/film/

Thread for those of us who've been watching cinema seriously for 5+ years and have advanced past capeshit, mainstream movies and the same old flicks.

Don't be offended, this is not meant to be pretentious, its just some of us have moved past IMDb-core, indie flicks and the latest hyped blockbuster and have more developed tastes. Do not troll or derail the thread with off-topic discussion.

>What good films have you been enjoying lately?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6ZfuNTqbHE8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i watched youth yesterday and really enjoyed it. looking forward to watching the rest of sorrentinos work

Saw Picnic at Hanging Rock recently and absolutely loved it. What are other films with that kind of atmosphere?

Disgusting.

try The Vanishing

sup aeltbx

KINO
I
N
O

2001 is one of the grimmest films I have ever seen in my life...I think that Kubrick is someone who is too intelligent, too cynical, too pessimistic about man, or about men rather, and I think that as it turns out, 2001 is a disaster because it is much too abstract to make its abstract points.

The uncompromising slowness of the movie makes it hard to sit through without talking -- and people on all sides when I saw it were talking almost throughout the film. Very annoying. With all its attention to detail, a kind of reveling in its own I.Q., the movie acknowledged no obligation to validate its conclusion for those, me for example, who are not science-fiction buffs. By the end, three unreconciled plot lines -- the slab, Dullea's aging, the period bedroom -- are simply left there like a Rorschach, with murky implications of theology

thank you Nicolas God Refn for save cinema again

The issue is simply that, on this occasion, Mr. Kubrick was unable to translate his ideas into adequate patterns of expression, and that’s all there is to it. It doesn’t mean that it would have been a better film if everybody on the Metro lot had been able to give his opinion of what was going on and suggest improvements and so forth. It think it would have been a much bigger mess than it turned out to be.

>Miles Teller

I highly recomend "Gueros" opera prima of Alfonso Ruizpalacios. Won berlinale.

Get this man a sheet?

?

oh what a lonely boy
oh what a lonely boy
oh what a lonely boy
oh what a lonely boy

Watched Nosferatu for third time and then Nosferatu with Kalat's commentary. Now I know that the main force behind the film wasn't Murnau but a crazy occultist Albin Grau.

>Do not troll or derail the thread with off-topic discussion.

For me, it's Villeneuve. The greatest director alive.

>some of us have moved past IMDb-core

I need poverty kino

In Vanda's Room

Ratcatcher
Gummo
Lost River

/advanced/*

for what?

heaven knows what

i want eh's boipusy

>this is not meant to be pretentious
Go back to fucking tumblir where you belong

Do we have better taste?

can confirm, poverty and miscellaneous miserabilia guaranteed

Thoughts on Close Up? I loved it .

then why don't you marry it

Why do people criticize Flaherty for the qualities Kiarostami is praised for?

not legal to marry with a movie