When Nolan made The Dark Knight Rises, every single character was an actual person. The sets were real...

When Nolan made The Dark Knight Rises, every single character was an actual person. The sets were real. It was partially filmed on 65mm film.

Now we've reached a state where capeshit is no different than videogames with barely the better plots. Fake CGI-ied or copy-pasted characters. Fake settings with blatantly obvious CGI backgrounds. Shot on some low-effort digital camera for indie films. Why is nobody giving a fuck anymore?

Airport scene was top tier capekino.

Most people don't give a fuck about all that pretentious bullshit you just mentioned

Yet Nolan still couldn't make a good movie. Really makes you think.

but Nolan's Batman grounded Batman to real life so hard that it didn't even feel like Superhero movie anymore. Christian Bale's Batvoice is so ridiculous that it became a meme now.

>the year of our lord Trump, 2017
>humanity rising from the ashes of political correctness
>men realising that their unwillingness to fight what they knew was wrong, was because of a lack of testosterone
>men taking steps to raise their testosterone levels so they can fight and be men, again
>there are STILL those who watch soyboy capeshit

You are now aware that you live in a world, a terrifying world, where there are people right this moment who use terms such as "canon" and "cinematic universe" when talking about films and television shows. A terrifying world where imagined characters on a screen are required, according to those who discuss them, to adhere to "ground rules" set out by the creators of said-characters. A terrifying world where those that discuss these characters and their actions, are actually enraged if said-characters deviate from the mannerisms expected of them, the mannerisms that may have initially been set in the pages of a comic book.

Think about that. A comic book. For children. Yes, pictures and words on the same page, which are meant to be read by children, that are actually read by adults. Adults who then bicker and express their frustration at film-adaptations of these comic books not being "faithful". Faithful to a comic book. That's supposed to be read by young children. This is your world. This is the world of capeshit.

Terrifying, isn't it?

>pretentious bullshit
Basics of filmmaking isn't pretentious you Marvel cocksucker.

If Civil War was your first film.

Winter Soldier is basically non-canonical with the rest of the MCU due to it actually being a good movie made by people with talent.

Magic happens when your film is too irrelevant for the producers to give a shit about. Everything after is controlled with an iron fist by Disney, plagued with dumb reshoots.

MCU is fucking trash. Their films look like bad videogames. Pre-Disney era Marvel films held a considerably higher quality of filmmaking.

Nothing wrong with grounded superhero films

damn this is sum gay shit

>basics of filmmaking

Is that why every Nolan-directed fist fight looks like stoned 16 year olds fucking around in their back yard pretending they're WWE wrestlers?

And it still looked more coherent than Civil War's thousand-cuts-a-second amidst an already confusing CGI background and barely coherent plot.

No it doesn't, faggot.
And if you're going to pretend the underground fight with Bane wasn't filled with nonsensical cuts and pointless angles, you're even more of a faggot.

Marvel turds will never come close to the sewer fight in TDKR. So much raw grittiness that isn't allowed in kiddy-approved MCU. Nolan needs to return to the genre to save it.

>and pointless angles
Find me one "pointless angle".

>implying the dark knight rises was good
kys false flagging capecuck, none of your superheroes movies are good

Nolan is a fucking faggot
He is sitting on hours worth of footage of TDKR , and has a cut where the Talia reveal actually makes sense.
However he says he will never release a directors cut or deleted scenes because "real filmmaker" or something
Jackass

There was no one quipping during that fight. Just straight dialogue

Because Nolan opened the floodgates with his shit cinematography, shit editing and no-second-takes mentality.

Why is no one giving a fuck anymore!!!!1!
Gee, I wonder why??

Maybe, because IT'S MADE FOR FUCKING KIDS.

>tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society

This. Pretty much all great capeshit flicks that should even be considered "kino" are grounded and toned down. Batman Begins, Dark Knight, Logan or Unbreakable.

>Because Nolan opened the floodgates
Completely wrong. Iron Man opened the floodgates for current Marvel movies and before that the closest were the X-men movies.

>his shit cinematography
>shit editing
Objectively wrong, the people who are his cinematographers and editors are the best in Hollywood

>no-second-takes mentality.
I would love to know where this is coming from.

You're right, there was just bad dialogue delivered in the ridiculous bane voice, and since Nolan is an autistic manchild incapable of emotion, no one will ever know what the intent of any of it was

yeah, bane the genius bruiser spinning around like a fruit for no reason and neither of the two greatest martial artists in the world being able to throw a decent strike, so gritty

>I would love to know where this is coming from.
Talia's death-scene. If that wasn't the only take they had and they still went with it then they're even more retarded.

Nolan's trilogy isn't for kids. The intended audience would be 15-40 males. Don't assume every film in the genre is the same morning cartoons like MCU.

>when MCUck attempts to sound smart
While you are eating Disney's reshot feces Nolan is out there making geniune films shot on geniune 65mm film.

>Objectively wrong, the people who are his cinematographers and editors are the best in Hollywood
is that where there's repeated instances of fight choreography ruined by framing? not that it was good choreo in the first place
Not to mention the terrible aspect ration shifts, but man what a visionary, just look at all the artists who've copied that technique, michael bay and michael bay

>I would love to know where this is coming from.
talia's death scene
that part where the bane henchmen fucks up and slips around on the outside of the plane
that part where batman fist knocks a guy over despite being visibly feet away from striking distance

Not an argument
You didn't address anything, you're avoiding what you know are amateur mistakes, you sound like a snyderfag

That's how people dying actually looks like.
But lets ignore that and say it was a bad sloppy scene, a few of those proves he only does one take for anything?
Do you not see the retarded conjecture here? He has made 10 movies, Dunkirk is pretty much all flawless and consistent action scenes.

>adressing an MCUck shitting himself
I don't need to defend anything from an idiot defending the trash MCU that has poisoned this genre.

>That's how people dying actually looks like.
pajeet spotted

Embarrassing rebuttal.

>That's how people dying actually looks like.
Imagine going this far in an attempt to paint Nolan as a genius, just to defend DC capeshit as being slightly better than MCU capeshit. Holy fuck.

People aren't saying that Nolan never does a second take even in his good movies, they're saying that he clearly couldn't give a fuck with TDKR and so he's part of the problem of making shitty capeshit movies that will never aspire to anything better than being capeshit.

>not that it was good choreo in the first place
Yes the hand to hand combat scenes weren't particularly good in any Batman movie, but that has nothing to do with choreography or editing. Learn the difference.

And a few sloppy scenes in TDKR which was a mamoth rushed project proves he only does one take for anything? The rest of his movies don't count? Please stop your retarded "arguments"

> he's part of the problem of making shitty capeshit movies that will never aspire to anything better than being capeshit.

Nolan is the guy who invented shitty capeshit movies that inspire to be anything better than capeshit. TDKR was part of that also despite being his most unwieldy and sloppy movie

>Imagine going this far in an attempt to paint Nolan as a genius
I'm not what I said was true. It may look silly but that's not a far fetched portrayal of a person dying

Kek so much this.

I actually like the Cap America trilogy bc i can pretend everything end with Civil War: Cap lose the shield, and he's not Cap anymore basically, while Bucky lose his cyber arm and its put to sleep. End of the story (two good movies and a meh/average one like in every trilogy ever)

The absolute state of Marlel

Are you a retard? The fight scenes being bad has nothing to do with choreography? Do you understand that those fight scenes are blocked and rehearsed at the direction of a stunt coordinator? Have you seen these cheap as fuck John Wick movies that have the best action scenes because they bothered to get a decent choreographer and put the actors through training camps? Nolan doesn't do this even though he easily could because he's an arrogant autist, similar to you and all the other fucking mouth-breathers who defend his fucking thinking man's James Cameron films.
Please learn to speak English properly, by the way.

Nolan spent more energy on one scene in TDKR than Disney spent on the entirety of CGI Airport War. Nolan is a true filmmaker. Disney just does what they need to for big bucks. Just look at the creative process behind an average Nolan film to some shitty MCU nobody will remember after two weeks. Nolan makes real films. MCU makes visual fast food for kids.

At what point does any of the Batman movies even come close to being anything better than capeshit?

If you'd gone to bat for Snyder then I could have humoured you, but Nolan doesn't fucking do ANYTHING non-capeshit with the material he was given.

Marvel Pajeets going all out against based Nolan. What the fuck is their problem?

>on one scene

>men raising testosterone to fight what they know is wrong

Also saying "year of our Lord Trump 2017" implies Trump is 2017 years old. You could have said year one of Trump to imply a new age, but apparently alt right posters are brainlets

sorry, you're too late, you were beaten to that insult

Now post CGI RDJ over CGI Iron Nigger's body. Even that scene took more effort an talent to create (all practical) than the trashy videogame MCU.

>oh no someone called me a pajeet... Better call THEM pajeets!
Fucking hell, can't you do anything original?

Why do Marvel Pajeets get so triggered when you call out their Punjabi shilling farms?

>says nigger
>isn't even white himself

Who are you trying to impress? There's only two types of Nolanfag, 14 year olds and middle-aged third worlders like you.

Stop projecting.

I'm not a big Nolan fan but his first two Batman movies are vastly superior to everything dceu and MCU has put out (except for maybe iron man 1)

>What have I done?
>I created a monster

He gave us the plane scene, which far surpasses capeshit

Now post it on Sup Forums

Fuck Sup Forums. Bunch of Disney cocksuckers.

Watching the so called airport scene is the only exposure I had to modern capeshit. It was so terribly fucking bad I was afraid I'd have a stroke in front of the screen. The characters felt like I was watching a direct-to-video Shrek flick. Anyone who unironically defends this garbage needs to be murdered immediately.

Ant Man was the only cool part though.

I saw Civil War in the theater and it was this scene that made me drop marvel all together.

Like you've read a book in the last month.

For all the shit TDKR and Manlet Bane they get, they are completely superior to modern capeshit in every way.

No it wasnt. It was legends of tomorrow tier

Requesting bad cgi spiderman webms for comparison.

Why do you feel the need to false flag like this? It's a fucking flick not an oscar worthy film. It's competently made for what it is.

Nolans mistake was trying to make a movie about kid shit for adults. Of all the complaints I see for these movies, wanting them to be dark or serious is the most stupid. You could argue that these movies are good, and they are, but they are nothing more than stories for children. Stories of good vs evil where the heros prevail, sure there can be drama along the way, but If I want challenging films that make me question my world and reflect on myself I can find those without guys in capes.

Are we finally admitting that Xmen Apocalypse was peak Camp-kino and much better than Civil bore?

Trump is the ultimate soyboy. Old, balding sack of fat shit with tiny hands and a presumably tiny dick. Spends all of his time posting on Twitter like a teenage girl, and whines like a baby whenever anyone criticizes him. To top it off, he only has money because he inherited it from his dad. Jesus you people are pathetic. It's one thing to support him just because you hate minorities, but to actually act as if Trump is some kind of high testosterone alpha male god is ridiculous. You edgy teenagers need some better role models. Fuck

Never saw It, but I prefer the camp that was all of the og spider-man trilogy. As far as marvel studios goes, If they keep the jokes coming and keep it light hearted for the most part, ill keep watching untill avengers 4.then in a few years Ill show em to my kid just as ancient people told their young stories of great heroes.

Uhm no sweetie, he got a 1m loan from his dad and made into 2000.

You cant make 10k into 20 millions, or 1k into 2 millions.

Hell, most liberals actually got a big money loan and they wasted that money paying for a shitty liberal arts degree. So its kinda funny the "hurrdurr, daddy lend him 1m", when he made 2000 millions out of that loan, and you made a shitty degree out of it.

And yes, Trump is a bully turbo chad. Always was, always will be. You can literally imagine him punching some goofy nerds in a comedy film from the 80s, just by watching this picture.

>When Nolan made The Dark Knight Rises, every single character was an actual person. The sets were real. It was partially filmed on 65mm film.

And you get awful shots like the final confrontation between the cops and Bane's men in TDKR because of it.

Nolan can't write characters for shit. He hasn't made a film better than 5/10. Of course Marvel is still shit

We will never have something like this again.

Just CGI grapefruits.

lolfag

>grapefruit
Where the fuck does this idea come from? Have people never seen a goddamn grapefruit?

T.soyboy

The Dark Knight Rises is still far better than anything Marvel has put out except for Iron Man and Winter Soldier. People only gave Nolan shit because it didn't live up to The Dark Knight.

>T.

and yet Sup Forums consistently memes about how much money all these movies make
:^)

Better than the literally moronic acrobatics in MCU fights which makes it look like a dance.

He got a loan on top of daddy paying for school

They look better today and will so in 10 years compared to the airport scene. At least Nolan knows how maintain suspense and give an intense atmosphere to his action scenes despite the poor choreography.