GHOST RIDER #6 Cancelled, Series Future in Doubt; THUNDERBOLTS On Hiatus

newsarama.com/33644-ghost-rider-cancelled.html
>Corroborating the assumption that lack of a solicited seventh issue in May 2017 was a sign of cancellation, Marvel Comics has informed retailers that April’s solicited Ghost Rider #6 is cancelled and will not be resolicited. This would appear as further evidence that series had ended, at least for the foreseeable future.

>Marvel has not yet responded to requests for confirmation.

>Ghost Rider wasn't the only title missing from May 2017's solicitations; Black Panther: World of Wakanda, Silver Surfer, Silk, Great Lakes Avengers, Thunderbolts, Gamora, and Deadpool & The Mercs for Money were also absent. Thunderbolts writer Jim Zub has said that the series is on hiatus during the Secret Empire event, with Marvel planning to resume the series later in 2017.

Press F to pay respects.

Well this is what happens when you CRAM 3 OTHER FUCKING CHARACTERS INTO A SOLO BOOK FOR THE SAKE OF ADVERTISING AND GIVE THE MAIN CHARACTER NEXT TO NO PANEL TIME. I think Robbie is a prime example of how utterly incompetent current Marvel is: that they do not know a good thing when they see it, and are more interested in crossover/event nonsense than fleshing out a narrative

F and bump.

I just wonder how the trade is going to work out. Wasn't that solicited with six issues?

>Not just rebranding it as #1 and calling "Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider" a miniseries.
Someone wants to bury Robbie.

>give Robbie a book
>give him no screentime
>make the book about Cho, Silk, and X-23
Thanks, assholes.

It doesn't matter. It's not like they're going to give best Ghost Rider a book now.

Robbie didn't deserve this

Robbie has to be a prime example of Marvel incompetence.

>Hey guys we changed a charcter with a token minority.

>Its isnt ham handed.

>It doesn't kill off the old guy in hopes to boost numbers, he is still out there tearing it up.

>Lets kill that fucking book and promote the book were a feminist calls all the long time fans misogynist.

>Robbie gets canceledAm
>They go balls deep with erica Chavez still

I guess they were okay with canceling Robbie since they'd still have a technical Lantinx with an ongoing.

Doesn't she fill, like, THREE minority quotas? Woman, latina, lesbian?

I'm only sad that i won't be seeing domino for a while

I think it's much more than that. There's just a big signal to noise ratio with Marvel's Comics Line up and a reduction in product line wouldn't hurt. Some comics don't need stand alone titles, wrap some stuff up in some 2-in-1's and save the space.

F.

But that's what you get when you side-line the title character in his own book.

>Thunderbolts writer Jim Zub has said that the series is on hiatus during the Secret Empire event, with Marvel planning to resume the series later in 2017

Only worthwhile if they put a new creative team on the book. Malin and Zub both need to go.

People bitch about the focus of the book, and I agree that it was off, but I understand the possible reasoning from Marlel's perspective. Ghost Rider, and I say this as a fan, has very rarely been compelling because of the story. Ghost Rider is cool because of flames, chains, and wheels. You've gotta limit the spirit's screen time if only to prevent the best part of the book from becoming stale. Smith and editorial maybe went too far the other way, but only because this was launched as a new volume. This would be a perfectly acceptable issue 15-19 arc.

What really hurt the property was the poor transition from Tradd Moore. It's a real shame cause I've really enjoyed Danilo Beyruth's art.

What happened was Robbie got a popularity spike thanks to Agents of Shield and Marvel saw a title that new readers might gravitate towards. But instead of further fleshing out Robbie, the instead decided to advertise their other characters that werent gaining the same traction "You like Ghost Rider? Then you'll love these guys!". Its a damn shame considering the amount of potential Robbie has and the material they havent even covered yet

Fuck me, man, Robbie is a better Peter Parker than Miles and Marvel deided to dick him.

F

Fuck, I actually liked Robbie.

So, full solicitation out tonight then?

I fucking forgot is it DC or Marvel today?

DC, Marvel tomorrow

There is still 2 issues of Mercs to go but honestly it's all tied up in Deadpool's divorce event.

Robbie didn't deserve this.