Spider-Man in the MCU

Can we just talk about the Spider-Man plan?

>>Spider-Man film every 2 years for the foreseeable future.
>>Pete in High School, with entirely rearranged supporting cast.
>>Peter has a fat friend who knows he's Spider-Man who is everything like Ganke, but not Ganke.
>>Iron Man and the Avengers is a huge crutch for the series, with the initial trailer making it seem like Pete is only fighting the Vulture for a spot on the Avengers.
>>Shocker is a group of guys or something? Unclear.
>>Sony then announces a Venom film for next year, which probably means that all ideas for Venom in the MCU are scraped.
>>Spider-Man going to space in Infinity Wars probably won't mean he'll get the Venom suit.

Can we talk about how busted the Spider-Man franchise looks for the MCU? Instead of being a big launching point, it seems like a watered down version of Spider-Man for smooth transitions, and without a presence of Venom, we could probably expect a lot of other things botched (I doubt we'll get a Dark Reign Avengers film).

Why is Sony such shit?

>Iron Man and the Avengers is a huge crutch for the series, with the initial trailer making it seem like Pete is only fighting the Vulture for a spot on the Avengers.

To be fair, Spidey did the very same thing at the start of Amazing, only instead he was trying out fir the Fantastic Four.

I'm wondering if Spider-Man will team up with another hero in each of his future films. Like, what will be SM2's teammup? Captain America? Black Widow? Daredevil?

Yeah, he loved the Human Torch in the Stan Lieber comics from the 60s.

Last I checked, the separate Venom movie was basically just the consolation prize that Sony gave to Avi Arad to get him to stop whining about the MCU deal.

>Shocker is a group of guys
Does this mean we're finally going to get the crossover we've needed for decades?

What bothers me the most is how he's a street level hero but yet he hasn't been mentioned (and probably will never be) in the Netflix shows.

>"You were climbing on the building like... Daredevil."

Seriously, when hasn't Daredevil even done that in the MCU.

If only Marvel TV and Marvel Studios got on good terms.

Marvel Studios and Marvel TV don't get along, and with the latter's lack of quality control it's probably for the best they stay separate.

Sony might just drag the MCU down.

I know this, but it makes the Netflix series look like their characters in a different universe. I can understand why Cap might not show up in Daredevil, but I can't wrap my mind around Spidey be not even mentioned by anyone who loves in Queens or New York.

Does Spider-Man REALLY need a Venom arc to be in the silver screen?

OP, your concern sounds to be primarily about Venom, there are other great Spidey villains out there they can use.

He still is too new. Only Tony Stark seemed to know about Spider-Man. Ross didn't make him sign the accords. Spider-Man is real low-key but after Homecoming I think that may change

I can sort of see his point. Infinity Wars is kind of an ideal time for him to get the symbiote, since we're probably never going to get an MCU version of Secret Wars.

Although they could just do the Colonel Jameson/space reentry origin for it, like they did in the 90s show and Spectacular.

Outiside >>I can sort of see his point. Infinity Wars is kind of an ideal time for him to get the symbiote, since we're probably never going to get an MCU version of Secret Wars.

Venom brings a lot of fun to the table. Outside being a goo monster who can shift and grow, shrink and morph into anything, you can also have the possibility of other symbiotes and even having Avengers get infected. Imagine the Hulk with a symbiote on him for a sequence.

The Symbiotes are such a staple of Marvel that it opens up a lot more potential than Spider-Man in High School does. I mean, I rather have them go all out with symbiotes than the Green Goblin again.

>>Infinity Wars
>>Tony and a bunch of other Avengers are in a spaceship, heading into space.
>>Rustling heard.
>>The heroes turn around
>>Spider-Man falls out of a compartment
>>"What the hell?!"
>>Peter "Oh hey, Mr. Stark! I saw you guys were going to a mission, and thought I'd join you!"
>>"Look kid, this is bigger-"
>>Peter "OH MY GOD! We're in space! That's so incredible!"
>>Peter "OH NO! What am I going to tell Aunt May?! I wasn't planning on this!"

I bet you this is exactly how it will happen in Infinity Wars.

Yeah I could see it. MCU is pretty damn determined to emphasize the chicken shit cock gobbling aspect of their take on Spider-Man. He's gonna be the new Superfriends Aquaman once the MCU is done with him.

Except he ditches the new suit after a squabble with Tony and the last fight has him in the shitty homemade suit because of this

He won't do that. Why do people think he'll d that?

source?

the plot leaked a long time ago

>>Plot leak
Oh please, with so little information coming out about the film, I REALLY doubt that the story leaked.

the suit is coming back bro, and the leak said the finale takes places at the homecoming dance with the shitty suit to prove he doesn't need Stark

>Peter "On his knees to please" Parker
>Doing anything without his pimp

Nah, that ship has sailed.He's Tony's gimp and that's all he'll ever be.

Spelled in the fucking trailer. The conflict wirh Tony will be that he's not giving Peter enough room to grow.

No. It's literally just Peter bitching because he wants to be taken seriously. He's gonna fuck up and learn that he needs to leave things to the adults sometimes. This type of story has been told countless times and that's exactly why Sony/Disney are going to do it.

The bigger question about the MCU is if they're gonna recast Tony and Cap (along with the others)

Aren't they both done contractually after IW part 2?

Is the Venom film confirmed not to take place in the MCU. I know that Marvel Entertainment isn't producig it, but that doesn't mean it won't be at least loosely connected

Spider-Man actually has a pretty big set of good villains and stories, unlike a lot of the other characters in the MCU, so the first point isn't a huge problem.

Can't keep him in highschool forever, the actor is gonna age.

Nothing wrong with having a supporting cast. Ganke's a fun character, even if this guy isn't exactly Ganke.

Iron Man is probably only gonna be in this first one so they can get audiences onboard with another Spider-Man reboot. I'd bet good money on future Spidey movies not having to deal with that.

Shocker looks like he's gonna be like Batroc was in Cap 2 or Crossbones in Cap 3. A villain he can fight at the beginning so the movie can open with an action sequence.

I'll believe the Venom movie when I see it. They've been claiming they're gonna make one for years and it's still never happened.

>Daredevil
Marvel Studios can't even get their movies and TV shows planned out well enough for crossovers within their own parent company, what makes you think they could coordinate with Sony well enough to get a TV character into a movie?

This.
After the ASM movies died, it's important to make sure this re-launch is a success. Crossing the current MCU mascot (Iron Man) with the future MCU mascot (Spidey) is a smart move from a business standpoint.

Also, Sony's been "making a Venom movie" for over a decade now. They literally changed who was making it within hours of making the initial announcement. No way they're getting Venom off the ground without Marvel Studios holding their hand.

As for the other stuff:
>Pete needs Not Ganke because there has to be a character he can talk to who isn't too relevant to the plot but can act as an outlet for the kind of conversations that would normally be handled in thought balloons/yellow boxes in the comics; they added that neighbor kid to Coraline for the same reason
>The stuff with Shocker seems unclear because the movie isn't out yet and the trailer doesn't want to give everything away (which is a refreshing change of pace for the MCU)
>If Sony actually manages to get Venom out by next year, there's no way it doesn't involve Spider-Man in some way (unless the movie is just following the symbiote and it ends with it bonding to Pete)
>There's no way Pete was getting the black suit in Infinity War; with all the characters they've got to cover, "Spidey gets a new suit" isn't going to be a plot point (unless it's a post-credits deal, which I could maybe see happening)

The sheer effort Vincent D'Onofrio is exerting as we speak.
Motherfucker wants Spidey and Daredevil to fight Kingpin on the big screen. If I recall correctly, he's so in-character that his statement said something like "I'd love to squash him like the bug he is" and other supervillain shit while being interviewed about it.

>tony has an ultimate ironman styled suit
my heart

The fans never look at the long term and always focus on what's right in front of them. In all fairness this will be the first avenger who's origin film is carried by the Avengers

Look at it this way; before Civil War, Spidey was basically "The Bat".
No "friendly neighborhood" shit, full-on vigilante incognito. Tony's video of him catching that car came from a traffic cam. Remember, Pete gets the job at the Bugle because he's the only one who can actually get a decent shot of Spider-Man.

Going off of the Homecoming trailer, Spidey is below "The Devil of Hell's Kitchen" in terms of public recognition until the video from the airport fight leaks online.

I might be filling in blanks where there was nothing to begin with, but Homecoming strikes me as a movie about a kid who's both thrust into the public eye and into the "real" superhero game.

>Thanos does the whole "kill 50% of everything everywhere" schtick
>Aunt May disappears
>Pete now has literally no reason to not drop everything and join the Avengers' suicide mission against a space god
>Great power, great responsibility

If anyone's gonna get the goofy "oh and they're here too" bit it's Ant-Man, they played that up in Civil War.

Remember, Spider-Man is all fun and games until he needs to get serious. Then he's fucking scary.

Venom is a cool villain who has yet to be done right on the big screen though. There's also a lot of different directions you could take him, what with Agent Venom and Anti-Venom and all the Lethal Protector stuff.

>Have a Spidey sequel that focuses on him getting the black suit
>Introduces Eddie Brock
>Bring in some minor villains for action beats (maybe even incorporate parts of the Sinister Six/Master Planner, so there's something Brock and Pete can both focus on)
>Pete eventually goes too far, climax is the church sequence
>Takes place entirely in Pete's psyche, this is where we're introduced to MCU Uncle Ben for the first time as he fights the symbiote for Pete's soul
>Pete ditches the costume and swings into the sunset, film ends with it bonding with Eddie Brock
>Next movie is entirely focused on Spidey vs Venom, incorporate stuff like him stalking Pete and intimidating MJ
>Make it a slow burn, play up the paranoia aspect like the 90's cartoon did
>Pete passes Brock on the street, is constantly looking over his shoulder, etc.
>You don't really even get a good look at Venom until the second act
>Climax has him begrudgingly team up with Spidey to fight a freshly-spawned Carnage

You can do Venom well, it just requires studios to have some patience and think things through; Sony is shit out of luck in that department, but Marvel Studios is pretty comfortable with positioning their pieces ahead of time and having it pay off in the long run.