Are the Thor movies good?

Are the Thor movies good?
Is Spiderman homecoming good?
I wanna watch capeshit, seen iron man and the avengers i think. Any recs?

>Are the Thor movies good?
skip to Thor 3 since other two movies are no longer character canon. Thor 3 is hella fun though.
>Is Spiderman homecoming good?
if youre not tired of Spiderman learning the ropes again and also dont mind him heavily relying on Ironman then its good

>seen iron man
Just stop there and you're good.

is iron man in that movie? because ironman is the only superhero movie i enjoy. kind of why i stomached the avengers which i hate.

thor 1 is good if you love quips, thor 2 is good if you like norse mythology, I have not seen 3

Spiderman homecoming is good if you want to see Iron man 4 featuring Iron man

honestly if i was to watch a spiderman movie id rather rewatch the ones with tobey mcguire. only good one imo. not 3 though.

he's in the film for probably 4 scenes. he appears every time Spiderman is in a jam.

Are you younger than 14 or do you have kids you want to watch a movie whtih (who are younger than 14)? Then it's alright otherwise stay far away from anything that has capes and/or is based on a comic book.

I think they cut out a lot of the learning the ropes shit that was in the first 2 origin movies, we don't see Peter testing his web shooter and going around new york making awkward landings, we don't have that cringe shot of him swinging through the ny streets with music and an american flag waving he get straight to the spiderman

im 14 and have 2 kids

>Thor 3 is hella fun though
This sort of gives you an idea of the type of person you need to be to enjoy Thor 3

Kill yourself faggot

Watch Captain America and Guardians of the Galaxy. The only consistent series in the MCU.

Do you really need advice on whether you should watch the most popular movies of the last decade? Watch them if you're curious, don't watch if your not. Just watch them based on when they were released.

Watch Winter Soldier, Civil War, homecoming and Thor Ragnarok

Bonus memes of good movies but not necessary are GotG 1 & 2 and Doctor Strange

>This weak criticism

Iron Man is not so heavily featured and you know that you faggot.

This guy must be a nu nigger

Homecoming gave me one of the worst second hand cringe of all movies, if you're susceptible to that, don't watch. Also, it's full of non-whites. bleh

Stay away from all those shitty DC movies and you should be fine.

Captain Kino trilogy is the best

I can tell you are a fucking loser

He's already seen them. Hes just desperate for attention and knows capeshit will get replies.

seen all but homecoming and thor rag because its in the movies now, unless theres a torrent i havent looked.

anything else?

I can tell you were born in the 90s

If you want to watch capeshit then there's not really any way to escape it, you should watch every single one in order so you can get familiar with the characters and story before infinity war comes out. If you don't give a fuck about about continuity and just want to watch enjoyable films, then you should watch:

>Iron Man 1
>Winter Soldier
>Guardians of the Galaxy 1
>Ragnarok
>Dr Strange (kinda, it's a novelty)

All other marvel films are pretty awful, with Homecoming being the worst in my opinion. If you want to watch DC too then I recommend Man of Steel which is basically a scifi action film about an alien race trying to destroy the planet, it's not your average capeshit.

guys, just stop fighting, i decited to just watch iron man again. goodnight xo

:^)

>Implying that this is a bad thing

Listen to this user, spiderman 1 and 2 with tobey maguire are near perfection

is xmen dc? i keep trying to watch xmen and it fucking sucks, i cant get into it. only good scene was the silver guy thats really fast.

>It's you who's out gobby
>Out of your mind

Its a very bad thing.

xmen is marvel and yes most xmen films have been shit. go watch Logan though, it's great

Nice autism you have there

oh yeah i forgot about that movie. ill watch that.
side post: is logan lucky any good?

penis

>Any recs?
watch all the phase 1 movies
phase 2:
IM3 and Thor 2 are... okay, not necessary.
Winter Soldier, GOTG, Age of Ultron and Ant-Man are essential.
phase 3:
Civil War, Doctor Strange, GOTG 2 and Thor Ragnarok are essential. Homecoming is optional.

ur a benis

Nice blog post

>Old man can't cope with the changing landscape of the internet and the world in general

cool Grahame

X2 was easily the best

How does you poor taste in film reflect the changing landscape of the internet?

sorry, what is phase 1 movies?

Iron Man 1, Incredible Hulk(optional), Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger, Avengers 1.

Thor 1 is a decent popcorn movie. In Thor 2 they tried too hard to get a more mature audience and failed. Thor 3 is an action comedy full of unfunny jokes.
Spidermanlet is also a unfunny comedy (a teenage comedy not an action one). The only thing barely watchable is the bad guy but probably thats because Keaton is the only actual actor of the whole main cast.

okay well ive downloaded thor 1, i hate teenagers so ill skip homecoming, and where does birdman sit in all this?

>I don't have the mental capacity to understand that cinematic preferences are subjective

It has nothing to do with anything.

isnt it a superhero movie?

Again, what does that have to do with changing landscape of the internet?

thor raknarok is the only marvel movie ive watched that i actually enjoyed

they fully embraced the fact that the movie is a comedy with it, and the jokes are actually funny, not the sarcastic ironic quip shit you get in regular marvshit

No it's an art film about a guy playing a superhero.

The only MCU entry with any kind of filmic merit is Captain America: First Avenger.

Obviously subjectivity isn't. I thought it was clear that I was referring to your point about being born in the 90's being a bad thing so you must be pretty assblasted that the generation of people who were born in the 90s taking a prominent role in shaping the landscape of the internet and popular culture is getting on your old frail nerves.

F A G G O T

sounds great. is it marvel?

I told you already. I think you're baiting me.

filmic merit? lmao, fuck off londoner. capt america sucks ass anyway. iron man is the only cool capeshit, apart from tobey mcguire spiderman. all else sux0rz.

antman was alright

> tfw really enjoyed the first two despite being flawed.
> tfw literally destroyed any possible chance of a good Thor movie using the mould of Thor 1-2 for MORE quipshit.

I only saw it because of the director, but fuck me i just want a weird as fuck nordic high fantasy setting.

i am :)
birdman was great though. do you agree?

Just read the comics.

Birdman is a good movie, actually way better than any Marlel one. Bonus point: there is Emma Stone in it.

>comics

But Thor is now female.

Why would you read those comics? Just read the Simonson stuff.

> :^)
I have the sensation that there is one single guy behind all this emoticons all across Sup Forums, it's been like a month...

Birdman is part of the Harvey Birdman cinematic universe, start by watching Birdman and the Galaxy Trio then Huckleberry Hound, Yogi and Boo-Boo Bear, and the episode where Space Ghost has the epic battle with Zorak where he almsot dies but manages to defeat him. Then the final boss of it is Magilla Gorilla so watch everything he's ever been in to understand the significance of the existential crisis Vulture goes through when finding out his nigger daughter is dating Peter Parker.

haha nice dude, 10/10
harvey birdman kicks ass.
yes emma stone is the best emma

Op here so i just started watching thor and what the FUCK is this? are they gods or man just thought them to be gods and really theyre just an advanced alien civ that protects people? i have no idea what this is supposed to be. how can they be an advances space faring civ but still dress and act like a medieval society?

Have you considered committing sudoku?

yeah lets travel the stars but still wear plate body armour and use a hammer. melee combat screams god like behaviour, not being a being of pure energy that can manupilate matter and influence beings with infinite intellect...fuck this gay shit. this is for neanderthals.

after watching 10 minutes of this movie, yes.

THEYRE ON HORSES!! WHAT THE FUCK MAN

You need to watch Deadpool. It's never mentioned amongs Marvel movies 'cause it's a completely different thing, but in my opinion it's one their best alongside Iron Man, the two Cap America's movies and Civil War.
Homecoming was the worst MCU film in my opinion. Thor movies are all pretty decent.
If you like the Tony Stark kind of character, you probably will enjoy Dr. Strange, good movie.

/thread

You're trying so hard to come across as an adult and all grown up. What age are you 15, 16. Don't worry you'll grow out of this phase of constantly trying to prove how adult you are and start to enjoy things more, unless your ae over the age of 20 in which case you have probably convinced yourself that the nonsense you spout is true.

>hating on 3
t. brainlets

>Any recs?
Guardians of the Galaxy.

Thor 1 is kino that is as good as Man of Steel, is directed by Kenneth Branagh, and had some good moments between Loki and Odin.

Thor 2 is eh but had two good moments with Loki. Also has an infinity stone. Other then that, can be skipped.

Eveybody loves thor 3 so you can watch that.

well thor 3 isnt out yet so i cant watch that, im watching thor 1 and its, okay

hang on why is he returning for natalie portman?

>Eveybody loves thor 3
Stop pretending this is true

It's made more money than both and has a higher reception, obviously 'everybody' is a hyperbole but you cannot deny that Thor 3 is more popular than theprevious movies.

Best superhero Movies are Nolan's Batman and Burton's Batman.

Also if you don't mind some more unconventional stuff try Super and Kickass.

As far as the current Marvel and DC universes go, I'd recommend: Winter Soldier and GOTG1 and no DC movies.

Oh I almost forgot there are a lot of good x men movies: xmen, xmen2, first class, days of future whatever, Logan, Deadpool.

Holy shit I forgot the origional Spiderman trilogy, there is so much more good capeshit than I expected.

Thor and company were originally created as the bona fide, literal Nordic Gods from mythology to one-up Hulk, "the strongest mortal". Basically, Stan Lee wondered how he could top The Hulk, who was the strongest mortal being in the Marvel universe and said to himself "Fuck it, I'll just create a Nordic God superhero."

However, this didn't go all too well, since over the years, society became a lot more PC and fanatical, so they couldn't use literal GODS in the Marvel comics anymore 8also, Hulk fanboys were extremely buttmad about Thor being the stronger character by canon). Solution: They now retconned the deity part and turned the Asgardians into very powerful aliens, who were kinda seen as gods, but really weren't.

As you can imagine, this is fucking confusing if you apply it to all Marvel comcis over the years and so, yeah, you're right to be confused, but Word of God (pun intended) is that they're ayyyliums.