I'm two episodes into Mad Men and I genuinely don't understand the hype

I'm two episodes into Mad Men and I genuinely don't understand the hype.

> Don started off as a cool and reasonable guy in the first episode but just acted like a dick all through the second.
>Why are the young execs so fucking horny?
> They're being really in your face with the whole "look how terrible things were for women before feminism" message.
>Why did Peggy sleep with Pete when he's a weasely beta who has been nothing but a dick to her?

I know this is supposed to be one of the greats but it's not doing it for me so far.

Am I a pleb, Sup Forums ? Should I carry on?

with life? no

>> Don started off as a cool and reasonable guy in the first episode but just acted like a dick all through the second.
The entire show is like this. Still, I think it's worth a watch.

best show ever made kys asap thanks

just started watching this show aswell and i'm curious, are there any joan episodes?

I'm two inches deep into your mother and I genuinely don't understand the hype.

It's simple. People want to put their penises in that little girl.

>Am I a pleb, Sup Forums ? Should I carry on?
Yes and yes
now you have a chance of not being a pleb by watching the whole and appreciating the best writting actual golden age tv had to offer
of course you'll probably think nothing happens and go back to walking dead or got

Carry on faggot.
Also notice how the pilot episode sets look different. It's a pilot it was made before the actual show.

> They're being really in your face with the whole "look how terrible things were for women before feminism" message.

I agree this was bad in the pilot but it's really pulled back as it goes along

>implying you wouldn't

are you a woman or something

>Don started off as a cool and reasonable guy in the first episode but just acted like a dick all through the second.
These characters are deep.

You hear of a guy named Weinstein?

>They're being really in your face with the whole "look how terrible things were for women before feminism" message.
It does take a season or two for the show to get over this, but it does eventually stop being in your face.

>Why did Peggy sleep with Pete when he's a weasely beta who has been nothing but a dick to her?
These characters are deep.

>my fake retard theory of mind and idiot retard fake theory of socializing doesn’t add up
>hurr why are my bosses so horny?
>they don’t actually chase tail like that right? *wiggles nose and wags tail, barks like a good boy*
>awe i thought the men were good guys, they’re not dicks er i mena alpha er i mean they’re not compensating secret betas right? im an alpha chad i would jnow
>idgi men with power are nice and honorable, women are always submissive and loyal
>the jews didn’t ruin us yet
its almost as if picking up a constructed world view from schizo psychopaths on reddit and Sup Forums will make you stupid and incapable of thinking for yourself

It's literally just Office Gossip: The Show
a soap opera for "men"

Jesus Christ dude I only asked.

Also how is not liking an extremely well loved and highly praised tv show not thinking for myself?

We're approaching strawman levels that shouldn't even be possible.

If you binge it, you'll hate it. Watch one episode a day.

I binged the entire show in like a month and I was fine.

Her movie in lifetime is Kino.

2deep4u

honest question. how old are you? Mad Men may require a modicum of maturity and real world experience to fully appreciate the dynamics involved in the dramaturgy. Especially, as the seasons delve into emotional instability, job security, and the rise of feminism, among other things. I say stick with the show and see if you can appreciate what's going on, why the young execs are horny, why Don is a dick, why Peggy sleeps with Pete, etc. If you are an adult and have a job, also try to see if these same behaviors are being perpetrated in your office/place of employment. If you're not, then maybe wait a couple of years and watch the show then.

>honest question. how old are you?
I'm willing to guess his age starts with a 1.

Well, if that's the case, kudos to OP for at least attempting to watch an exceptional show, even if he does not have the tools or experience yet to appreciate it.

It took me two tries to get into it but the 2nd time it became one of my favorite shows of all time.

reducing a show to a quip is forever a folly. Examples:

>Hamlet is just teen angst.
>Macbeth is about a manipulative bitch.
>Deadwood is a cowboy show.
>The West Wing is DC Gossip.
>The Wire is just about drug dealing.

point taken?

>second episode
>"dude this show sucks lmoa"
Fucking kill yourself PLEASE

The show is essentially an attack on 60's America especially in the early seasons, it does the very typical Hollywood thing where they take a positive cultural memory like the 60's nuclear family or in other cases small town America, cowboys, Christmas etc. and invert it, what makes it great are the characters