Now that the dust has settled, rate Girlbusters (2016)

Now that the dust has settled, rate Girlbusters (2016)

10/10

For what it's supposed to be, a comedy, it is ultimately a failure. I don't know if that's necessarily the fault of the film, or the style of comedy that is prevalent in a lot of American comedies, particularly in the last 15 years or so. That improv a scene 40 times and cut together the supposed "best bits" thing.

literal 3/10

>Mike Hat.
10/10

I still refuse to see it

How can we rate something we've never seen?

Amy Pascal and Paul Feig. The movie was going to be a turd no matter what, but Feig was never the right guy for the job because apparently sci-fi just isn't his thing. Pascal insisted, though, and now he's been trying to save face for over a year because he was put in a situation he was unfamiliar with.

Didn't watch lol.

Didn't watch, but accordingly to RLM I wouldn't have liked it.

Never watched it, never will. Still rated it 0 on imdb.

2/10
It's inferior to the original in pretty much every capacity. I have no nostalgia for the original, either, I didn't see it until I was 26.

>All the man-babies ITT

You guys can go get your virginity out of the lost and found.

Never saw it, no interest, it looked like shit.

why they thought the guy that makes predominately comedies would be the best choose who knows maybe they just thought people would really love the girl team

nu-Sup Forums doesn't actually watch shows or movies
They roll out of bed onto their computer chairs and sit in relative silence for 16 hours trying to make other people as miserable as themselves while being in complete denial of this

4/10

Mostly just hollywood schlock. Kinda funny at times, neat effects, but drags at times and doesn't always click.

>Making fun of an admirable virtue like virginity

Roastie detected. Enjoy your herpes, AIDS and HPV you cheap disgusting slut!

4/10

>implying I don't just stay in bed with my laptop all day

>4/10

James was right, and as a result, uncucked himself

>a comedy that isn't funny
I think I smiled once, when Leslie Sheboon had the line about the room full of nightmares.

Yeah my bad. Also not total silence, usually put on some old O&A broadcasts to friend simulate to.

I only saw it in a stream with other fa/tv/irgins.

0/100

You do know he saw the movie and said he found it ''funny''

3/10.
That's being really generous.
I've only ever turned off 2 films, EVER... Ghostbusters (2016) was one of them... and I was drunk, and I can tolerate anything drunk.
It was fucking bad.

>David Sims of The Atlantic, in noting Rolfe's lack of criticism towards the film's cast, wrote that he "dance[d] around the simple fact that has set this innocuous-seeming movie apart from its fellow blockbusters this summer—that it’s a tentpole genre film starring women".
What's he trying to say here?

That James said nothing wrong, but he was THINKING wrong.

What did the media mean by this?

I rate things without watching them. it saves a lot of time for movies I'm not sure about to read the synposis on a few pages, compare versions/releases. i'm educated but not an expert which is a good place to be for movies, there's literally thousands of them

3/10

If I want to watch Bridesmaids, I'd be watching Bridesmaids instead of this

>Save face for over a year

Isn't he still trying to do that now and deflect blame for the controversies he and the movie caused?

Certified fresh
:)

Feig was part of the problem, if i remember the details from the leaks correctly, he insisted to be the one behind ghostbusters.
He wanted to be the wrong man behind the wrong job.

if TMNT III isn't your favorite Cinemassacre movie review you don't know shit about crap

It's not my favorite Cinemassacre review.

0/10
It's such an insult to the original film that I still hate it just as much as when I first saw it.

That's the joke, it means that they lost it. As Plinkett said, they can't even ad lib quips right.

That was so weird how they all decided to dog pile on him for not wanting to see a movie he had no interest in. Talk about getting mad over something so innocuous.

if they had the writers of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt it would have been a contested sequel instead of an abortion and I wouldn't mind that. absurd humor isn't dry humor, you don't have a god damn...that guy I don't like from groundhog day, but it would be better than telegraphing jokes

that's most of this website

If it wasn't written and marketed around "muh female power", it would have probably been decent. But they were so hellbent on making a political statement, that they didn't focus on the storytelling at all.

Why this movie, of all things, as their hill to die on?

Complete and utter failure. Not funny. Not exciting. Not scary.

1 out of 10.

turns out it's easier to shame people into not expressing their opinion than it is to shame them into actively giving them your money

I actually voted for Trump because of this.

absolute trash anyone involved in making this should be ashamed

nice zeroez

trips mofugga

That almost everyone thought James was being an autistic faggot for making such a big deal about reviewing a reboot?

/thread

>I rate things without watching them. it saves a lot of time for movies I'm not sure about to read the synposis on a few pages
Sup Forums posters in a nutshell, folks...

He made three episodes of AVGN about Ghostbusters, he's talked about the movie and cartoon in many videos. His fans were expecting a review, so he made a simple video to tell them not to expect one because he's not going to see the movie.

How many of those """""journalists""""" even heard of James before their Jew bosses told them to write a smarmy hit-piece?

>da JOOOS! REEE!
>every one of these is a "journalist"
Uh huh.

>makes one video clamly explaining to his fans why he won't review the movie
>media makes a shit ton of hit pieces on him, trying to paint him as some kind of horrible mysognist
Sure, James was the one making a big deal out of it.

That's literally not how the video went or why people were criticizing James.

But that literally is how the video went.

>things I don't like are hitpieces
>every valid criticism of him is just a slander job to make him out to be some mysognist boogeywoogey
Keep pushing that narrative that anyone who says wrongthink you don't like, is part of a hit job on some minor e-celeb most people over 25 have never fucking heard about.

Except there are no valid criticisms of his video, you faggot.

His reasons for not reviewing it were preachy and just ovrall a tad autistic.

>valid criticism
by all means name examples my man otherwise here is a (you)

>The movie looks bad so I won't see it.
>preachy and autistic

Well that is just plain retarded

They were criticizing him because he made a video explaining to his fans "I am not doing a review, please stop asking, I know the movie is coming out but I'm not interested". He'd have reviewed it if it was an actual sequel. The dude watched 50+ shark movies and made reviews on them

>avgn is making a series of videos on Ghostbusters
>fans ask him if he's going to do a video on the new ghostbusters movie
>avgn *does* make a video, where he explains why he's not going to see it and not going to properly review it
>internet media goes apeshit and publishes several articles about what a horrible person avgn is
>twitter gets involved too
>avgn doesn't care
I don't think he was the one making a big deal out of it. And hell, he did make a video! That's the one thing a lot of people don't seem to realize. It just wasn't the video they wanted him to make, I guess? So they got angry. Now that's called autism.

I wanted to make them suffer.

not even worth a torrent

It's fine. It's not great, its not the worst thing ever.

I'd rather watch it than have Hackroyd "Nothing But Trouble" up Ghostbusters.

I don't know how you can deny something so blatantly obvious and in your face, but here we are.
> hit job on some minor e-celeb most people over 25 have never fucking heard about
So if no one has heard about him, why did they write so many articles about that one video that wasn't offensive in anyway? Why make a huge deal out of nothing? Please explain this to me.

So a handful of literal who blogs writing some dumb piece on him, is evidence of a large Jew conspiracy to take James fucking Rolfe down? You hear yourself?

Sorry that I expressed wrongthink.

you saw what a woman did as head of Sony

now imagine a woman as President of the country

Scary isn't it?

>patton oswalt took the time out of his day to never watch AVGN but heard a rumor on twitter that some guy wasn't going to see ghostbusters
>unironically called him names
I'm sure James would have nothing but nice things to say about Oswalt if they met, Mike protects him from criticism, intercepts and filters all his messages. if only James knew what a fucking asshole Patton is

>there exist no possible way anyone could have a differing opinion than me

You didn't express anything resembling "think"

Well, they could if they're stupid.

>goes apeshit
>several

I didn't say a single thing about a Jewish conspiracy. I'm just talking about shitty disingenuous journalists crapping on somebody who didn't deserve it. Christ, you just assumed that because we're posting on Sup Forums, didn't you? This place is fucking with your head.

bait, but there are women who unironically say this irl

I have no particular attachment to the original Ghostbusters even though I watched it as a kid, couldn't give less of a shit about the whole controversy surrounding the remake and I found the new movie to be acceptable, probably not something I'd watch again but nothing earth-shatteringly bad like many seem to think
It was a resounding "Eh, whatever" for me

What is the problem?

It just happened to be a reboot they shilled hard, millions of dollars wasted, and tried to spin it into a movement instead of entertainment. "See? Girls can do ANYTHING men can, except come up with their own original intellectual property"

this is why woman can't into comedy, it just doesn't click in their brain, all of my gf's couldn't even muster 30% of the humor male friends would spew day in day out

to a degree woman are autistic, maybe more mature early on in life but definitly more autistic.

Because you legit mentioned Jews here

>imagine actually living like this, with these ideas floating around your skull

STOP TALKING/10

I can. If chicks could into anything as well as men they'd be equals or better. There's a reason they've been lesser in all societies throughout time

Lol wew, lad.

So good there won't be a sequel/franchise

That's not even my post. These are my posts.
You have at least three different people replying to you. You just assumed it was all one person?

I assumed it was one really pissed off AVGN fan, yes.

I love these responses that aren't refuting anything that guy says

>New York times
>literal who

Why am I responding to a retarded troll?

If you honestly believe I need to "refute" that, you're legitimately retarded.

Carlos Slim's blog?

>he's still doing it