I feel that no matter how it ends,people will be dissapointed at the ending...

I feel that no matter how it ends,people will be dissapointed at the ending.All the debate of if jack has to go back to the past or stay in this timeline and if he should kill aku in the present or past.Doesnt help that its being hyped as the masterpiece of modern animation,so any flaw it may have will be seen as a sin.

while i will argue and say that samurai jack is quite a masterpiece from the word go because of such innovations with sound, atmosphere, and humor on such a simple art style, i too am worried that any mistakes or mal-received artistic choices they make will be immediately autistic screaming
YOU RUINED MY CHILDHOOD SHOW REEEE

For me, even if I'm disappointed in the ending it gets, I'll just be happy that it finally got an ending. If Jack never gets back to the past, we'll at least know that. If he does, we'll at least know that. The more than a decade long case of blue balls was suffering, so knowing that we'll finally see the series receive its proper send-off is in itself satisfying.

If I also happen to like the ending, that that's just icing on the cake to me. But all this time, I just wanted the series to have its well deserved "The End."

here we go.

i'm not exactly hoping for one way or another as far as endgame is considered, i'm just ecstatic we get one and i trust genndy and co to do it at their best.

So long as they don't give an ending that's like
>AND THE ADVENTURE CONTINUES
I'll be satisfied. Just so long as Aku is defeated.

This
This is one of those shows that needed to end properly and deserved it. I don't care how it ends as long as it's true to the original series which judging from the 1st 2 episodes it will be.

the fucked up thing is has it never once occurred to jack that a time portal in order to work must exist in the same spot through the entirety of time and that all he needs is a way to open the damn portal from the spot where it was in the past?

Same. I don't care if he goes back to the past or not to do it, but if it's yet another one of those cop-out endings I'll go apeshit.

t. blue Jack

It'll be a flaw if Jack doesn't kill all of the Daughters of Aku.

I'll just be glad when it's over.

It's gonna be hard to see Aku be defeated/killed desu.

>trust nobody not even yourself

See here's my issue. We're all happy that jack is back and so far good but we need to remember this is the last season and iirc only 10 episodes. That's some things we need to cover to lead up to aku.

jack kills aku then kills selff
jack kills aku then goes back in time and kills self
jack kills aku goes back in time lives as an imortal god goes insane becomes aku, forgets he's jack and circles the series

would accept these

>aku heelfaceturn
NO
>girl assasin kills aku
NO
>jack dying has an internal aside about all the good he's done and gets a second wind and they both die

it would actualy be hard for me to have an ending i dont like
cringe but ok

Yeah, that's really the only ending I can think of that I wouldn't like

But user, we've already seen where Aku came from. He cannot be Jack.

remind me again
i believe he kind of popped into existence
wouldnt be infeasable for jack to be him

>battle on staircase, jack above aku
>aku's dying breath opens portal to primordial past
>portal's opening makes jack loose his footing
>falls backward onto aku with sword
>jack covered in aku juice becomes aku
>rolls down stairs into portal which then closes
>with nothing but space he just grows until ancient gods take notice

>Jack kills the daughters of Aku after giving them a chance for peace
>laments after hearing Ashi's dying words about her upbringing, and realizes they too are victims of Aku
>Wrestles with his inner demons long enough before he regains the sword and his confidence to face Aku
>After an epic fight, Jack defeats Aku, but the sword is not strong enough to fully destroy Aku
>Aku taunts jack by confirming that he will be resurrected and that there are no more portals for jack to return home
>Jack knows this, and seals Aku within the sword like his father before him.
>Instead of trying to banish Aku underground like before, Jack sheaths the sword for the last time, never to draw it again.
>Jack accepts the fact that he cannot return to the past, and that he will live forever, knowing that he will bear the burden of carrying Aku's prison
>Jack retires from fighting and becomes a peaceful traveler. spending time with old friends and new as they pass on.
>Jack becomes a legendary eternal hero
>Show ends with jack narrating a revised version of the original intro

This way, you get a satisfying, but not too sweet, ending where jack is victorious and beats Aku. You dont have to see either likable character die, plus Jack and Aku can shit talk for eternity.

This seems likely

I would not be mad at all if it ended like this.

>Ashi turns out to be good.
>they bond through-out the remaining run.
>final episode ends with Jack sending Ashi to the past to off Aku.
>Jack stays to finish the fight with future Aku.
>episode literally ends with pic related before the WACHHA

>jack realizes not only does he not age but he also has Captain Jack Harkness levels of imortality
>just walks up to aku
>"im just so tired"
>"me to samurai"

>jack goes to the past
>immortals his way to the future
fuck paradoxes
>he and her tagteam future aku
>reverse gurrenlagan ending as jack fades away, a man with no time to call home

Him killing all of them one by one would be so predictable. They would just be remembered as another enemy that got vanquished.

But something like Aishi turning good would even be more cringe, so I just hope they have something more special planned for Jack's final antagonists.

Jacks final antagonist will be aku. The daughters are gonna have to be gone because there is a lot to cover in the remaining episodes. By the looks of the ep 3 preview, at the very least 5 of the daughters are gonna bite the dust.

pretty great

as long as he beats aku and doesnt just do some pussy shit im cool with the ending

I'd like most of the daughters to last at least a little longer than 2 episodes. From the previews they were what was hyped most so I'm made to believe they are seriously dangerous but if Jack mops the floor with them in 2 episodes I'll be kind of disappointed

Again, they only have 8 episodes left. The next one will be jack healing and fighting them. By episode 4, if they are still alive/not resolved, then you aren't leaving much time for jack to accomplish his other goals.

You gotta assume that he will spend 1~3 episodes overcoming his insanity, finding his sword and uncovering the truth about the green warrior. Then you need episode 9 and 10 to be a pre-final battle prep episode and a finale episode. With episode 3 being a lock for the daughter battle, that leaves 7 left. 5 of them will be jack solving the above problems so that leaves about 2 left to use the daughters

Samurai jack has always been about unique enemies that come in and out of the story quick. The daughters are gonna have ep 2 and ep 3 to show their stuff. Anymore might get repetitive plus jack already showed that he can beat them.

What they might do is kill off the unnamed daughters next episode and have Ashi return in like episode 8 or something for a 1v1 before aku

I find it kinda hard to buy that he hasn't killed a single human in those 50 years.

The show wants you to assume he hasn't. Otherwise he would not have had a reaction. Whether he killed the bounty hunters or unnamed people over the years is irrelevant. The reason they make a big deal out of this is because the show is making it out to be that way

I have a feeling the final fight can't be just Jack beats Aku.

Then people will be like well why didn't he fling him through time again

>caring about the end

THE JOURNEY NIGGA, THE JOURNEY

>no matter how it ends,people will be dissapointed at the ending

NO SHIT. There are so many theories and ideas about how the show might end that someone will inevitably talk about "how it should have ended" after the show ends, even if the ending is emotionally and thematically satisfying.

>Show ends with jack narrating a revised version of the original intro
something like that would be pretty cool

>Long ago in a distant land,Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil!
>But ,i, wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose him.
>Before the final blow was struck, Him tore open a portal in time, and flung me into the future, where his evil...was law
>Now i won't return to the past,but at least i undo the future that was Aku!

something like that would be pretty cool

>Otherwise he would not have had a reaction
I don't disagree with you, but that reaction could have just been him realizing he was fighting humans and not machines like he assumed.
Unless there's something in a preview. none of which I've watched, that states he has a problem that he killed someone.

Aishi was never evil. She was told that Jack caused devastation wherever he went, and that Aku was the reason the world was so beautiful outside.

Since the ending was said to be one that we won't expect but will find that it's something we want, here's my take on it.

Jack defeats Aku with the sacrifice of Ashi and is able to go back in time but not necessarily to the original one. He ends up in a modern time where he learns to cope with his immortality and begins researching new ways to stop evil if it ever comes back. He eventually decides to create more heroes with the daughters of aku as a reference point. The whole Samurai Jack reboot was so that new ppgu was announced to be cancelled and is gonna be rebooted in the same style as season 5 for Samurai Jack. This makes a wave of better quality reboots for each show that was treated like trash.

It's the blessing and curse of the internet. Most of us have probably already read the ending in one of the numerous Samurai Jack threads we've had since the new season was announced. If you have a thousand people guessing a thousand different things, one of them is bound to be right. It's why I've made peace with whatever the ending will be already.

They really should have come up with some better propaganda/brainwashing to feed them.

Also, does Aku even know that the Daughters of Aku exist?

for what we see, nope he doesn't

>if jack has to go back to the past or stay in this timeline
TIME KOMPRESSION!

>grow up as a child of a dark cult
>be trained from birth in the art of combat
>training regimen involves putting children through torturous trials and it's implied death is a common occurrence
>later shown that final trial involves killing what can assumed to be older sisters

I dunno man seems pretty evil to me

Jack gives them a chance to back down in the next episode. You see it in the trailer. Jack clearly doesn't want to kill people but if they come for him they're gonna die

Wait a minute.

Craziness involving time...

OH MY GOD TIME CUBE IS ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT THE ENDING OF SAMURAI JACK

>Old Man Jack
>Friend of the Scale
>The Unkillable Knife
>The Wave Crester

>Samurai Jack loops back into powerpuff girl setting.

Came here to post this.

More like Jack kills Aku in the present and while traveling to the past the last 50 years catches up to him and he catches a glimpse of his younger self on the way to attacking Aku for the first time before he dies of old age

I know how Sup Forums loves time loops

>Aku fucks up time as a last ditch effort
>All of time collapses
>The past is now the present is now the future is now the NOW
>Jack and Aku awkwardly looking at each other as ancient Japan messily springs up alongside Neotokyo and Scotland 2.0 as they stand exactly where they were before this all began
>Now nobody can go back, or go forward, and so there's nothing left to do but settle it

ynow an ending i didnt know i wanted would be aku becoming a good guy and jack having to accept it begrudgingly