How on earth could it lose to Moonlight?

How on earth could it lose to Moonlight?
Jesus, fuck.

>dude musicals lmao

blacked

Because it's not a very good movie.

dishonesty

It's pretty much perfect for what it's supposed to be.
And even if you don't agree with this, it's still a better film than Moonlight.

OPs pic looks classic as fuck

>a white couple struggling in hollywood
vs
>(gay) nog having nog problems

the question is, how could it not?

It's a screencap from the movie.

it wasn't "important" than moonlight

man that last fucking scene where she goes to his club

;_;

Wow really???

The Modern Academy is a bunch of Truffaut fuckboys, that's how.

Dishonest film making

They both suck in technical aspects of film making, but LaLaLand lacks social commentary and oppressed characters.

Because is was dishonest oscar bait garbage. Kys waifufag. Roberts is best Emma.

Political correctness. Everyone knows it. Moonlight was garbage. It's a joke now.

>They both suck in technical aspects of film making

No they don't. You don't even know what those are.

Upon rewatching everything over the course of the year on EINE CABLE the best picture of 2016 was clearly Hell or High Water.

Tom Hanks was great in Sully.

Tina Fey was great in Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

La La Land is about Hollywood, and bear in mind this was the year after #oscarssowhite. Giving it to LLL then taking it back and giving it to moonlight was public self-flaggelation from the academy.

>How on earth could it lose to Moonlight?
Pretty sure it won. I saw the speech and everything

Cancer.

>those continuous tears at the end

Hell or High Water comes after this

Please, feel free to elaborate on this.
Or just admit that you learned these catchphrases on Reddit.

>How on earth could it lose to Moonlight?

Neither of them should have won. They were both Oscar bait. La La Land was Hollywood brown nosing and Moonlight was black brown nosing.

Hell or high water was the better film anyway

It really is baffling that it didn't win anything that year.

I guessing its because it was too "manly".

Neither of them were really Oscar bait.

>Movies that fit Academy sensibilities automatically make it bad

>first 15 seconds of a movie set in LA
>traffic jam
what the fuck is wrong with liberals

>first 15 seconds of a movie set in LA
>movie starts
what the fuck is wrong with liberals

The protagonists are too white.

I REMEMBER THE DAY
I LEFT HIM AT A GREYHOUND STATION
BACK IN SANTA FÉ
fuck lads its so catchy, this film had me dancing around the house and singing like some fag

Who wants to tell him?

>Sebastian is a musician who specializes in one of the least-demanded genres on the market right now
>has a gig where the owner has made a very simple request for him to play Christmas songs
>he insists on breaking into a show-off solo and gets fired
>gets a gig in an 80's cover band
>stands around like a mopey jackass and complains
>could teach music theory or jazz ensemble at even the shittiest community college and still earn a living salary + benefits
>doesn't even entertain the idea
>his friend graciously lets him play keyboards on tour with him, he gets paid a large sum of money to play relatively simple shit
>complains that it's beneath him even though he's a literal who
>he is a 6 hour drive from San Jose, which still has a surprisingly thriving jazz scene
>insists on staying in LA where all that's in demand is synthpop and indie rock
>is constantly baffled that the record company isn't knocking down his door

People like Sebastian are a dime a dozen in the music scene and they get shit on the way he does in the film for a reason. Having talent doesn't mean you get to act like some holier-than-thou pole-smoker. He proves time and time again that he's uncooperative and pretentious, and he's just another one of those shitheads who thinks that their golden opportunity is going to be handed to them on a platter any day now.

If you show up to these lower-level gigs with a bad attitude and act like you're above it, then nobody is going to want to work with you. It doesn't matter how talented you are. The music market, especially piano, is flooded with people who are just as talented as you and if you are more of a problem than you're worth, then you will be replaced with someone of equal or greater talent without hesitation.

If you're a working musician, you do your job and check the show-off shit at the door unless it's specifically requested.

Are you trying to criticise the movie or explain it?
Because that's a good description of Sebastian, he's not a good or a wise man.

reddit

>"y-you're just a redditor!!"
post hidden

I felt the same way, most people disagreed though.

I honestly found Moonlight to be overwhelming, I was pretty hype after seeing the first trailer.

That’s because you are a fag.

What do you mean by overwhelming?

>oscar bait movie about poor gay nigger
>losing in current year
The oscar fags virtues signaled so people will look away from all the assaulting and raping of women and little boys they do

affirmative action

Yo mama is doing that for a long time lol!

Damn you showed him

Then don't act so surprised, dipshit.

yeah thats by far the best part of the movie, the alternate timeline sequence is so beautiful.

what?

Because the Baizuo Awards only care about muh diversity

>typical lib turning away from the truth
can't make it up

B u m p

Pretentious bullshit, for normies who projecting into the characters of this shitty movie

English, doc

>Movie about literal niggerfaggots
of course the SJWs will eat that shit up

What does it pretend to be?
It's pretty straight forward if you ask me

It didn’t.

Gosling talking about the jazz was cringe

I love La La Land so much that I really don't like talking about it. It's such an incredibly well made film. Like if you think about what seperates a movie from a play, it's the dynamism, the way you can direct the audiences attention to a specific moment or image. An in that, La La Land creates such fluid movements that go perfectly in sync with the music. It's like having the front row seat to the best play on earth and managing to catch every moment perfectly

Not to mention the story, I love Mia and Seb, I love that they're both wrong and they're both kind of happy at the end, but also clearly missing something vital in their lives and when they leave each other you know that's it, they're never going to be complete, but fuck, at least they made it a bit of the way there.

Man its so good

>Someone in the crowd
Is this song literally about jumping on the Weinsten's dick?

TURNEd it off after 5 minutes of singing white people love shitty gimmicky movies like this

Not sure if this is pasta, but i agree about the directing. The story however is pretty eh.
Movie is entirely carried by the direction, camera movements, coreography

Yeah, it should've lost to Manchester by the Sea.

Music is a gimmick?

muh Hollywood pandering musical
Moonlight was way better

what did you mean by this? you do realize la la land has racemixing garbage (not the first with chazelle flick btw)?

>visible Aztek in title card
This is why it lost

Wut

what the fuck is wrong with you

It just wasn't that good. I love musicals. You know what sucks. Musicals with shit musical numbers. I've seen this twice now and I can only recall one song from it, ONE. This movie is forgettable. The only thing it has going for it is the two leads. That isn't enough to save it though..

spotted the plebs

I know right, musicals shouldn't have songs that you actually enjoy in them. You don't actually need songs at all, as long as there is music in the background and people are talking it's still a musical right? I still think the best musical released in teh last few years has been Guardians of the Galaxy.

Internet high five bro!

>and the oscar for the best picture goes to - La La Land!
>no wait, that's too racist and white supremacist
>let's give it to Moonlight, guys, bcs its cast is hella diverse!

Literally what happened.

Pontiac fucking Aztek

Post musical kinos
>Dancer in the Dark
>Chicago

maybe he meant underwhelming but is retarded

Probably some guy who won Survior

Who was in the wrong here?

The director

>orangutan-7.jpg
>orangutan-7.png

what did he mean by this?