Carol Danvers

I don't understand why everyone gives such a shit about this character. She has been at best a C list character in the past.

She has almost 0 good stories other than the story with Rogue which barely counts and giving birth to her rapist.

It's painfully apparent that the mouse is just pushing her because "muh diversity". She is still a nobody in ANAD. She's been banished to the cosmic side of marvel and is off all the avengers teams. Civil War 2 was ass and Carol could have been anyone else in her stance.

She only a place holder character to have the name Captain Marvel. Now that she isn't a voluptuous model there is virtually no reason to care about her.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3xLuN0beLp0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yeah no shit. The only people who actually care are mouse shills.

Where exactly have you gotten the idea that anyone gives a shit about her?

All of the posts I've seen about her recently.

Carol thread!

YAAS, QUEEN!

She's a blonde white female; the symbol of modern oppression amongst SJWs.

The only time Carol was cool was in her Binary days besides that she's never made a serious mark as a character. There are far more heroines in 616 that deserve the spotlight she gets like Monica Rambeau, Songbird, Elsa Bloodstone, Molly Hayes, Darkstar, Sersi, Meggan, or Dani Moonstar.

A wild dyke appears!

Best girl

Those are just waifufags, they don't actually enjoy her stories or buy her comics. Just fap to pictures of her.

#SLAY

I agree. I did enjoy some binary stories. They still felt superfluous in a lot of ways though.

>Monica Rambeau

Or you could just bring in OG Spectrum.

Those threads are ironic

>molly, Elsa, Songbird, Sersi, Monica
>deserving

The hate threads?

okay, for fucks sake

>YAAS, QUEEN!

why do people keep SAYING that?

They deserve more of a shot than all the chances Carol gets. Fucking Songbird is one of the best characters I've read growing up. She went from a former criminal to a reformed hero in Thunderbolts.

Shhh. Be nice. They are probably retarded.

it was in her solicits

The Mighty Captain Marvel #1
MARGARET STOHL (W) • RAMON ROSANAS (A)
Cover by ELIZABETH TORQUE
VARIANT COVER BY ALEX ROSS
YOUNG VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
Variant Cover by Phil Noto
Variant Cover by Dave Johnson
HIP-HOP VARIANT BY JENNY FRISON

The Greatest. That’s what they call her. Carol Danvers has been to the depths of outer space and back, but that still hasn’t prepared her for her newfound status of biggest super hero ever.
Yaas, Queen! Danvers may not like the crown she’s wearing, but boy does it look good on her. Just watch out for the thorns it comes with—forces trying to take down everything Carol has built.
Carol Danvers makes her triumphant return as the Mighty Captain Marvel! Written by celebrity writer Margaret Stohl (Beautiful Creatures, Black Widow: Forever Red) and drawn by the artfully talented Ramon Rosanas (Ant-Man), this bold new take on Earth’s mightiest and favorite hero!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Yaas Queen is what the other superheroines say as Carol sits on their faces.

Songbird a shit, Carol is superior.

Songbird's story is pretty much over, it's the reason she has been teamzoned for over decade. Nobody knows what to do with her now.

Songbird is really good in Thunderbolts and New Avengers. They could do a lot with her character if they didn't prop up people like Danvers.

Pre SJW Carol > SJW Carol

Not being in Carol's position doesn't stop Songbird from being written user. If anything being in the editorial pocket makes stories worse. Writers that aren't in their line of sight can use who they want in their stories and nobody was picking Songbird before Ewing. She is in Thunderbolts because it is team made of the original Thunderbolts. She probably wouldn't even have been back on the team if the sales weren't in the trash, and that book wouldn't be coming back if it wasn't associated with Hydra cap.

When user is right but it still hurts your heart.

>She only a place holder character to have the name Captain Marvel.
I believe that's exactly the reason she's being pushed by Marvel. Unless the movie bombs spectacularly, "Captain Marvel" will become ingrained in casuals' minds as a Marvel character, so DC will have to once and for all abandon the idea of ever calling Shazam by his original name ever again.

The other reason I think she's pushed is because Marvel believes they need their own Wonder Woman they can use in their movies, but all the well-written popular characters are out of their hands, movie rights-wise. By that I mean the mutant ladies Claremont worked so hard on developing, and Invisible Woman, which got a lot of development from Byrne - both in the eighties, when Marvel actually was putting out stories with NEW ideas instead of rehashing th same shit over and over again.
The only female character that's well-developed and that Marvel can use in their movies would be She-Hulk, but I imagine she'd have to be a part of the same deal Universal has with Marvel regarding regular Hulk, so she'd never get her own movie (I mean, she could, but then Disney would have to split their profit, and we all know that won't happen).

> The only female character that's well-developed and that Marvel can use in their movies would be She-Hulk, but I imagine she'd have to be a part of the same deal Universal has with Marvel regarding regular Hulk, so she'd never get her own movie (I mean, she could, but then Disney would have to split their profit, and we all know that won't happen).

That, and She-Hulk, while her own character as a character, sounds like 'just' a Hulk knockoff despite the fact that in many ways she is a more developed character than Banner himself has ever been.

If the MCU ever brings in she-hulk, it will be because they are writing Hulk Classic out of the movies going forward and she would be replacing him on the lineup. Which wouldn't be that terrible a decision, given that they can't seem to come up with the plot of a new hulk movie for the life of them. He only hangs around for teamups at this point.

>and giving birth to her rapist.

what?

There's a carol story where an other-dimensional prince dude uses her to cross dimensions as her baby, grows up in like a day, and then mind controls her for a bit before she breaks free.

The reason why people care about Carol?

This bitch.

KSD was gaining popularity because she took advantage of the internet scene when the Avengers film hit. With the Hawkeye initiative, Sexy Lamp test and Bachedel test, KSD rose to popularity by gaining a following. Thus when CAPTAIN MARVEL was announced, it was proclaimed as THE FEMINIST BOOK! DC was too sexist to deliver that with Wonder Woman! Look at her! Is that a bathing suit? No, CAROL DANVERS is the modern feminist hero! You're part of the Carol Corps now!

...and then she left Marvel and all that energy left. Oh, the fans don't know the energy left, they still think Carol Danvers is the reason they got excited for this stuff. Naw, Marvel is trying to sabotage Carol Danvers. The character is perfect...but...something is missing.

Carol Danver fans were really just KSD fans, but they never realize that different writers write different things, so they never separated her writing from the character.

>Elsa Bloodstone
oooh i want a nextwave movie

>The reason why people care about Carol?
>
>This bitch.

KSD never sold that much

Ms. marvel #1 73k
Captain Marvel #1 42k

>and then she left Marvel and all that energy left.
What "energy", motherfucker? KSD's Captain Marvel had to relaunch just to sell barely above cancellation numbers.

Shit

except she also drove away most of the people who were Carol fans before she got her hands on her

Because if you're going through Marvel's characters, trying to find the closest thing they have to Wonder Woman, Carol is it.

There are much better female characters to promote, but they're all either team players like Storm or Sue Richards who don't do much solo, or they're unknowns like Songbird.

So now they're trying to take a well known C lister and pump her up into an A lister for the sake of having at least one woman as famous as Spiderman/Captain America/Thor/Ironman

It's too bad what happened to her after Nextwave ended. Her brother was kind of cool though.

When the MCU cow tits dry up and die everybody will continue not giving a shit. Outside of the Spider-Man and the X-Men, lets be real, nobody gives a fuck about Marvel's hero line up. All of the Hulk's movies we fucking disasters for instance. i expect the same to happen to ms marvel and the widow solo movie.

>There are much better female characters to promote, but they're all either team players like Storm or Sue Richards who don't do much solo, or they're unknowns like Songbird.

Scratch that, I just remembered She Hulk. She Hulk would have been a better choice than Carol if they wanted to promote a woman to high A-list

>That, and She-Hulk, while her own character as a character, sounds like 'just' a Hulk knockoff despite the fact that in many ways she is a more developed character than Banner himself has ever been.
They changed Captain Marvel from Ms.Marvel, couldn't they have done it to Shulkie? Bruce is dead now, So his cousin takes up his name and lives on as the new Hulk.

>The only female character that's well-developed and that Marvel can use in their movies would be She-Hulk, but I imagine she'd have to be a part of the same deal Universal has with Marvel regarding regular Hulk, so she'd never get her own movie (I mean, she could, but then Disney would have to split their profit, and we all know that won't happen).
Songbird would work, but she hasn't been used in ages, so they'd have to reintroduce her.

Who cares about them, marvel clearly dont, she managed to created a brand the "carol corp" brand and that worth a lot more than some 30s year old comic fan.

Seriously you only like her because of her look? as Captain Marvel she hasn`t gotten any good stories.

What? She's in the (shitty) Thunderbolts book now and I think was in an Avengers book before that.

problem with that, Amadeus Cho is now the hulk, they probably never expected Bendis to kill Bruce when TA hulk was announced.

>Amadeus Cho is now the hulk
Perfect, we can kill him too.

Also stop raiding thread when people is trying to criticize Carol, you guys look like cant take it and have to resort to shitposting.

>Carol could have been anyone else in her stance.
disagree there. Carol is one of the few capes not already a leader in CW1 who could believably act like just a delusional, control-obsessed jackass

Gay people are overly sensitive about their feminist icon.

>Implying that is more than one sad neckbeard.

youtube.com/watch?v=3xLuN0beLp0

Which is why she should be playing Carol in the movie.

Why not Evil Empress Carol? Why continually push her as a hero's hero who's "redemption" outweighs her flaws? Her core personality and predilections already leans toward anti-heroism it'll be more of a character development if they finally would let her embrace her sadism and violent outburst unrestrained.

Nobody likes Carol.

Marvel just wants you to think everybody does.

I like (pre KSD) Carol

The problem is the Hulk is already there, which creates all sorts of problems for establishing She-Hulk.
Ironically, Marvel have now made Jennifer the same as Banner, when the thing that differentiated her from Banner was she loved her powers.

It's easy to forget that She-Hulk, Storm,Scarlet Witch, Sue Storm, and Wasp were Marvel's leading females until Bendis and other writers ushered in this new era.

Note how the flawed female characters have been replaced by Mary Sue's who are "the best" and worshipped everywhere.

> replaced by Mary Sue's who are "the best" and worshipped everywhere.

Funny thing is, Carol's fucked up flawed as shit

Yes, and that potentially makes her interesting, but they surround her with "the best" BS.

I would portray her thus:

Good Traits:
Loyal
Cares for her friends
Wants to do good, to prove herself

Bad Traits:
Arrogant
Bossy
Workaholic

Make her troubled past the thing that drives her to be a hero, but which also has a dark side to it, in that it has an aspect of egotism.

Nick Spencer bought up a whole interesting thread of Carol being driven by insecurity in The Oath.

>Getting back into comics since losing interest in 2003
>Discover Carol due to the big recent push
>falls in love with her classic look but can't stand nuCarol

Such suffering...

>they surround her with "the best" BS.
>solicits written by some rando intern
>'surrounded'

Moonstone did it better

I say while Moonstone has been in a worst situation then Carol for the past couple of years, if not longer then that.

Heterosexual white women impersonating homosexual white men impersonating heterosexual black women.
Welcome to the 21st century.

>people trying to criticise Carol
>let them have their say
>don't even give them (you)s

What exactly am I doing wrong m80? I'm not bashing anyone. If someone doesn't like me posting Carol in a Carol thread, they can fuck off.

>I don't understand why everyone gives such a shit about this character.

When did you think they did?

Everyone in Sup Forums talks about how it's a mistake to push her.

What are you, stupid or trolling?

Death used to mean something. The irony.

I think he means that she is surrounded by characters who harp on constantly about how amazing she is, rather than actually interact with her as a character.

That's already happening in the comics. She-Hulk's title is now just the Hulk, and Cho is TAHulk.

What will happen after Marvel's Rebirth brings Bruce back as the Hulk is anyone's guess, though.

Story of Marvel's life for most of their newer characters.