Does anyone else on this god-forsaken board like taking super powers (especially weak ones) and imagining creative ways...

Does anyone else on this god-forsaken board like taking super powers (especially weak ones) and imagining creative ways to make the useful in a fight?

I feel like that should be more common than it is

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glue_logic
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glue_code
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glue_language
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glue_semantics
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quotient_space_(topology)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_glue
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Tell us your ideas.

>Makes green lantern corps yellow, their own weakness

Have color kid change the colors of more combat-capable heroes to camouflage them.

Alternatively, change the color of the surrounding area to something bright and obnoxious so no one can hide.

Like the milk telepath in misfits?

There was a thread a little over a weak ago with a lot of unique powers. Should be in a archive

We do that occasionally. Remember when we made Sportsmaster the most OP character in DC?

Color the eyeballs of criminals. Go on, I'll wait for you to realize the implications.

As if I'd give you my ideas so willingly and for free. Nice try, Stan Lee.

This.

Color the air to create a smokescreen. Color everything within an area the same color, making it impossible to tell where anything is.
Instant disguise. Mark a criminal with a neon-striped shirt or even skin to signal the cops. With enough mastery, one could create excellent illusions. Straight-up dazzling and blinding people.
The utility applications are goddamn endless.

I had an idea a while back for a story about a guy who ended up with the useless superpower to change the flavor of anything he touches. The twist is that it's an actual chemical change and while he's not very well educated he knows a fuck ton about cooking and food science because he wanted to be a chef.

One thing he does that I just kind of came up with today is that he can basically give himself a ridiculous amount of energy by adding sweetness (blood glucose) and gaminess (hemoglobin) to his blood and removing fizziness (CO2) He also pairs this with adding hot and cold flavors to his body to numb injuries and removing tanginess (lactic acid) from his muscles to make it so he can carry on without pain or fatigue

Another obvious one is making the air around him spicy, making it painful for the enemy to breathe. He can also impart an alcoholic flavor on the air making it flammable (though this one obviously doesn't work out too well)

It's surprisingly useful for criminals, not so much fo humans

fuck, I meant normies

Colour peoples (and your own) clothes transparent so they don't want to fight anymore

Instant Blackface.

Mainstream american comics are not about the fighting, so of course it would rarely come up.

you can call him Person of Color! brilliant! some one get this man a movie deal

this is honestly the pretty clever

I hope his civilian name is Bud.

>He can also impart an alcoholic flavor on the air

That could also make his enemies sloppy drunk until they die from alcohol poisoning

How about that one mutant girl in X-Men 3 who could write words by just waving her hand over paper?

I'm trying to think up something for Condiment Man but all I can think up is him spraying hot sauce at his enemy's orifices.

He actually does that right down to the spoiler. One of the big enemies in his character arc was a hive mind of rats that was too massive and too powerful to fight but even if there were millions of them individually they were still all rats with tiny little livers. Of course, the concentration of alcohol fumes needed to kill an enormous swarm was still enough to get him to the point where he thinks lighting a match to go out with a bang is a pretty damn cool idea

Teach her information theory and signal processing. Watch as she writes electrical signals into any machine by waving her hands to become a glorious technopath. At worst she'd corrupt data and signals, or turn anything on or off

She could write offensive things on your clothes and get people to attack you!

Alternately, she could write over your eyeballs so you can't see.

If her power actually produces ink, she could produce a toxic ink on your skin or in your bloodstream.

Since ink is a layer on top of paper, she could refine her powers to sculpt things out of ink material (iron gall) and create constructs. With practice, she could create walls or buildings (or weights over your head) with a wave of her hand.

Or she could get good at artwork and drive many Korean studios out of business, making cash in the process.

>She could write offensive things on your clothes and get people to attack you!
>She shows up on a battlefield and screws with uniform colors
Pity she wasn't around during WW2 or she'd have really fucked people up.

Shit, I made this image back when the first Sportsmaster thread happened. When was that, 2011? 2012?

I've lost my computer's contents two or three times over since then. Cool to see this still exists somewhere.

you know, gamma radiation is a color. Could he get a high output laser and use it to bombard people with gamma ray lasers, incinerating them with high-energy radiation?

Actually, if you can get light into the 10^-35 meter scale, he could basically make any light into a black hole

can she write words into your brain forcing you to think them?

Let's just pick one condiment -- mayonnaise.

>Oil
Oil is flammable. Condiment man can literally create energy.

>Lemon Juice
Citric acid! Concentrated, he can spray this stuff around to devastating effect!

>Eggs
Condiment man can create life. He can literally create life out of nothing.

I always loved plastic man, both as a character and as a powerset, but the thing i like the most is the interaction between the two

Most incarnations of Condiment Man are just dudes who use weaponry revolving around mustard or ketchup, but reading this made me realize he's still eligible to be a legit threat.

Polka Dot Man can store and summon anything round from his suit, even it's just a circle at a certain angle. At one point he pulled out a fucking staff and beat the shit out of a bunch of cops with it.

How frightening.

How about Paste Pot Pete?

Aren't certain incarnations of Paste Pot Pete actually brilliant chemists?

You just described the entirety of the JJBA fanbase.

What was the name of that spiderman villain whose 'power' was that she had a glove filled with lead?

The only stupid thing about PAste Pot Pete is his name.

Having access to an indelible, incredibly strong adhesive could be terrifying.

>Spray in the general direction of someone's face
>Watch as they suddenly realize they have seconds to get the superglue off their face before they suffocate.

Think of how frightening it would be to have him attach the glue to a chain and proceed to take off multiple layers of their skin.

Not to mention that he could probably stuff in into their stomachs or just place it in their circulatory system and immediately cause a blockage that cannot be removed without a large amount of damage.

Or hell, just spray in a hero's general direction and get away while they're pinned to concrete for sixteen hours.

Beast Boy/Plastic Man team up series when

>glue Thor's hammer to Hulk's back

Now Thor is swinging Hulk around. He's even more dangerous.

Have Color Kid change all the water in the world to black or brown so everyone thinks it's poopy and then no one will drink water and the world will descend into chaos fighting over clean water and then everyone will die from either dehydration or being murdered. Slow global genocide. Well, except for Africa cause their water is already brown so they would live for... as long as Africa could live for without the assistance of the west.

Next Avengers movie when

Just give that nigga a hot glue gun and have him burn people's faces off lol

If she were really smart she could trick people into thinking she's a ghost or spirit and do things like extort money out of them or get them to sacrifice things for her if that's what she wanted. I need to know the range at which she could write, because she could just hang in some old rich lady's attic and write shit on her walls in the next room, if her range is only a couple of centimetres then I really can't think of anything aside from ink poisoning based shit.

Can Condiment King just shoot condiments or can he manifest them? If he can manifest them he could just flood someone's skull with sauce and give them severe brain damage/kill them. Same goes for lungs and heart. Although he could still do this with sauce guns he'd just need to get close. I think I might try writing a scenario where Condiment King holds a politician hostage to get cash or something and see how it works.

A hot glue gun can't burn off someone's face but it can cause some pretty bad burns.

>The only stupid thing about PAste Pot Pete is his name.

Sadly, having ever been named Paste Pot Pete damns him even when he becomes the Trapster, the Wizard's top man.

Why yes.

a fair number of exotic spices are toxic or even lethal in high doses

That's basically Jojo's bizarre adventure part 3 and on.

Wait just a damn minute

Also One Piece.

Frankly, also a lot of anime/manga where characters get really specific powersets.

if she can do images as well as words, teach her ritual magic. she can instantly draw intricate sigil arrays that would normally take three months and severe OCD to get right

CM just shoots them with some weird-ass hose thing attached to a backpack. I also assumed it could work like a jetpack if he left the holstered but unfortunately that's something the writers never tried.

It could attach some pretty nasty sequins to someone's face, though.

I haven't read a lot of those. MHA or BnH (however you want to call it) has a lot of it.

if Dogwelder can weld the dog star, Paste Pot Pete can do shit like provide the 'glue' of a stable relationship, 'glue' a broken heart or broken trust,
also
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glue_logic
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glue_code
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glue_language
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glue_semantics
he's an amazing programmer

and the cherry on top
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quotient_space_(topology)
he can warp space and subspace

I suppose he could also deteriorate your connective tissue, then.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_glue

...but that pales in comparison with warping space and subspace

>Condiment King wants $1 billion
>decides to hold the president hostage
>goes to the front of the White House under the guise of being a tourist but keeps a scuba suit in a backpack
>begins to fill the area with potato salad and mayonnaise, flooding it and therefore engulfing all security in potato salad
>somehow (using a heat ray or something, idk) heats it up, thus turning it rotten and poisons security, potato salad can develop golden staph if left out for too long, maybe he just brings rotten potato salad
>enter white house through roof but keep mayonnaise production going so the white house continues to get covered in it, he has a remote that controls this, the mayonnaise/potato salad cannons are deep underground and it comes out through tiny little holes in the white house garden, would take forever to root it all up
>get to president
>get TV cameras and announce what he wants and that he better get it within the hour unless he'll kill the president via filling his skull with hot sauce and will broadcast his slow painful death live
>CIA/military/whoever attempts to take him out but they cannot, for the entire white house is now covered in thick layers of potato salad and mayonnaise, it's taking them forever to break his stronghold and the whole thing fucking stinks really bad
>half an hour has passed, they're getting worried, they can't afford to use a tank or anything big to hit the white house with as they risk hurting more people and the president
>no choice but to succumb to the demands of the Condiment King, Condiment King orders that they put the money directly into an account
>they do it, he cuts the camera, no one knows what's happening to the president

CONT.
>Condiment King then puts on his scuba suit and swims out of the mayonnaise and into an underground tunnel he had placed earlier in the backyard of the white house that runs for a kilometre or so to a random destination (a bush in a park, etc) or just goes through a manhole that's been covered by mayonnaise and goes through the sewers until he finds somewhere safe to exit
>comes out in civilian/tourist gear
>by the time the military have gotten to the president, the Condiment King is long gone and filthy rich and no one knows who that was or how to catch him

dude, no joke, we made a thread like this back in 2010

its been done before lots since

Good thinking, but like most prisons, the white house is ringed with subterranean sensors to detect any underground activity.

Potato salad is more of a side than a condiment, though.

>stealing someone's powers through a game of rock paper scissors
>putting zippers on everything
>deflating anything
>controlling metal inside the body
>turning into string
>utilization of Feng Shui
>walking on rain drops
>whatever the fuck Chocolate Disco did
JoJo is where it's at.

Because american artists and writers cant have creative shit even if their lives are in a danger, that is why comic fights sucks ass.

Eh Jojo is more like really specific really dangerous things.

I loved Law of Ueki because of just how damn far it took this concept. EVERY power in that series sounds fucking useless on paper. One of the main characters had "the ability to turn towels to steel, but only for as long as you can hold your breath".

>yfw Condiment King probably has access to pure Capsaicin.
Technically it is a condiment. A condiment capable of rending human flesh.

The Spot!

>the ability to control the injured body parts of anyone directly below you
that guy must have spent ages trying to figure out what the fuck his stand did

>whatever the fuck Chocolate Disco did.

Underappreciated stand. I know it was a joke stand but fuck its so stupid but practical.
>Project a massive XY grid
>have a key pad with a button for each square on the grid
>Toss something out
>press the button you want it to go to
>it teleports to that spot

If the enemy stands on square 1-A, you can toss a brick, hit the 1-A button, and the brick will appear inside their body.

its so fucking stupid, but workable.

Shit, well maybe he holds the president of some shitty third world country hostage. Like... Cuba?

>The ability to be an incorporeal god that can fly, teleport, heal all manner of wounds and instantly shred people to pieces with merely a thought, but only when its raining

I enjoy this and would definitely like to see more.
Especially if it's really cheesy

I had an idea for two heroes with stupid powers. They are the most fun to write.

The first had the power to produce any kind of alcoholic beverage from his hands. He could make any kind of mix drink one could desire, but at the same time it extended to different varieties of alcohols, and he could spray it with considerable force.
Eventually he was able to use lighters to turn his hands into flamethrowers, and could inject alcohol straight into the veins of people he punched. He could also get himself drunk to dull the pain. Or if he just felt like it, he could flood the room with creamy Bailey's.

The other one had the power to make any door open to another door, provided he had opened that door before. For example, he could make the front door of one house 'open' to reveal the bathroom of a house on the other side of the world. It was basically instant teleportation via physical doors. Some of the ways he weaponized it were by carrying tiny doors on his person that he could open to his personal weapon stash. he could flip open a pocket sized novelty door, and pull out a shotgun. He also had a door he tossed into the ocean, and one he sent into space, so that he could open up another door and have a torrent of water or an endless vacuum at his disposal.
He could also do stuff like redirect projectiles with multiple doors, or trap people in free fall between two doors.
He could even stick his hand through a tiny one, and use it to infiltrate buildings, having just his hand drag the door behind him by a little string as he finger walked through vents.

>the closer you get to someone, the smaller you get
god loved this one because of how exponentially harder to becomes to get away from that person the closer you get to them.

...how did he get a door into space?

Nigger the International Space Station has doors.

he infiltrated a space shuttle using the crawling finger door technique.

a recurring element of most stands is that, while precise limits of powers require experimentation, most users have an intuitive understanding of what their powers do.
Like Cheap Trick's user didn't actually know that he had a stand or what that was, but he just intuited "something bad will happen if I show someone my back"
and then Cheap Trick did it's bullshit.

Infiltrated nasa by finger walking a tiny door onto a shuttle launching a commercial satellite.
Went there on a tour. opened a bathroom door while he was there.
Teleported back in after closing. Tossed a tiny door. Left undetected.
Shoved his arm through tiny door and dragged it through secure areas until he found rocket that was soon to be launched.
Literally super glued it to the side panel.

boom! space door.

dude wtf I want doorman to be an actual marvel superhero with his own comics. His archtype is the crafty rogue. He does good by devising brilliant door based tricks.

Marvel already has a Doorman who works for the Great Lakes Avengers.

Pocket black hole?

color kid control light spectrum and fuck up with different lanters corps.

That would only work if everything he colors doesn't reflect light? You can still tell how things are shaped by how light bounces off of it

I really like the first one. it's the perfect storm of sounds stupid and actually awsome. The latter not so much. it seems like a really awsome power from the beginning

I had a whole cast with variously useful and useless powers for the setting. His best friend and love interest was a girl who could turn her eyes in any direction. This sounds dumb, but the directions weren't just limited to spacial dimensions, or even dimensions the universe actually has. the end result was that she could see anywhere in time or space or even alternate timelines and universes

>a star
>a black hole
>bombs, bullets
>a concentrated sphere, cone, cylinder, etc of any material including fluids
>can be any size
>entire pocket dimension of round shit can be stored
As long as he manages to not kill himself with whatever he summons, it's world-breaking

I had an idea about a guy that could swap anything in his hands other things that are shaped like it

If he is holding a ball and you are holding a ball suddenly you have his ball and he has your ball

Oh yeah. Taken a stab at at CK too. Mostly the obvious stuff already mentioned comes to mind.
But...
More than camouflage. Depending on how much fine control he has over it, he could in theory effectively render someone invisible, or create 2D illusions as realistic as any of Projectra's.

I fucking dare you.

Make him dangerous

Fuck, like 5 people already did him. My bad.

How about this one?

You know lots of super hero powers would be hard to turn into $$$ but for exterior or interior design this would be great. Just make a lot of money doing that and saving companies tons of costs and time. Then use it to fund research for other superheroes' gizmos.

How about one that can teleport objects, but only from one had to the other.
What ever is in his left hand, gets moved to his right hand and vice versa.

My thoughts is that he could easily redirect bullets and projectiles. He could guard with one hand and have the attack fly out of the other.

If size isnt an issue, he could easily drop cars and buildings by simply moving them a few feet. Hell in an urban environment he can be absolutely devastating. Rearranging buildings at will, ripping up concrete slabs as shields. All of which done by teleporting the object from one hand to the other.

You mean Doorman that can literally be anywhere he wants at all times because he can phase through literally anything he's next to ?
Also even after Doorman died he's still alive because he was made herald of oblivion.
Dude is overpowerd because nobody ever elaborated on exactly how his powers worked other than that he can go to the "darkforce dimension" (whatever the fuck that is) by opening doors through anything as long as he's near the place he wants to make doors at (guessing his powers arent useful in space or anywhere with no physical objects).
After he died he gained the ability to fly somehow and because he's technically still alive as the herald of oblivion we can just assume he also has all of Deathurge's powers too. I dunno what all this means cause marvel never wrote much about either of these characters. I am just calling it right now that Doorman is gonna be the god of the marvel universe one day.

Wait, how he is capable of changing colors?
A) He manipulates the light
B) He manipulates molecules and how they absorb light

Either way he is too OP, someone can elaborate about his powers?

Thank you for reminding me of this, user.
I'd watched half of it quite a few years ago and I could never remember the name, despite having enjoyed it immensely.

>the ability to turn towels to steel
>that fight when he got an upgrade