WB Insider

>In grand scheme of things luckily Justice League underperforming does not really matter to us
>This year was the first year in the HISTORY of WB that we made $2 Billion Dollars at the Domestic Box Office.
>As of right now, we are sitting at 20% of the market share, which in a year where everybody is having a bad year is ver very good.
>The numbers are a bit skewered though, as we have released 17 movies this year. But there have been some massively successful movies this year for us to make up for the loss.
>WB has sold more than 20 Million individual tickets more than Disney this year.
>I heard that Disney is shitting themselves regarding Star Wars: Last Jedi Numbers not looking good. Estimated at less than 1 billion.

> The new Batman film will be called Batman: The Caped Crusdaer

Cringe larp

lol its all the same club. There is no Jewish owned Hollywood company competing against another Jewish owned Hollywood company.

this desu, disney fears nothing

This is lame but I could honestly see Last Jedi not doing as well as TFA.

>he thinks SW sequel won't put the mouse at the top by the end of the year

This

The prequels, TFA and Rogue 1 proved you could slap a Star Wars logo on anything and people will see it in droves.

Didn't Rogue 1 make half of TFA

>Cost only slightly less than TFA
>Made exactly half in the box office
I dunno I'd be shitting myself if I were Disney. Maybe SW isn't as sure fire as they thought

Strange, the people i know in the industry are telling a different story. The warner merger looking to be blocked has fucked their huge monetary buffer to absorb losses, and their current court case is looking likely to lose them over 300 million. But I'm guessing a larping faggot who starts his thread with a wb vs mouse image is a far more accurate source of info.

Avatar 2 will come out opposite Episode XIV and beat it

>Cost only slightly less than TFA
When you factor in the cost of reshoots R1 was probably more expensive.

Thanks OP, yeah Justice League bombed but it was such a tiny problem in the grand scheme of things, it might even break even but WB had a boffo year in movies.

Wonder Woman 6.5/10 massive hit
Lego Batman 8/10 nice hit
Dunkirk 10/10 massive hit
IT 9/10 most profitable
Annabelle: Creation 5/10 but my own horror bias nice hit
Blade Runner 2049 masterpiece small hit
Kong: Skull Island 566M on 180 budget ok
Geostorm: huge bomb
Going In Style: lowkey hit
King Arthur: made money in the end and frontrunner for Best Score Oscar
The Disaster Artist 9/10 borderline masterpiece

It was a really good year.

Disney had a much worse year for quality but still cleaned house box office not gonna lie

Star Wars-shit
BotB-shit
Pirates-shit
Cars 3-shit
Olaf's Frozen Shit
Lou- Literally What?

Marvel has to save them every year.

Thor: 8/10 big hit
Spiderman: Total Crap made money
GotG2: 8/10 big hit

WB made more important movies than Disney Pixar AND Marvel combined in 2017.

Spinoff though. And TFA overperformed, much like the first Star Wars did back in 77. TLJ and Episode IX ain't going to gross past $2 billion each but neither of them will be considered failures.

Good rundown, thanks

>Spinoff though
A spinoff with the budget of a main entry tho

>sent from my iphone

Just saying, when you buy the rights of a property for $4B, spend $300m+ in production, then god knows what on reshoots and marketing, I'd say it's pretty alarming when the second film in your big franchise comeback makes half of what the first did.

Baring in mind the takings from the box office working out at around 45-50% of the worldwide, yeah I'd be shitting myself. They'll recoup it in merchandising easy, but it's not the point.

Yep. Fewer Disney movies coming out because they truly cannot make a movie anymore. Marvel has to save them, but they are running out of time after Infinity War part 2. And if Star Wars The Last Jedi really does shit the bed, it's over for that universe unless they do make an Obi movie. Because good luck trying to hype up a Han Solo movie after TLJ.

I'll give them money again once they make Tron 3. That's all I need.

Is it true WB's stock is about to plummet due to the AT&T merger being blocked?