Bone claws are much cooler IMO

Bone claws are much cooler IMO

YOUR OPINION FUCKING SUCKS AND YOUR A (((((((((((((((((JEW)))))))))))))))))

Gavin Hood is a good filmmaker and I like Wolverine: Origins.

This is a stupid post

samefag

BONE CLAW IS READY

ayy

Without metal knives coming out of his fist he loses most of his appeal.

Those bone claws look dull and unable to cut through anything.

They also look like they can snap easily.

He would be more effective holding a knive than using those bone claws

I would have watched a movie about Logan and Victor's experiences through both World Wars. Would be cool.

No

How did coating rounded bone spikes in metal turn them into mini machetes?

It was an interesting choice, but he really isn't a threat to anyone if he can't cut through anything / be indestructible

Bone claws just make him a crunchy punching bag

Obviously they didn't just paint a layer of adamantium on them, they put his claws in a mold of some sort

Idk

Did you watch the movie?

Which one, there's like 6

The one where they put the metal on him, fuckwit.

Even if we assume Wolverine's claws are infinitely hard and sharp, they are visibly NOT infinitely thin, which means they act as wedges and any material they cut must be pushed to the sides.
When he cuts an object firmly secured to the ground, such as a steel vault door, he therefore has to push with enough force to BEND the object away from his claws, otherwise they would have no space to cut deeper. Yet he does this like he's hitting nothing but air, like the vault door is just green-screened in.
How fucking strong is he? More than a normal person for sure, but outside of this physically impossible cutting power, does he have any feats of strength on, say, Spider-Man's level?

Yes.

I think there was a lot of promise in the much weaker bone and low healing factor Wolverine. They went and ruined it with the huge healing buff and the beast mode.

>spiderman's level
No. Wolverine is only a little above captain america.

I don't know much about Wolverine so pre-adamantium if he lost an arm or something would it grow back or heal over? Because I don't see the point of a metal skeleton unless he couldn't regrow limbs.

Heh.

Regrowing a limb would take a long time. If he still had a regular bone skeleton he could be incapacitated comparably easily by just cutting off his limbs and making him immobile. The metal skeleton also protects his organs, and brain.In some continuities its suggested that Wolverine can be killed by critical damage to the brain, and other organs.

>smash Wolverine in the face
>his brain mushes itself against his adamantium skull
???

Doing stuff like that gives Logan a headache and makes him incredibly mad at you

Doing it to say, Laura, who has superior healing but no adamantium skeleton, means she spends a minute or two stunned/disabled while her smooshed head puts itself back together

The skeleton makes Logan incredibly hard to slow down because his organs and limbs are super hard to even damage.

Comic writers came up with this shit not brain surgeons, or physicists. My interpretation of the logic has always been that the metal skeleton gives wolverine more structural integrity, at the expense of a reduced healing factor.

If wolverine didn't have a metal skeleton it'd be very easy for villains to cut him in half, or just crush his entire body. Maybe he could eventually recover from that sort of damage but he'd hardly be an unstoppable killing machine.

Well you're wrong

Rude.

We don't know, but I think Reed somewhere speculated that he's got some turbostronks.
I mean he's got the healing factor and all, but he's still thrown down with the Thing and Hulk.
Plus, being able to move with the skeltal is sort of damn impressive.

Why hasn't someone dropped a bomb on Logan yet or something?

Tricked him into walking though a minefield?

Can he regrow limbs?

>spiderman

Nitro essploded him that one time.

It literally happened while he was chasing Nitro during Civil War.

I swear I remember reading some one-of "what if"/alternate universe comic once where some evil chick strapped him to some kind of spit thing over a bonfire and just fucking burned him for like days and days until he healing factor finally gave out and he died.

Shouldn't his claws be chitin like an actual cat or any other animals claws? I feel like it's stupid that they made it bone. Just sounds more painful than anything.

He survives this, huh?

Yup, in all his glory.

Of course, he was the only one looking into WHY the Stamford Incident happened instead of beating up his friends.

What was the difference between Adamantium Wolverine and Bone claw Wolverine in MvC?

So is the logic that his bones are covered in admantium and therefore able to regenerate his body completely?

Apparently. Something something it all comes from his bone marrow.

How his bones stayed together/his brain didn't cook is beyond me though.

It's been a long time but I think Bone Claw does more damage but takes more in return

Plus they have different specials and assists

ADAMANTIUM!

>So is the logic that his bones are covered in admantium

If his bones are completely covered in metal, does that mean there aren't any holes for blood vessels or capillaries?

Because if that's the case there's no way he could stay alive for any length of time. Bone marrow has to transfer blood cells and such to the rest of the body somehow.

I wish Sup Forums would read comics.

If I wanted to read I'd read an actual book.

If I wanted pretty pictures I'd watch a movie.

I'm sure someone has done bullshit science around that issue, that his bones aren't just coated over with adamantium, they're fused at such a level that they're have the same properties as bones but are also indestructible

Like how they had to explain Cyclops punch beams as a gateway to another dimension, that kind of thing

You don't understand. There was magic involved. Somewhere along the line he fought the angel of death and won, making it possible for his soul to return to his body and triggering the regeneration

So what happens if he loses a leg?

Choppy choppy through a joint, etc. Sever the tendons at the knee, torch cut your way through the cartilage, rip off the rest.

Rick Remender had him being burned alive for years in Uncanny Avengers during the Apocalypse Twins arc. He's released by Thor, I think, and quickly heals enough to start stabbing fools, as I recall.

SNIKTFORCE AINT GOTTA EXPLAIN SHIT

>spends a minute or two stunned/disabled
enough time for raep

Chitin is an arthropod thing. Vertebrates come from an evolutionary line that has lost the capability to make structural chitin.

You're thinking of keratin. However, mammalian claws are only keratin on the outside, and bone on the inside.

Wolverine is tough but not invincible. It's the reason why he doesn't leisurely stroll through every fight that he's in. If he fucks up, it would be very possible for him to be killed.

He has super strong adamantium infused cartilage, and tendons.

Real weapons are cooler. But being lame is what makes Wolverine cool. You heard me.

The same reason he doesn't have natural channels for his claws.

Because.

I actually remember when it was revealed that he had bone claws, and I'm still not really a fan of it. Prior to that it was assumed that pre-adamantium his only mutation was the healing factor, so it somewhat added to the tragedy of the weapon X program that someone whose powers were 100% defensive became an ultimate killing machine.

I disagree OP. Wolverine's backstory takes an honestly pretty boring super hero(bone claw man) and adds just a little bit of spice. His powers are a combination of natural ability, and shady government experiment gone wrong. It also introduces interesting drawbacks. In exchange for the structural durability of a metal skeleton wolverine has a weakened healing factor, chronic blood poisoning, and a disproportionately high weight. He's also completely vulnerable to the xmen's main enemy, magneto

The bone claws were part of the ruining of the character. They had Magneto pull the adamantium out of him at one point, which was a cool thing to do and made sense. However, then they had Wolverine going around without adamantium, and no one wants to read a Wolvie comic without SNIKTing, so bam, bone claws. They tell us now he always had them. But part of what made the character great was that he was made into this living weapon by scientists experimenting on him. That classic scene of the claws bursting out of his flesh for the first time while he's in the Weapon X tank. That was the iconic Wolverine scene for me and it's ruined now because he always had the claws now, they just bonded metal to them. Big deal.

Yeah having the metal claws be added as part of the experiment is way better

But den how he gun move da claws out his body if he aint got no dem muscles?

CyBeRnEtIcS, as per the original idea.
I don't mind the bone claws, but it's a lot sadder/more depressing if he was "mutated" by these mad scientists.

Like Basilisk in Age of X. That's some fucked shit.

Why doesn't his body reject the cybernetics like it does things like bullets?

At least in the case of his skeleton/bone claws you can argue his body "knows" the bones are inside the adamantium so they don't try to force the adamantium out of his body and regrow the bones.

When you think about Logan's life hardly changed after weapon x. Sure he lost his memory, but up until that point he had spent the majority of his life as a violent nomad, slicing people up with his claws whenever need be. Without the bone claws he could have just been an extremely robust, but otherwise normal member of a community, or a traveling hero, that saved people with his durability instead of killing people with his claws.

Shit, I dunno.
Mental conditioning?

The 1980's issues of Handbook of the Marvel Universe had Wolverine explained with the claws having spring loaded housings, as previously mentioned, with a cut-away illustration of his forearm depicting how they were retracted.

I recall when Magneto ripped the Adamantium out and the bone claws arrived, and the authors getting a flood of "I want to claim my No-Prize because" mails over it. The fans knew what was up, inclusive of the old timers that recalled Logan EXPLAINING to Banshee that they were mechanical in an X-men issue where they were all in nullifying restraints, thus the shorty being able to bust out and free them.

the spring loaded housings were anchored within the pair of forearm bones. As the housings were adamantium and the bones were laced with the substance, the only choice his immune system would have is to try to divest itself of the entire forearm, and that ain't happening.

>The fans knew what was up, inclusive of the old timers that recalled Logan EXPLAINING to Banshee that they were mechanical in an X-men issue where they were all in nullifying restraints, thus the shorty being able to bust out and free them.

Wolverine doesn't know shit about his past and it's not like power nullifiers can stop his muscles from working. If you put Angel in a power nullifying restraint would his wings stop existing? That bit was added just to establish that they weren't in the gloves like originally planned.

How did they make the housings if adamantium can't be damaged after it cools? Any thing that moves needs to be made of more than one part so how did they create them? How did they make the springs? How did they attach them to his bones?

>spiderman
I don't think you know what you're getting into here.

>Did you watch the movie?

I think that happens in like 3 of the movies so you're gonna have to be more specific

Literally happens in World War Hulk.

Origins: Wolverine.

>expecting me to remember anything from that garbage fire except for the cool opening and Barakapool