twitter.com/AnonBabble

Subbed
/thread

Always original language with subs.
Dubs are always fucking awful. Period.

cheg em

>not watching every movie in it's original language presented as intended
Only dumbass clappers need dubs.

it depends, really. I'm talking for my own country but here in Mexico the big releases usually have good, well acted dubbing and low tier movies and shows have shitty voices with limited and and experience, I would rather watch that subbed. For example American Made had the usual guy that dubs Tom Cruise but all the other characters sounded like soap opera people.

>any dubbing
>good

Kids' movies are the exception obviously.

dub keno iz god

Why not both? For shit I like I usually end up watching both anyway, unless the dub is actually horrendous (not the "bad" that Sup Forums and other anime normies complain about, where it isn't actually bad - they are just being turboweebs).

Dubs.

subbed unless it's studio ghibli, in which case dubbed

If it's anime trash or something just use dubs. For actual films, subs.

You should always go Subs. The only exception are Jackie Chan movies or older kung fu flicks because they add to the charm.

>He doesn't learn a new language for the sole purpose of watching kino

This is the only answer.

You have to be a literal brainlet to prefer dubbing for films.
Actors prepare for months and months to fully understand and deliver their lines properly with the right inflection, the director fine tunes it, maybe even rerecords some parts if the director is not entirely satisfied in post, while your average "dubbing" guy reads the lines on the same day he records them.

You have to be a literal soyboy to want to listen to words you don't understand and reading instead of someone talking in a language you actually know and actually getting a chance to watch the film.

Dub first and if I Love it I go sub. If I REALLY love it I go for the manga. Don't watch much anime so it's not a system I use frequently.

A simple sentence like "I don't know" can mean a thousand different things depending on how it's sai, you have to be an IMMENSE plot driven mental midget to think that only the meaning of the word is what matters, not the emotion. the inflection and the overall delivery behind it.

how it's said*

That's really nice, too bad I'd have no idea what they're saying anyway so all that's lost on me regardless.

you can tell a lot only by the way it's said and acted unless you have autism

That's why there are subtitles you absolute moron

Dub with chinese cartoons, sub with real movies. It's too distracting watching actors mouth moving with different words coming out.

>ever watching shitty flicks made by third worlders
lmaoing at your existence

Dubs should be outlawed.

Depends on the quality of the dub but more importantly depends whether its a visual movie or not

I dont really care spending half my time reading text if its a drama but i prefer to use my ears if its a delight on the eyes.
I hate watching Ghibli movies subbed for instance, just feels like you miss some of the magic
>inb4 hur dur read faster brainlet

It depends on the translators and the voice talent.
I'm Hungarian, and dubbed South Park and The Simpsons have ruined me for the original.

South Park characters don't sound like each other, and the shitty, one-dimensional English cursing got replaced with varied Hungarian ones.

Homer actually sounds like a lovable dolt, and not like a Down syndrome man who's screaming over a dick jammed in his mouth.

I know I actually lose out on a fair bit of comedy, and I watch everything else in the original, but these are just terrible.

Du bist nen großer junge.

Dubs should only exist for cartoons and kiddyshit. For anything else, subs only.

Check out these dubs

Subs, and if I like it also dubs to see it in a different way and see the cultural differences in languages

Dubbed anime for Samurai Champloo, Trigun and Cowboy Bebop. Subbed for all other anime

Dubbed movies for Jackie Chan kino, subbed for all others.

It depends. Films with Latin-based languages are better subbed because their sentence structure is the same as in English, so even though you can't understand the words, you can hear the emotions when you read the subtitles. The subtitles and the tone of someone's voice line up.

But Japanese? It's so different that even if you're reading along, you get nothing out of what's being said. It's just gibberish. A good Japenese dub is better than a sub.

>tfw being in Spain and EVERY SINGLE THEATER shows dubbed movies

I'm pretty sure you have some local or atleast those indie theatres which show the original and when you say "every single theater" you are only talking about those atrocious mall theaters.
You all have to collectively stop giving money to all of those theaters that show exclusively dubs and they will change accordingly.

Anime dubbers are typically the worst VAs imaginable though, so its not like they don't have a point. Sometimes I flick between dub and subs on an anime show to test if its safe to watch the dub and 90% of the time the dubbing VA's aren't even on an amateur level of acting ability.

>/threading your own post

>[Post a Reply]
>[Return] [Catalog] [Top]
>40 / 9 / 35 / 3
>[Update] [Auto] 1 new post

I watch movies that are originally in my own language with overdubs and subtitles to culturally enrich myself.

Subs for live action, dub for animated

what?

dubs

Dub can be really good sometimes and I watch a lot of international tv shows in dub (not English dub of course because it's emotionless), but I do prefer sub.

No good dub has ever existed or will ever exist.

In my region, it does and actually can be better than the original.

'no'

sub if youre sitting down watching something good.
dub if your just gonna listen to it to get through it while doing something else

dub for animation unless its awful/the original is especially good, always subs for live action

objectively false

'Yes', not every dub as bad as English dub.

"no"

>

Depends on what I'm watching. If it's a dumb action anime that I don't actually care about like Naruto or attack on titan I'll go with dub and just put it on in the background.

Anything else? Sub.

>gets in your way
not so fast boyo

Animation is slightly different, there is a decent amount with good dubs. I don't think anyone is going to pretend stuff like Disney or Pixar movies have bad dubs.
Cowboy Bebop I have to disagree with you though, the only reason people like it so much is the sheer nostalgia from seeing it on Toonami when they were young.

>there are people on this board who don't think dubs are inherently shit
>there are people on this board who think you should discuss anime on Sup Forums

'''Yes'''

>There's are people in this thread who aren't muricans and their dub industry is actually good
Oh no

Dubbed in an alien language you don't understand m.youtube.com/watch?v=8rV9rCCqcAo

I don't watch movies but fuck you faggots for uploading subbed versions of shit like jackie chan or some obscure horror. No one fucking cares.

>picking dubs over the original language

>implying i'm even from an english speaking country
dubs are shit
you have the option to watch just about everything with subtitles, why would you willingly rape whatever you want to watch with a dub?

Perhaps I'm just oblivious, but I feel like you don't often see dubbed versions of non-English language films these days.

I know this podcast art

The world's only movie podcast.

there's no need to choose, you can turn the subtitles on regardless of if it's dubbed or not. I always have both on. You guys are seriously -100 intellect compared to me.

Doesn't really matter for cartoons, but as far as live action goes, yeah, subtitles only because seeing the lips out of sync is really unwatchable.