ITT things in cartoons based supposedly based on reality that you've never actually seen IRL

ITT things in cartoons based supposedly based on reality that you've never actually seen IRL

I have never in my life seen those chicken/turkey sock things

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YZRq3XxCZXo
charlestoncvb.com/plan-your-trip/tours-attractions~204/carriage-tours~1151/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>they're actual paper booties

Huh.
Always figured they were stylized bone, like manga meat

they havent been fashionable in years but they did exist. i think you can see em in that famous norman rockwell painting
you do notice in cartoons the bones are always sunbleached white instead of cooked-brown

i love threads about this kind of thing but I can't think of examples when pressed

Whataburger actually exists in Texas

Money bags with giant dollar signs on them.

>though this could be because I'm poor

Police eating donuts

Anvils

eh that's a pretty true one. if youre on a long stakeout you need something with a lot of energy that's good at any temperature and doesnt go bad.
of course if you ever see cops eating yeast donuts, that's nonsense. they eat cake donuts.

>based on reality
Wait. Were those real? I thought it was a cartoon invention. Did early 20th century banks put dollar signs on their money bags? Anyone have a source one way or the other?

i can almost guarantee dollar-sign-bags are a political cartoon convention. they're visual shorthand.

Either that or people were just too stupid to realize "hey whats in those bags they're running out of the bank with"

I've seen with my own two eyes police turning on their lights and sirens to cut in line for a doughnut drive-through.

Somebody wearing a monocle.

Popular kids being assholes.

Okay. I figured that was the case, but that user made me second guess it.

Forgot pic.

anything related to baseball or american football

Always see these kinda bombs in cartoons heh heh.

I see cop cars parked outside Dunkin Donuts all the time

They're called 'chop frills' or 'turkey frills'. They serve both an aesthetic and practical purpose by covering up the exposed bone and keeping your fingers clean. Now that food presentation has generally gotten a lot more minimalist, you're not going to see them much outside of swanky dinner parties.

Depends on where you live.

City cops are useless everywhere.

I live in a large, wealthy, mostly white and really conservative town, so they pump tons of money into the police force to take care of those scary blacks, and there's a lot of honor involved, so most of the cops are physically fit, well-educated and experienced. You'd never catch them eating shitty junk food like donuts.

Bombs like these were the norm throughout ancient history because they were a really effective design that could be thrown by hand or launched by artillery. However, the shells were often made with ceramic, since it's a LOT lighter and shatters readily to form shrapnel.

you did report them to the station, right? it's our responsibility to restore their reputation by improving the reality of their performance

also a lot easier to cast hollow

And it's the best goddamn burger in the burger-nation

Nah they're real. At least in private schools.

Cops cutting in line is the least of their problems right now and they're not particularly interested in improving.
The chief of police's response to their entire collection of confiscated drugs and drug money going missing was 'hey calm down, we've just been neglecting our paperwork for the past several years. Shit goes missing all the time, I'm sure we'll find it eventually."

>tfw your city's police departments evidence room had shit stolen from it by cops for years and the response from the department was 'oops we shoulda kept better paperwork'

SLIPPING ON BANANA PEELS

youtube.com/watch?v=YZRq3XxCZXo

>We bully machines this much
We deserve to be wiped out by them when they go rogue

Hatboxes. I kinda wish I had a hat fancy enough to keep in one.

Physical money isnt even stored in bags but racks, casettes and blocks wrapped in paper for easier stacking. Some central banks in yurop have open days when you can just go in and play with literally millions of dollars and bars of gold.

Generally speaking they come with the fancy hat.

I'm convinced anvils don't even exist

Never seen a dinosaur before.

Cute waitress, nurse, or maid uniforms.

Back when money was mostly gold and silver coins they were a thing.

police work crazy hours (it's a 24hr service obviously). they tend to eat a lot of fast food and doughnuts because that is what is open early and late.

That's some shitty CGI

Well then what does a fancy hat come wrapped in?

Horse drawn sleigh. Or any kind of animal drawn sleigh, really.

top kek
stupid machine i bet it doesn't even have a soul

Go to a retro themed diner/restaurant.

It's already begun.

If you're willing to go out to the country you can usually find someone who still has a sleigh going.

My hometown has horses with wagons going around during the heritage festival every summer.

Where is this New Jerusalem of a place?

Well, I suppose me and my monocle will just see ourselves out then. Good day to you sir.

You went to a shitty private school then. Mine were paradises.

Yeah, /r9k/ doesn't want to hear it. But the most popular kids usually are Smart, Handsome, Fit, and Talented. The Bullies are just above average on the totem pole for their skill alone and most end up in trade school, military, working minimum wage.

Probably the most annoying thing is animators' general vague understanding of how policemen catch criminals.
On tv of course, but also in cartoons you see shit like cops planting fake evidence so the guy confesses, or a cop going against orders to stalk someone, or a criminal who finds out that someone has evidence just confessing everything without contacting a laywer

Or a hero stopping a crime before it happens and tying up the criminals and calling the police to pick up the bodies, as if they even have a case against them when there are no witnesses.

Shit like that, that would in the real world constitute dismissal of evidence, unacceptable behavior, etc. and allow the defendant to get off scot-free

>and allow the defendant to get off scot-free

Actually, it would just be a mistrial or evidence getting dismissed.

mostly, yeah, but stuff like bringing someone in on some unfounded suspicion, you couldn't legally detain them for long.

Mostly it'd just make a slightly stronger case for the defense, but you know what i mean.

Except cops plant evidence all the time. If caught it can be dismissed but since they're never punished for it (or any other malfeasance) what do they have to lose?

I lived in Arizona and currently in California and there's still Whataburgers here and there.

Pretty much anything about old-timey cartoon hillbillies.

>Big beards
>Straw hats
>Overalls with one strap missing
>Barefoot
>Huge, but not quite jewey nose
>Banjo
>XXX moonshine jugs
>Log cabins
>Weird guns that get big at the end

Most hillbillies I've met either have a t-shirt and jeans or military camo, they live in mobile homes, drink light beer, and if they have a gun, it's usually a glock.

>weird guns that get big at the end

I think it's called a blunderbuss

Once in a while you see police officers getting donuts where i live. It's might be cliche as fuck in cartoons, but it's a reality

My sister had to get an outfit similar to that in black and some other color for the family restaurant she worked at. It's just not considered hip and it's too costly.

Your sister sounds cute, you should fuck her.

Interacial gangs

>Multiracial street gangs

The bank I use gives out money bags if you withdraw massive amounts of case. But no Dollar sign, just the bank's logo.
Still its a big waving flag for you to get mugged.

I've seen plenty of police eating donuts.
I've also seen a lot of other people eating donuts too.
Donuts are delicious.

I remember reading how that started and it was pretty much a vaudeville guy made an act based off of him seeing a guy almost slip on one.

My high school didn't have enough students to form cliques so everyone kind of hung out together, Jocks with the JROTC kids and Cheerleaders were on the Mathletes etc, but I can honestly say that the more assholish kids at my school were the theater kids.

I haven't seen a sleigh because muh state doesn't do snow n' shiet, but we got horse drawn carriages still in the capital city along with trolleys n' shiet. (Southern US by the way)

My school had that. They obviously weren't assholes to each other (most of the time) but they treated the rest of us like shit and got away with it because most teachers don't give a fuck. Especially not the gym teachers since pretty much all of the popular guys were soccer guys.

Jocks being dumb

They were forced to be smart because they needed to study way harder than my "smart but lazy but actually just average and lazy" ass to stay on their teams and shit.

I work at a hardware store, we literally sell a 60-pound looney tunes style anvil, pic related

Same applies to cheerleaders and other "popular girls" being dumb.
Really, it's all just the writers "getting back" at all the people they were jealous of in High School.

Ha!

I hope they programmed feelings in that thing so we can laugh at it

>I live in a large, wealthy, mostly white and really conservative town, so they pump tons of money into the police force to take care of those scary blacks, and there's no honor involved, so most of the cops are out of shape, not well-educated and inexperienced.
fixed for every white and conservative town I've ever been to

>City cops are useless everywhere.
Fuck off. City cops do a lot of good work and are very busy.

Physical money in the US isn't stored in bags mostly because it's just fake numbers and nearly all central bank branches have it printed just fit that purpose. Maybe 3% of cash has gold behind it.

Source? Read "Web of Debt". Thank me later.

Magnificent

I saw a few at my highschool, mainly female desu though. Most jocks I either didn't interacts with or they thought I was "that funny little nerd guy". Also helped that my best friend was basically a dudebro who regularly interacted with those types.

I was in marching band back in the day and they had a room full of hatboxes expressly for the purpose of storing our fancy hats.

/thread

>fixed for every white and conservative town I've ever been to
Can confirm: grew up in a small southern town with a sheriff that looked more like Boss Hogg than Rosco P. Coltrane. The fat fuck spent a good part of most days camped out about a half mile outside town at a locale speed trap where the road wrapped around and the posted limit went from 55 to 25 ... meaning unless you were local and knew to take your foot off the gas as soon as you started the curve (or stomped the breaks the second you saw the sign) you'd more than likely be looking at a ticket for going 10+ miles over the posted limit.

>Horse drawn sleigh
Doesn't snow down here more than once every 5 - 10 years; but there are multiple companies that do horse drawn carriage tours:
charlestoncvb.com/plan-your-trip/tours-attractions~204/carriage-tours~1151/

Enemy foreigners on their own soil speaking heavily-accented English for the benefit of any American spies who might be listening.

It happes, it start with a crak in the wall and the rat munchs the sides to make it larger

Won't that weight 200 kilos?

How the fuck do they attach the petals?

Aluminium Christmas Trees

Smart black people

But that's racist.

Cops generally tend to be parked outside of places that are open at unusual hours of the night because most low effort robbers aren't going to rob a business unless there's actually someone there to rob. Donut shops also sell coffee, so they tend to have extra late hours. It'd be kind of dickish for the cops not to get to eat on a long shift / for the cops to be looming in the parking lot without being customers. So, cops & donuts.

i have one from the 60s, used to be my great-grandmother's.

The real ones have smaller dollar signs on them.

This is what the real ones look like. Either printed with the bank name or the US mint on them. Visually simplified, they're real enough.

A lot of places where the sports are really big the teachers just pass jocks with minimal effort.

>stop being mean to the cool people I admire, they are really emotionally intelligent on facebook your angry nerds.

>Using Earthworms as bait in Fishing
>Chicken eating Earthworms