Bojack Horseman season 3

Watched last episode last night.

I don't understand the apparent dislike for the season. What was wrong with it?

Overall it's good, but it relies on too many plot points from Season 2 and it gives the feeling that it just went nowhere. Also, Margo's cameo was just awful and seemed forced compared to the previous two seasons.

Season 4 with Bojack's daughter should prove to be more original. Unless they fuck up and rehash Season 2 episode but with his daughter instead of the qt deer.

Individually most of the episodes of season 3 are okay, but the season lacks the clear arcs present in seasons 1 and 2. In season 1, BoJack goes through the process of releasing a book, and on the way learns that he's not a very good person. In season 2, BoJack goes through the process of making a movie, and on the way makes an effort to become a better person and discovers it's going to be harder than he thought. Both of those seasons left BoJack in a different place at their ends than their beginnings. In season 3, BoJack goes on an Oscar campaign and ...? Just kind of stagnates? He just gets worse off than ever, which he always does, but this time without apparently learning anything new. He starts the season knowing that winning an Oscar won't make him happy and he ends the season knowing an Oscar wouldn't have made him happy. It's a meaningless distraction that takes him in a circle.

Season 3 checked all the same boxes of the first two seasons but didn't really feel as cohesive. It didn't have the same clear theme to go with it. I'm sure you can dig out a couple of interpretations for themes, but you have to force it more, whereas seasons 1 and two did it more fluidly. The formula is getting old and the story didn't go to a very new place. Where season 3 stands is really going to depend on what happens to the show after this and if it can pick things up again, but right now, it's just not as good as the first two seasons. Still okay, just not as good.

Also, they clearly threw out some ideas they had set up at the end of season 2, and that turnaround was just confusing.

This is pretty much on the money.

>BoJackass Horseredditor

I think maybe it's just going into sitcom formula. Which in many ways would be fine if the show hadn't established itself as being unlike a sitcom.

I'm worried season 4 will just snap back to the status quo.

What happened to her?

Didn't she die?

She just disappeared. The suggestion - of course - was that his agent "took care of the problem".

It's a loose end, or a set-up for next season. Ana is a sort of anti-Diane, after all.

Worse than that, season 4 is probably going to suddenly get much more political. The creator took the election pretty hard and is probably going to take the opportunity to really soapbox this time instead of at least trying to take the piss out of both sides like previously.

It was even worse for Diane. In season 1 she was part of Bojack's story. That wasn't true anymore in season 2 but she had her own story; learning she can't live up to her own lofty standards and is a loser. In season 3 Diane...putters around feeling aimless and annoys her husband a few times.

In general season 3 also spent too much time teasing season 4 instead of actually doing something.

She wasn't killed. Ana was talking to her on the phone in a later episode.

He got already got kind of soapboxy in the season 2 chicken episode and went very much so in the season 3 abortion episode.

It made me lean a little more towards pro life and im not happy about that

I can stand one or two episodes and even some jokes but getting political to the extend of a whole season would just kill it.

Don't forget the season 1 Navy seal episode and the season 2 Bill Cosby episode. This is why I say "more" political. It's always been a political show, but all those episodes dealt with specific issues. I'm worried it's gonna go full "us vs them" and start making out as though the issues are all tied into big crusades against society that need to be fought. I just hope the bitchy sjw mouse sticks around to represent a malicious force instead of being transformed into the voice of reason or something.

>show has been about the hypocrisy and shallowness of Hollywoo
>Is suddenly about how the wise and enlightened Hollywoo moral elite are superior to the plebs who voted for Drumpf
Sounds great!

>six empty bags of BoJack heroine

Holy shit, no wonder she died.

Watching a deadbeat fail is only funny for so long

>the season 2 Bill Cosby episode
That was an "issue" episode but is "political" the right word for it?

Then again, maybe I just read it differently. I saw it as "the rich and powerful will amorally protect their financial interests and use tools like the media they control to do it" but that rando told Diane to smile at the end which was referring to some specific piece of feminist whining from the past couple of years as if the point was "patriarchy!" and not "Diane is ineffectual and arrogant".

If you think the main appeal of the show is being funny, then you've made a mistake.

Regardless of whatever it was supposed to say or whatever it did end up saying, it brought up a political topic. Just doing that in itself is a political kind of move vs just sticking to the drama between the characters or something. It's not always a bad thing, of course. And the fact that in the end it's still up for multiple interpretations instead of blatantly soapboxing is usually a good move.

The season had no goal.
It's like they said: Whatever, sad stuff happens, Bojack is dick for no reason,nothing from previous season matters anymore.

They jumped imho the shark.

>the only pro-life representation in the abortion episode are picketers seen for 3 seconds and the irony of the "everyone loves a baby" joke at the end.
>Barely scratched the surface of Mr. Peanutbutter getting despondent over his brother before it was over, could have been interesting to see Bojack warm up to him due to misery
>Threw away the season 2 ending in favor of "people largely stay the same, the circle repeats"
>Echo of Secretariat's "just keep running" at the ending kind of falls flat considering he didn't take his own advice
>I don't like Ana

Well, That's my momma

Blackmail most likely

>>the only pro-life representation in the abortion episode are picketers seen for 3 seconds
U wot? They did an entire news segment scene where they took the piss on three male pro life representatives who demonstrated they can't empathize with the situation, they completely don't understand the scientific mechanics of the situation, and they are easily distracted into making the whole thing about something completely unrelated. Like if you disagree with that representation that's fine, but it was still right there.