Which The Wire character resembles you the most and why?

Which The Wire character resembles you the most and why?

For me, it's Cutty. Or as I like to call him, Cucky. It's because I also went to prison and my wife left me for another guy while I was in there. Well, at least she didn't fuck him until she divorced me.

Nah you're more like Fruit. Cause you're a fruit

McNulty, because I'm a sarcastic prick that is mildly amusing but still annoys everyone.

Bunk, because I'm a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick

I'd be the Harbor because nobody likes me

Ziggy because I'm an insecure fuck-up.

Stringer and Chris, i think sometimes its more Chris when im fucked up

The smart black kid. Who eventually turned to heroin. That was the saddest part of the Wire btw. Best show ever

What did you go to prison for?

He was almost destined to given his home life. Dookie was one sad, sad kid. Shame because he never had a chance.

I dont frequent Sup Forums that much, why is the wire almost never talked about here? You would think a show as great as this would still have some great discussion to this day.
also, rank your favorite season in order:
4 > 2 > 3 > 1 > 5

Same except I would switch 2 and 3

>Well, at least she didn't fuck him until she divorced me.
You honestly believe that, and even if it's true that's really nothing to be proud of.

Post your top 3 characters
Bodhie
Bubbles
Frank Sobotka

too many blacks

lestor's old partner that sleeps during his shift would be me if i was a cop

Slim Charles. Or atleast I was. Probably more like Cutty now that I got kids and shit. Game ain't in me no more.

McNulty, because I'm a smart ass, divorced, alcoholic.

Conspiracy to murder

>Well, at least she didn't fuck him until she divorced me.
believing what a woman says about her sex life

Im like a Monk. You know kinda liek a Capo.

One of the big guys but still gets his hands dirty by moving in the field. Setting up deals and reups.

Not some shitty corner boy.

I relate to McNulty. intelligent, nihilist with wicked sense of humor.

Did someone at least get it done and you wiggled your way down the severity ladder or did it all stop at the conspiracy bit?

because Sup Forums unironically ruined this board and we can't talk about shows with black people any more

Yes, someone got it done. I was the one who made the call about where the guy was at the certain time.

I'm that autist who started doing heroin in the ending

so, you're wallace then

I'm Marlo. I remind people they want it to be one way... But it's the other way

RIP wallace you respawned in some really fucking awful movies

boogie

You mean this board grew up and stopped unquestionably lapping up propaganda.

>tfw fellow conspiracy bro

I literally got caught on a wire tapped phone talking about moving high quantities of cocaine like in the show though, not murder. RICO got me three years in federal, got out after two years with my associates degree in crim, got my law degree after, and now work for one of the biggest law firms in the Southeastern US. Thanks "War On Drugs".

yeah sure, that's what I meant

you give yourself too much credit

I haven't watched it in years but I remember first thinking season 2 was really strange and so different to the others. The more I think back on it though the more I appreciate it.

way to re-enforce user's point retard

McNulty, because I'm an egoistical fuck who annoys most people, but I am good at what I do.

The Wire threads appear from time to time and are usually great. I remember it was discussed non-stop last summer/early fall and during the beginning of 2017.

McNulty, D'Angelo and Omar.

I'm currently rewatching the show and have been asking myself something for a few days. Why did Stringer Bell fuck up with Orlando? He was shown to be quite cautious throughout season 1, but he was really careless with killing Orlando.

I understand Avon and Stringer wanting to kill the guy, but why did Stringer decide to meet with him when he knew he didn't have that kind of cash and he talked with the cops. Even Avon told him he fucked up and acted careless.

Omar

because i'm a badass loner who everybody is afraid of

>at least she didn't fuck him until she divorced me.

Don't be this retarded.

Avon. I'm just a gangsta I suppose

nice

I'm not a nigga so I don't think I resemble anyone but I remember when I watched the Wire (like a decade ago, when it was actually running), I fucking loved Marlo's ending.

He won it all, he got out of prison, got what Stringer Bell wanted, but ended up going to a random corner, and it's the first time you actually see how he got to be the leader, because he was fucking ruthless. He takes their corner unarmed and smiles like a kid in a candy shop, because he is where he belongs - on the streets.

I fucking hated Omar, was ecstatic he got killed. Felt bad for D'Angelo.

Ronda. I can't resist the BBC.

Avon, because I'm just a gangster I suppose

You're all Ziggy

Stringer was not street smart the way Avon was. Just business and in that he got played too.

For me it’s McNulty – intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor.

probably nick because I'd get in way over my head

season 4 sucks fuck you

>muh Sup Forums bogeyman
its over for years and theres threads every week about it

>was not street smart
That does make sense.

stringer knew how the streets worked. He knew to deal with marlow you have to fight him using conventional gang tactics
meanwhile stringer is trying to get him into some business coop and control him through the flow of drugs. Marlow uses this to manoeuvre himself into a more powerful position. If they had clamped down hard on marlow from the get go like avon suggested he would have ran them off their corners

Always business baby

I wasn't being sarcastic there if that's what you thought and I do agree with your sentiment. Stringer was also a smart individual, but like his paper on which he got A- showed us, he was always a tiny bit behind the best and that cost him his life. He could have turned out to be like Prop Joe if he understood the game a bit more.

>And I'm not even Greek
truly

PANDEMIC PANDEMIC

>tfw shit is weak

shits weak everywhere bro.

a fiend gonna fiend

They let you study law in prison? That's a weird way of recruiting new lawyers.

Let's face it, in that world we'd all be Prezbo

Unironically me

Lads. I need a slap.

I've got the 5 seasons of the Wire sitting here. I've watched the first season 3 times because desu it's just a fucking brilliant story and great characters. Problem is, I can't start the 2nd season. I'm stuck 40 minutes through S2E1 and have been for 2 months. Because..

Season 2 just looks awful, and I really don't wanna spoil my love for this show. Ziggy is a fucking walking cliche and just oozes bad acting, the rest of the dock workers are faceless NPC's whose name I forget the moment they walk off screen. The other new black dudes are also faceless nobodies whose names don't matter, and the first 40 minutes of the episode is just a series of pointless conversations between faceless nobodies up until the point I wanna rewind the episode bevause it's all wooshed over my fucking head.

Please tell me it gets better. Otherwise I'll quit now

Slim Charles, because i'm a real nigga who doesn't fear death and lives by a code.

it's the best season, idiot.

2 is the best season you pleb, it's like a Shakespearian tragedy

Prop Joe, Bunk, Bodie

S2 is the best season my boy, you're simply not mentally equipped to comprehend the level of kino that season is putting forward, so you'll probably get bored for the first few episodes.

Ok ok. I'll stop being a retard. I knew I was being a retard I just needed someone else to say it.

.... fagort

AND ALL THE ANGELS SING
'BOUT JESUS' MIGHTY SWORD

AND THEY SHIELD YOU WITH THEIR WINGS
KEEP YOU CLOSE TO THE LOOHOHOHOORD

PAY NO HEED TO TEMPTATION
FOR HIS HANDS ARE SO COLD

YOU GOTTA KEEP THE DEVIL, WAAAAAY DOWN IN THE HOLE

YOU GOTTA KEEP THE DEVIL......

FUCK YOU

HE'S GOT THE FIRE AND THE FURY AT HIS COMMAND

i don't remember that version

YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY JUST HOLD ON TO JESUS'S HAND

Come on lad, it's the second one.

ive only seen season 1

Tommy Carcetti

I'm going through the show for the second time and I'm currently on season two, you better watch it with me or you gonna get got nigga.

>It's because I also went to prison and my wife left me for another guy while I was in there

are you black? was your ex-wife white?

And you are alsi faggit

I am mostly like Spiros Vondas

Holy shit dude , 2nd one is the best along with the 4th season

Frank
Slim Charles
Bodie

Who'd know better about the law system than a criminal?

Not him but 90% of my time in prison was spent studying law books, going to classes, and working out. The other 10% were jerking off and sleeping.

McAdultery

don't forget getting cornholed

Like Omar said, Lawyers are just criminals with briefcases instead of guns. Can you think of a better person to defend you or work on your case than a person who got caught and got to think for years everyday about how they could have not gotten caught?

>The prison rape meme

The only dudes getting fucked in federal prison are banging the female guards my friend. And there was a lot of that shit going on.

>tfw I got in tight with some of the super rich Cuban drug guys that got hit for drug conspiracy and I could get my dick sucked by a hot female guard in a storage closet three times a week because they pretty much owned her

I still remember her name too, Wendy Makovitch.

Is there anything more to being a lawyer, other than having good intel and knowing how to exploit law to your advantage? And yes, this is surely easier said than done.

GOT THAT WMD RIGHT CHEA RIGHT CHEA

Once you pass the bar if you're a good enough bullshitter and know the law you are guaranteed a good living as a lawyer. Hell, you don't even need to know the law that well if you hire good paralegals. Criminal law is for plebs though, corporate law is where it's at.

great choice, lad
2nd best character on the show

And how do you pass the bar exactly? You prove yourself as a guy who gets shit done or what?

Nah, you gotta study and actually learn the stuff.