Why doesn't Jack just have these guys build him a magic grenade launcher? It's the year 20XX...

Why doesn't Jack just have these guys build him a magic grenade launcher? It's the year 20XX, they should have better magic weapons than swords now.

Good thread.

Good thread.

Better yet, why didn't they pick a back up hero?

You know when you're playing an RTS against the AI, and you reach a point where they can't win, but you can stall forever for shits and giggles?

Yeah.

20XX WE LIVIN' IN THE FUTURE NOW

All their missing is a Chinese/Japanese type god

uh he's right there dude

>Implying Jack doesnt ascend to be one after killing Aku

Thats Hindu you philistine

Because Aku hired Nietzsche to kill them all.

not that one

Only other ones there are Odin (Norse) and Ra (Egyptian)

I enjoyed the Quest for The Broken Sword comic. The gods returned and tested Jack's worthiness.
Jack had to earn his sword because it was merely given to him by his father. I hope the TV show does something similar.

What if they intentionally want a mortal to defeat Aku because that's their rite of passage for ascending one of them into godhood?

Maybe that's what mystery shogun is - a glimpse or hint into Jack's future, where he transcends into a divine or mythological being?

Keep in mind that the figure also has a prominent mount, just like Odin, Ra and Vishnu did.

If you're referring to Buddha, it's not him either.

That's Vishnu - a Hindu god.

Why don't those guys finish their damn job and kill the little bit of darkness that they mistakenly let fall to Earth?

Because that'd mean admitting they made a mistake and gods don't make mistakes.

I doubt any kids or teenagers at the time would know how to identify the Jade Emperor if he showed up. Amaterasu is hardly holy, She's just some weird slut who controls the sun. Vishnu is top tier and a good representative of Asia.

Rama's Great
Rama's Good
Rama does what Rama should

Because they are fucking phonies.

What's with all these Samurai Jack threads all of a sudden? Shouldn't this be in some nostalgia thread?

I can't tell if this is bait or you're actually retarded

What's with not being able to use Google all of a sudden? Shouldn't these anons be kept off Sup Forums with parental settings on their computer?

Why do people keep asking this? They don't care.

Pretty sure they just went with some of the more visually obvious deities. Most are just ordinary looking people, but most people know Odin is missing an eye, Ra has a bird head and Vishnu is blue with extra arms.

Others might be Ganesh with the elephant head, Athena for being female in greek armor, Anubis with the jackal head, Kali with the skull necklace and lots of arms,

As opposed to having Zeus, who is basically just bearded guy in toga. But so could Ares, Apollo, Dionysus, Poseidon, Hades, Hypnos, etc.

Just like any guy in viking clothes could be Thor, Loki, Tyr, Balder, Heimdall.....

you have to use someone that visually stands out easily.

>No Zeus
It's crap

Better question why not finish what they started aren't these the same people that worship them getting fucked over by their mess?

maybe for a good reason

>Zeus no! We are supposed to be fighting the large gelatinous blob!
>What the fuck, put your damn pants back on! What the fuck is wrong with you?!
>Jesus Zeus! Oh my god...are you seriously.......Vishnu look away, it's pretty fucked up over there...
>Ugh...just wait until he is done....then we can get to work killing the big evil thing...

Yeah, but they're living on a cosmic scale so it only looks bad to them after a few thousand years worth of their worshipers being tormented.

Humans might not be worth their time

maybe there is another ultimate evil and they don't have the time to hunt down aku.

I think it's fascinating that the show confirmed the presence of other known deities as well. The Minions of Set, for instance, are very clearly god made and if their namesake holds true then most of the Egyptian pantheon are likely present in the Samurai Jack universe as well.

What ever happened to those 4 elemental guys who beat the shit out of Aku?

Didn't they die because Jack kind mixed their elements together resulting in a nasty explosion but then again we don't even know if they can regenerate?

Until World War 2, the Emperor of Japan was viewed as a god.

What's weird to me is that they did have Zeus and the Greek gods in one episode where Jack goes after the relics of the Titans (and they made them look pretty interesting), but then they never mention them again. I guess Zeus just wasn't feeling it that day when they were fighting the ultimate evil?

Japan is different. They also view trees and shit as "gods" or spirits.

I think the problem relies really on the fact that the writers don't know how to finish Haku, otherwise the sword would be fine.

Hopefully we can see him die by Jack's hands this last season.

Japan has a god for everything.
>the god of this shrine
>the god of that river
>the god of the shoes left by the door

Better question, OP

Why doesn't Batman just rape the Joker?

>ascending one of them into godhood
>godhood
>godhand

What if there are other Aku's?

because

There's a god of anime

a full year of my childhood was wasted on that shit.
>tfw you are too poor to buy a full game and have to stall at late game on a AoE demo like you choke a dick.