skinny?
Something about him was thinner, maybe his head or overall body.

Also his expressions were, strangely enough, a bit off model.

>I bleached the cigs, Fred.

That's great, thanks user, i'm watching it right now.
I'm a sucker for chat reactions, and goddamn if the opening of the second episode isn't awesome.

His shoulders weren't wide enough.

>d ailymo tion (dawtcum)(slash) vide
o (slash) x 5 f 7 s 4 0 _x ci ii_t v

get at it, son

yup

I feel like it's entirely possible that Greg is fucking with us and will put on a more convincing Aku voice in coming episodes; I wouldn't put it past Genndy to purposely fcuk with the fanbase.

Okay I'm going to play devils advocate

We've seen Mako's Aku be hammy evil, bored, happy, angry, all sorts of emotions

Greg's Aku is bored sounding, but that's cause the character himself is bored and stopped giving a shit cause Jack won't die. He'll probably get better as the show goes on

Except that's EXACTLY what Greg did for 20 years straight, even though he never met him himself. He repeatedly sang along to a musical called 'Pacific Overtures' that starred Mako as the lead, which netted him a job as a replacement when the old man carked it.

Like it or not, he's still the most qualified man in the industry to replace Mako's shoes, by dint of hard work, practice, and actual training.

dotandline.net/samurai-jack-greg-baldwin-new-aku-interview-mako-21ee0139bd34#.etxj2p6og

I like Baldwin, even if his Aku sounds vaguely Slavic.

LYONG AGOO IN A DYSTAND BURG, I AKUKOV, SLAVPOSTING SQUATMASTER OF VATNIKS, UNLEASHED AN UNSPEAKABLE GOMMUNISM

MORE A K U

I got ya covered, fa/\/\.

*autistic screeching*.jpg

Oh hell, that quality is terrible.

Running my mouse down the link fast makes the thumbs look like he's going through the 5 phases of grief.

I liked the opening but it had a strange vibe to it, seemed dreamlike.
Also at the end it seemed like a 4th wall break has Aku done that in the past?

Yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=t7N67hn0TlA

Bare in mind this is a 10 episode final season.

Aku says he destroyed all the time portals, this must include the one Blue Man was guarding.
I wonder if Aku opened a portal in time and threw him into the past or further into the future to defeat him.

God damn Aku sounded so Russian it hurt. Good to see I'm not the only one bothered by it.

You didn't stop watching it in 2012 and that makes you a faggot. Accept it.

that is kinda a wall break he is recognizing the formula but he doesn't address the audience.
I just rewatched that one the other day one of my favorites.

No he's not. There are plenty of youtube vids of people doing it better. They're just not part of the Communist Hollywood VA Unions so they're not 'allowed' to be hired.

It wasn't a perfect voice, but I thought the delivery was good enough to make the scene worthwhile.

we have to have one of these episodes in the new season

aku is to funny not to

>Tripfag
>Brony
>Comparing that slop to Samurai Jack

Nothing can possibly be more disgusting.

I'm sure I stopped watching it way before 2012 came around.

>Brony

>Comparing that slop to Samurai Jack

I'm not doing that, hell, I never even watched Samurai Jack.

Huh, I was sure you wrote "I stopped watching that show two years ago". Guess I should get some sleep.

You are forgiven.

This whole sequence is some of the most unrestrained Genndy-ness the show has ever had, it was pretty funny

>>Tripfag

Don't use words you don't know.

>It's been 50 years and Aku still doesn't know he doesn't have the sword

how dumb is he?

Its been 50 years since he traveled to the future.

We don't how long its been since he lost the sword.

at least it can be inferred that it has been as long or longer than the time it took the daughters to train.

Mainly with how at the start they were praying to an idol of Aku for his return, but also because the robot says jack's been elusive for quite a while now, probably because he started doing so after he lost his blade.

I would watch this

the training montage were flashbacks during the main story, because we don't know how long ago he lost it he could have had it all the time they were training.

>tfw you got out of bed for this literal shit

Time is a bit vague at present. All we know is that it's been 50 years since the baby episode.

The time frame of when Jack lost his sword, when the daughters of Aku started training, when the time portals were all destroyed, when Aku stopped showing up, etc. is all not fully defined at present.

This. There are definitely non union stage actors that could do better but don't have connections like Baldwin.

What civilisation did it first?