Tfw Genndy is going straight back to making shitty Hotel Transylvania movies after one season of pure cartoonkino

>tfw Genndy is going straight back to making shitty Hotel Transylvania movies after one season of pure cartoonkino

Seriously, I get why he made the first one, I even get why he did the second because the payout was probably higher, but this dude is already set for life but is wasting his immense talent on garbage Adam Sandler shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cvq3Pf3j61c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Id like if he went back to star wars

[as] has made a deal with him to make more original shows, so it's not going to be the last time.

That said I'm stunned Genndy is willing to continue to work with Sony when they killed his Popeye project. Either they're paying him more then I'd imagine or they pinky promised to give him his ImaginationlLand film he always wanted.

>kino

Kill yourself autist.

Will Galaluna ever be free?

>Telling someone to end their life because they used a harmless buzzword you don't like

You seem to be the autismo here friend

>your freedom has been written off for tax purposes

Just like real life.

>getting this booty blasted by words of all things

I fucking hate Adam Sandler. He doesn't have any kids does he? His bloodline needs to end with him.

Yeah, everyone knows Samurai Jack is cartooncinéma.

I wouldn't mind more Dexter's Lab

Cartoonкинo

he never did them by choice it was a studio thing, if it was by his merrit itd be 2D and probably more funny

post yfw gendy directs Big O season 3

I wouldn't mind if he made a new cartoon and helped CN recreate a new golden era.
Imagine this shitty period of shallow internet-oriented and meme-inspired shows slowly fading away in favor of more novel ideas.

This shit seriously needs to end. This cartoon era has become stale as fuck.

>[as] has made a deal with him to make more original shows
Did you read that on TVTropes?

This looks like shit. People actually enjoy this stuff?

I want SBT to come back so badly.

He had an out for the 2nd one, they worked out a deal. He probably doesn't get paid that much to do them. Certainly not enough to finance any project he wants.

He said he was in talks with them during that live Q&A, user.

Do the impossible, see the invisible, row, row, fight the powah

So does Genndy do some 3d animation/modeling himself?

>shitty Hotel Transylvania movies
But the movies aren't that bad. I liked the first one and the second one was fantastic.

>He said he was in talks with them during that live Q&A, user.
"[Genndy and Mike] have been talking about stuff" does not mean "Adult Swim made a deal to make more original shows".

Israel and Palestine have been talking about peace. That doesn't mean they've made a deal.

How episodic did this show turn out to be?
I checked out after episode one because I figured that even if it got picked up a couple of times, it would only resolve the actual plot in like a series finale after they were sure they couldn't get picked up again.

How far does it extend? Just in name or all assets? If they were to make a new show that for whatever reason was a 'knock off' of SBT and continued where the show left off who could sue them and how?

It was pretty episodic. Monster of the week.

Monster of the week with a couple of significant character developments, if not plot developments.

Turnaround is the hollywood term for Tax Write off

Wikipedia says this
> The rights can then be sold to another studio in exchange for the cost of development plus interest.

So if some French studio wanted to buy the rights it might be possible. I say French because Geendy said France loves his show. He said it'd be cool if they funded it.

That'd be neat but is it also possible for another studio to buy it, and sell it back to CN?

I adore this show just based off the fact that it was an anime literally made for Americans

American cartoons that actually break new ground are dead, user. You'll be better off watching anime. There's some good shit coming this Spring.

Atom: The Beginning
Clockwork Planet
Boku no Hero Academia season 2
Gundam Thunderbolt season 2
Warau Salesman New
There's also The Snack World which is like Adventure Time but not shit.

Also LeSean Thomas has Children of Ether coming out at some point. That looks really good.

Technically couldn't they revive it under a new name or would they get in trouble for infringing copyright?

I don't think so, not unless it's something like a indirect spinoff or something along those lines.

I'm not too sure if the rights to the characters and visuals were part of the write off. But even if they weren't, I don't see Gendy trying it again unless it was a major overhaul.

Maybe he enjoys it.

The terrible looking CGI robots were probably the only thing about the show I disliked, but man did I dislike them.

Sadie and Sunny Sandler.

Sadie is the voice of the little werewolf girl in HT.

yeah but Genndy and [as] don't have beef like those two countries do, thats a silly comparison.

Why do you think he is set for life? Just because he directed a couple of animated feature films?

Being an animation director is not like being a huge movie star that can demand a large payout. There are lots of people in film and television, even higher ranking guys (especially in shit like animation) that don't get millions of dollars for every job. If he was working on salary under the collective agreement that Sony has with the Animation Guild of America he'd be making at most $50/hour which is respectable but not enough to retire on after one or two years.

>Atom:The Beginning
ahahaha what the fuck are these character designs

70s anime.

>Not knowing Astro Boy

>70s anime
miss me with that shit user i know what the fuck astro boy is i'm asking why they made tenma and ochanomizu into 2010s moe yaoi bait

>moe yaoi bait

Consider suicide.

Comparison aside, jumping from "Mike and I have been talking about stuff" to "Adult Swim has made a deal" is LYING. Okay? I'm sick of this shit. People are afraid to call it what it is, but it's time to stop. Changing "talking about stuff" to "made a deal" is LYING.

>Atom: The Beginning
Adaptation, could be good.

>Clockwork Planet
Looks like stylistic moeshit.

>Boku no Hero Academia season 2
Shonenshit adaptation.

>Gundam Thunderbolt season 2
Rehashed franchise, but at least it looks like it's doing something new with it.

>Warau Salesman New
Adaptation, could be good.

>Snack World
Ehhhhhhh, not feeling it.

>Children of Ether
Maybe.

yeah but its a lot easier for "talks" between two people to escalate into a deal than it is for two countries to "make up"

>working on salary
Are you retarded?
He turned Hotel Transylvania into Sony Animation's #1 earning franchise. It's very likely he has gross points off of HT2 and HT3. Maybe not "set for life" but sure as fuck it's not $50 an hour.

man you tell me if that looks more like tezuka or yuri on ice

especially ochanomizu holy shit, it's almost comedic

Yeah but it's still lying.

He's probably going to get another show, faggot. Get over it.

>shounenshit

no fun allowed

okay i'll admit it's only decent

>probably going to - future tense, subjunctive
>made a deal - past tense, matter of fact
Lying. Get over it.

I sadly can't enjoy it as much as I want to because my shitty shounen slot is filled with Naruto now and forever.

Smells like a tax dodge the IRS has rules to audit and penalize you for. Otherwise every company would pull a trick like this.

the comparison was a false equivalent and disingenuous. Get over it.

Sorry you're mad that a good cartoon has taken over the catalog. Get used to it.

>It's very likely he has gross points off of HT2 and HT3.

Why? Because Sony appreciated him so much they felt generous? Please. Nobody gives a shit what the name of the director is on Adam Sandlers pet animation project.

youtube.com/watch?v=Cvq3Pf3j61c

>I wouldn't mind if he made a new cartoon and helped CN recreate a new golden era.
I got bad news for you user, but the new golden era started about seven years ago.

The Samurai Jack finale will literally be the swan song of the Cartoon Network Golden Era with the way things at CN are going right now.

well its not like they can just ignore Jack doing phenomenally well, if it does. that doesnt really guarantee anything. [as] isnt opposed to risk though, most of the time.

If you haven't been paying attention a lot of old series have gotten modernist facelifts over the past decade. The new Devilman series was just announced the other day.

The man can go on to direct the next Meet the Spartans for all I care, as long as I get muh Jack.

I mean, it's basically just Batman with a mech

>Every time genndy is mentioned there's that one asshole who always comments about "I wan more SBT"

How can give a shit about a show and not even know it can't come back.

>the second one was fantastic
wait, really? i skipped it after reading some negative buzz.

>I dont' know what the fuck astro boy is

This was hours ago but
>no mention of Uchouten Kazoku season 2
Step it up

are you really comparing this to yuasa