swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Darth Maul #2 (March 22)
Rogue One Digital (March 24)

>Rebels 3.198: "Twin Suns"
mega.nz/#F!HYliTb7R!d9VQPNttWf3vUDHaXKjNZQ

>Rebels Recon: Twin Suns
youtube.com/watch?v=8eIZsJsck7A

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5tSa3xLVYgM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

god nit, sweat prints

He lost to the best

>TFW we wasted so many cool X-wing pictures at the end of the last thread

Why do people act like Obi-Wan is old? He's barely that much older than Anakin and he can do all the flippy shit in his heavy ass suit and metal limbs.

I missed the discussion of the latest Rebels episode. Did Sup Forums want a lengthy duel or the way it played out? Anything still lingering about the episode?

The white and thinning hair probably has something to do with it.

We're not too happy with it, but some of us admit it makes sense.

>he's barely that much older than Anakin
there's a huge fucking difference between 60 and 40

Now that the dust has barely settled. What did you think?

I hated it, then I saw Recon, then watched it again and now I think it's art.

I think it was top kino but they fucked up graphically by not making it clear that Kenobi sliced Maul's chest until after you see him collapse in his arms with his chest smoking

Because he is? You need to remember that aging is different for everyone. Dooku, for instance, was much order than Obi-Wan but Obi-Wan in ANH was just sad with his weird little old man turns.

Okay, that's because movie magic took up the slack and Dooku was actually a younger man's body with Christopher Lee's head/face during fights, technology they couldn't have really pulled off in the 70s. So instead we have Obi-Wan who aged very badly on Tatooine. It's a punishing environment weighing heavily on the body and soul of a man who lost his order, his brother, everyone he knew or cared about, and who can't even train the New Hope thanks to Uncle Owen.

Obi-Wan had a hard life.

I personally think the duel was perfect, it was the parts with Ezra that brought the episode down.
However, it does explain how Leia and Bail know where Obi Wan is. Though previously I just kinda thought Obi Wan just kept in touch with Bail, or told him where he was going to be.

Nothing ever went right for him, he couldn't even fuck the girl he was interested in because of his job.

He's the kind of guy I want to give a hug.

>Darth Maul #2 (March 22)
>Rogue One Digital (March 24)
You forgot Zero Hour for Rebels

The Republic Courts are still out on whether Satine ever polished his lightsaber for him.

Fuck me I totally did god damn it it wasn't on that list

You're late, OP asked last thread if he should add anything.

You all know it's coming out, maybe he doesn't watch the show

I thought Obi-Wan and Bail told each other where they were going with their respective Skywalker twin at the end of RotS.

I like the fight. It's very smart on how it was handled

Think the one scene from Kurosawa's Seven Samurai

>Needa's shuttle's panels bend outwards

DEEPEST LORE

In the canon version, Needa uses a Lambda.:^)

Bail knows he's on Tatooine, that's how he knows to send Leia to get him. Whether they actually kept in any kind of communication is another story, though.

They changed it in the SE? I thought they kept it and just added the Lambda from ROTJ at the end when Vader leaves Bespin

Pretty sure Bail already knew he was on Tatooine, since the plan was that he and Bail would meet up again when the time was right.

You're right. Needa still uses the TIE shuttle, the lambda is just used by Vader.

That's Vader on Bespin, Needa's shuttle pics are taken from the Blu-Ray version.

>Though previously I just kinda thought Obi Wan just kept in touch with Bail, or told him where he was going to be.
They probably didn't keep in touch but Bail is literally sitting at the table when Yoda tells Obi-Wan to take Luke to Tatooine.

You know, this reminds me. With all the fuss about how strong Chewbacca's bowcaster was in TFA, did he ever actually fire it at all in the OT?

>Needa's shuttle
youtube.com/watch?v=5tSa3xLVYgM

He did on Endor.

The one he has in TFA is a bigger version, iirc.

Yeah, once. At a speeder bike. At the time we thought it just exploded because he hit it in the right spot, but apparently it turns out the bowcaster is just that strong.

It's really weird to go back through the trilogy and realize he didn't fire it at all in ANH or ESB, and only fired it once in ROTJ. All other times he's fired a weapon it's been a "borrowed" blaster like an E-11.

Though that still doesn't explain why Han seems completely surprised by it, you'd think he'd have seen it used at least once in their multi-decade partnership.

It was a beautiful artistic work

he uses it to shoot down a speeder bike on endor

Do you have a version of this with Vader coming through the door?

Man, imagine sitting in the theaters in the summer of 1977 and watching that scene.for the very first time. It must have been hype as fuck. You can tell from the first sight of him that Darth Vader is one of the coolest fucking things you've ever seen.

he was a big guy

I always thought the image of him with his hands on his hips seemed a bit silly. Feels like he's really disappointed in Leia instead of mad, especially when he wags his finger at her.

hondo deliver yet with that 1080 rip.

I mean she *was* a member of the Imperial Senate.

So is Season 3 of Rebels good? I'm downloading the first episode?
I watched completely S1 and S2 back to back but I thought they were both mediocre.

>Feels like he's really disappointed in Leia instead of mad, especially when he wags his finger at her.

What have I told you about rebelling against the empire?

I'm putting my foot down this time. no more alderaan.

Snarky Vader is best Vader.
That's what I love about him in R1, ANH and the old Marvel comics.

>thinking of starting a mukbang/star wars youtube channel

I just want to eat food and talk about star wars would anyone watch that. I'd be discussing EU stuff mostly, I want to go through and read a bunch of the legends books.

>yfw Prince Xizor is in next season
>with Thrawn in place of Vader

That episode was 1 minute of art that wasn't worth suffering 21 minutes of garbage and all the minutes of the other boring and eventually pointless Maul episodes.

I found Maul's death really sad, he went to Obi-wan to die.

I WILL REMEMBER YOU

WILL YOU REMEMBER ME?

DON'T LET YOUR LIFE PASS YOU BY

WEEP NOT FOR THE MEMORIES

>WILL YOU REMEMBER ME?
no

Has hondo come by yet??!?!?!?!

I don't think so, but just check the previous threads. An archive exists

Why does he have a Ben Quadinaros from Star Wars Racer poster and a Millenium Falcon poster?

>All YT-1300 freighters are the Millennium Falcon

it might not be the millenium falcon, but just of the yt freighter

>I sense... A ripple in the force
>Oh kek, my old apprentice just died hahahaha

I'm picturing this but with Sheev, Mas Amedda, Tarkin, etc

That would be great, someone should request that in the drawthread

Disney Wars is for faggots

Okay

>He charged into battle swinging his sword like a mindless lunatic, no doubt
>The zabrak truly are the niggers of the galaxy

explains why you talk about it so much

I didn't know there were multiple ships like the millennium falcon

>He tried to use the trick that killed his master for ultimate poetry
>He actually thought it would work, the absolute mad man

who?

You might want to get checked

in AOTC alone we see three, check the far left of the land pad

>>The zabrak truly are the niggers of the galaxy

False. Mandos are.

Thrawn will die, Xizor will replace him.

Those don't quite look like 1300s but definitely of the same line.

delete this

oh this reminds me of an error in the complete locations books - it shows the hangars as WEST of the theed palace when actually the palace is way the hell on the left of the scene out of screen

fillers are bad. the mandlore maul tharwn fulcrum episodes great shit

now look where the Theed Palace is - opposite side of the Landing Pad, out of screen left from here

Can't stop reading those ThrawnxReader fics

Why? Because I didn't know about it? That's retarded.

and the full cliff

Hey, there's only one decent tarkinxreader

my life is suffering

find another human to have sex with, close your eyes and think of the carrion spike

>and think of the carrion spike

Kek'd. But I'm asexual and other humans physically disgust me do you see my problem?

May have just been rebuilt, since the hangar was also next to a river and waterfall in Episode 1.

oh, I'm sorry I keep forgetting

here's a rare tarkin

it is next to a rivulet and waterfall in that image though, and it also has the three domes of the power plant that Quigon Obiwan and Maul fight in

It's fine. That tarkin is a cute

in my fantasies, people aren't as gross as they actually are. that's how I do it. Gives me a lot of free time to shitpost

Do you think Krennic grew up idolizing Tarkin because he comes from the outer rim (like him) and he's a total badass (like he thinks he is) and he made it to the stop (like he wants to) but his dreams were totally crushed by reality?

It's close to a waterfall but not right next to it like in TPM.

fug forgot my text

anyway also check out the big flat plain under the hangar (now occupied by a built up spacedock) as opposed to the hilly rise that meets the clifftop west of the palace

But now the waterfall is further out, rather than having the fall itself directly to the left of the hangar. Then if we compare it to this which I'm assuming is the same area, you can see the waterfall isn't right next to it.

>Imagine meeting your hero and he shuts your shit down so hard you have to wear a cape to feel important

I thought the actual showdown itself was perfect but was let down a little by maul not having any visible wound. It just unintentionally adds ambiguity at a time where its really not needed. Obi wan watching luke in the sunset was 10/10 too. Rest of the episode was pretty uninteresting and ezra felt really shoehorned in, his presence in the ep was completely unnecessary. It should have been maul aimlessly through the desert for a whole episode instead than ezra. At least then his meeting with obi wan would have had some build up. Maul hasnt appeared for a while so to have him just come and go is pretty disappointing.

whoops my mistake turns out at least one of those images I posted was a promotional composition and not used in the movie, so you're definitely right about there being no waterfall there, I'll need to rewatch the movies to verify because I can't find jack shit on youtube

however I would like to maintain that it is much easier to move a river than to move a building

>It just unintentionally adds ambiguity at a time where its really not needed
Not sure if I'd call that ambiguity, since we see smoke rising from his chest. As someone else pointed out, you can see his body jerk a little when he's struck- it's subtle, but there's definitely indications that he got slashed, even if we don't outright see the wound.

Now I want a scene where Tarkin looms over Krennic and says something like "we are not the same, and we never will be. You are lower than me" or something like that, and Krennic just shits his pants.

the point of ezra being present is ironically to show that he shouldn't be present ("you're in the wrong place") and trying to insert himself into the stories of other characters because this is harmful to both creative storytelling, as the show shouldn't rely on nostalgia for other characters to support itself, and the in-universe aim of the Rebellion

however his tangential relevance was necessary to justify a conclusion to Maul's story which is irrevocably intertwined with Obi-Wan's

Decent pottery in fight, would have been worth if their interactions wasn't
>wow your house sucks
>you're a dick maul
>three second fight
>is luka the chosen one
>yeh meng
>k bye