What did they say in the French dub?

What did they say in the French dub?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x2a83eq_le-laboratoire-de-dexter-saison-1-episode-27-l-omelette-au-fromage_fun
youtube.com/watch?v=yGqxb3vLL1A
youtube.com/watch?v=_54h0l_4u8w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

this episode is banned in france

Grilled Cheese Sandwich

He still says "Omelette du fromage" and the episode makes no sense whatsoever because they didn't translate the joke.

Huevos con queso

But "Omelette du fromage" is grammatically wrong.

fuck, I spit water out reading this. being a dominican made me fuck up my keyboard

Balls with cheese?

op est um pédé

Ceci.

I wonder why they didn't do this? in spain the Ben 10 omniverse episode, Los Santos Ben speaks in french instead of spanish

C'est la vie

I always wonder what dubbers do when a character in the show speaks the native language of the dub as a joke or when it's a plot device.

Most countries have 3 or 4 go-to replacement languages for times like that. In America it's French, German, and Spanish, depending on which is the least weird in context (although sometimes they get creative and use something like Swedish). Japan uses English, Chinese, and occasionally Korean.

I do know that in France, Pepe Le Pew is Italian

In Germany thy just give them one of our dialects.

Since the German stereotype is basically just what the Germans think of Bavaria anyway, they are usually giving the Bavarian dialect.

Or, in teh case of the German kid from the Simpsons, Swiss.

I really hate it when anime/manga/LN translators do that. It never works well and you can tell they struggled to find a way to do it before settling on something that doesn't fit. Just use a damn TL note, this is one of the few times when it works. Even worse when half the time they throw one in to explain what they did decide to translate it to or comment on how it's not the best translation.

I know that in the Spanish dub Of Foster's Home For Imaginary friends, Eduardo is British.

In Mexico they simply go for english. Eduardo has a stereotypical US accent and inserts english words in his speech.

A better example of this is Dora the Explorer - the show is used to teach spanish to english speakers, whereas in Latin America it does the exact opposite.

Oh, except for Bumble Bee man in The Simpsons. None of his scenes EVER work because he speaks in spanish like everyone else.

Except for that one time he spoke french, which sucked.

He speaks in a classic chilango accent

And people seem to think chilango accent equals comedy

Omelette Au Fromage

Same with Lady Rainicorn. Do they translate Lady's speaking to English in Korea? I feel like they would need to so episode plots make sense.

Found it; dailymotion.com/video/x2a83eq_le-laboratoire-de-dexter-saison-1-episode-27-l-omelette-au-fromage_fun

This guy was right.

It makes 0 sense.

Specially as he is saying he doesn't have time to study french, as he speaks perfect french.

Except that he actually says "au" .

You mean latino. Why are Dominicans one of the top worst hispanics.

What was his password in French? It was Star Wars in English.

Literally Omelette au Fromage instead of saying something else, French translations weren't great

dark vador

youtube.com/watch?v=yGqxb3vLL1A
did this get a french translation?

>Frenching with Freakazoid

Pffff, I didn't get that joke when I was a kid.

"May the force be with you"
It's still star wars in a way.

No one can surpass the Puerto Ricans

They either change it to a relevant second language to their country or just don't bother and leave it in the original language. Just look at anime or japanese game dubs, 99% of the time if something is gonna have bilingual english moments it'll either be turned into spanish or french or just left in english to the detriment of the plot.

And yet "jus de pomme" or "pain de sucre" are grammatically correct.

Can quelqu'un explain that?

How did the English feel about this? youtube.com/watch?v=_54h0l_4u8w