Cyborg was going to be the human core of the movie

>Cyborg was going to be the human core of the movie
>nearly half an hour of scenes, character development, conflicts, dad stuff, flashbacks
>all of them cut
>ancient battle was going to be set at the beginning, be longer
>bits of Amazons killing themselves before they fully turned Parademon
>Superman resurrection was supposed to happen at the end of the movie after the league beat Steppenwulf
>was going to be the black-suit crazy superman,
>cut and reshot and reworked to happen in the middle of the movie so supes can spout some jokes and save the day
>Hans Zimmer/Junkie soundtrack abandoned for generic shit
>original length was gonna be three hours
>more than an hour and twenty minutes of cut scenes
>the remainder of the movie was padded out with Whedon's reshoots and "jokes", which have jarring cinematography, effects and physique differences, even in the same scenes

What the fuck was WB thinking?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/DC_Cinematic/comments/7f9rea/other_im_a_vfx_artist_on_these_films_ama/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Seems like there's an extra 20 minutes of character building fluff scenes on the floor and an extra 20 minutes of actual CGI ready to go.

>Superman resurrection was supposed to happen at the end of the movie after the league beat Steppenwulf
>>was going to be the black-suit crazy superman,
Untrue

Why would they bring back Superman at the end ? Dope
Probably 10-20 minutes of extra stuff tops. The run time was always going to be shorter

>bvs was shit
>doing the same thing again was destined to be better

>What the fuck was WB thinking?
They did the same shit with Suicide Squad. I'm surprised it didn't happen to Wonder Woman.

>bvs was fine, the extended cut either good or great
>"hey let's cut it to pieces even MORE"

>bvs was fine

>rotten tomatoes

>i-its just RT!

BvS was complete shit, the Extended Cut just makes it more coherent, if only slightly. It's still trash.

>2 films without executive meddling performed well critically
>3 films with executive meddling peformed poorly among critics

Really X's my Y

its one of the most successful. why are you baffled that WB decided not to emulate the previous project made legendary for its colossal critical and commercial failures?

That it was still a shit movie and that """"""""critics'""""""""" praise and box office success don't mean a movie is good

Man of Steel didn’t do well critically.

stop
then re-read my post
then provide an intelligent reply or just kill yourself

>"movie needs a Certified Fresh™ from rotten tomatoes to be considered good!"
>no it doesn't
>"Ha! It's also a financial failure, that means it is bad!"
>no it doesn't
>"Why are you bamboozled they tried to make the movie blander and more mongoloid-friendly, making the experience closer to a better-shot marvel movie, throwing away most of the things that seperated the DCEU from the competition?"

>try to emulate Marvel with Suicide Squad
>critics hated it
>yeah our big make or break movie needs the man that pretty much ruined Marvel movies to add more jokes and generic shit to ours what could possibly go wrong?
The State Of Warner Bros. Pictures

wow, you tried twice and still missed the point explicitly spelled out for you.
You want to know why WB didn't emulate BvS. They didn't because BvS was a critical and commercial failure. They did not want to have another guaranteed critical and commercial failure. Because they did not want another critical and commercial failure, they chose not to make the movie just like the previous one that was a critical and commercial failure.
i mean, holy shit dude can you even breathe on your own?

>they tried to make the movie blander and more mongoloid-friendly, making the experience closer to a better-shot marvel movie
I think you're illiterate, user

They were thinking. "We're going to get our bonuses before this buyout happens!"
>According to a report in The Wrap, WB president Toby Emmerich and CEO Kevin Tsujihara were motivated to “preserve their bonuses” that were to be paid out prior to Time Warner’s impending merger with AT&T. If Justice League was delayed, those bonuses would be pushed back to 2018, and “they might not still be at the studio.” However, it’s worth noting that another WB insider informed The Wrap that bonuses are also “awarded for making good decisions,” so if rescheduling Justice League proved to be beneficial, there would be something to gain.

Why the fuck did we hire Hack Snyder

Why do these movies always have so many production problems?

they never got to finish snyder's stuff because he left production

reddit.com/r/DC_Cinematic/comments/7f9rea/other_im_a_vfx_artist_on_these_films_ama/

A lot of it was them rushing to cash in too. BvS was unearned.

The average critic rating was decent enough. WB was stupidly expecting MoS to earn over 1 billion, which would have never happened.

The ratings were meh. It didn't even crack the 70s for most people.

>"hey since batman and superman are the main characters we should get metallo to be the villain"
>"nah lets get doomsday instead because powerlevels"
What do you think will happen next time?

because zach snyder is a fucking joke

They should've just kept it at BvS. Doomsday was so useless.

>DC_Cinematic

i doubt there will be a "next time"

Will they ever recover from botching things this hard right at the start? BvS and JL were just so fucking messy.

I feel superman should have resurrected earlier in the movie, as bvs was hinting at it happening soon, and just have superman be on his own trying to figure his shit out. And after that he meats up with the league as a more truer form of superman

use flashpoint to retcon and re-cast the entire extended universe, including flash

do you mean with the floating dirt that had absolutely no payoff?

Why does everybody hate Doomsday's part in BvS? I thought it was fine. I liked how he literally had a part of Zod's mind in him, it was a nice touch.

Yeah it seems that they were meaning for that to be him "recharging" or whatever superman does but kinda just skipped over it

I hate it because they used him WAY too early.
Doomsday should be in the third or final Superman movie not the second movie in the DCU.