youtube.com/watch?v=LFTQcwgq4CY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=SAST6SgLmQg
youtube.com/watch?v=XiGwAvd5mvM
youtube.com/watch?v=L77BSBKvMJk
louistheroux.com/twelve-terrific-documentaries/
louistheroux.com/a-moment-for-television-documentaries/
youtu.be/Su67gOzFPQM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Loved The Thin Blue Line, need to watch this some time.

This is a documentary thread not a mockumentary thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=XD14OSmUniA

Empire of Dust

Ebin.

Kino.

David Lynch btw

What's that documentary where the rich guy fucks himself when he goes into the bathroom and doesn't realise his mic is still on and essentially confesses to murder? Not only once does he do this with a hot mic but twice.

The Jinx?

What's some more good operator shit?

>muh pointless war
>doesn't interview a single Soviet strategist or Indonesian commie hunter

yes

Sup Forums's thoughts on this one?

Guaranteed none of the allied troops get mentioned.

So much gold in this episode
youtu.be/_03QSlEGLec

Bingo

The Roosevelts by Ken Burns is pretty good, right up until it solely focuses on Franklin.

C'mon man it wasn't that bad.

>guys dogs interupt his suicide attempt by scratching at the door and showing "unconditional love"

I haven't even seen it but fuck communist scum and their naive western sympathizers.

It did a decent job of telling the story from both sides. Sure there was bleeding heart faggotry but the interviewed plenty of NVA guys who admitted they murdered a lot of people. So it wasn't completely one sided. Decent job of explaining the escalation politically as well.

You shouldn't post that user. Nothing causes more arguments on Sup Forums than a film that's really well made but also conflicts with Sup Forumsthink

Has some interesting takes on historic events, but overall its a piece of leftist anti-American trash that Oliver Stone made to support his own batshit crazy beliefs.

>they still didn't post Adam Curtis' movies

This.

Although I started watching the Putin interviews and they seem alright. Oliver Stone is crazy but sometimes he's on the money.

T
Herzog
E
R
O
U
X

yeah that didn't have a very happy ending

They did a movie about it this year.

It goes downhill after you realize that as a former KGB agent, Putin is a trained master in social manipulation. After that it becomes clearer that the man is actually blatantly lying/toying/ or distorting everything he says Oliver while Oliver sits there and tries to barely handle the ungodly 4-D chessing playing overmind that is an unfiltered Vladimir Putin.

everybody here laughs at this shit

youtube.com/watch?v=LFTQcwgq4CY

the black hawk down making of is better than the movie

probably because the movie is dog shit

Unlike ((Making a Murderer)) in which the filmmakers clearly had an agenda and to this ignored, and glanced over evidence to make it seem like he was completely innocent this one actually keeps you guessing until the end where he basically fucking confesses on cam

Really. Get the newest blu-ray rips though, since the older ones are disgusting 16:9 pans and scans. New ones use the core 4:3.

Had no interest in watching this, gf convinced me and I was hooked, great intro as well.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=SAST6SgLmQg

>David Lynch btw

No, it isn't.

youtube.com/watch?v=XiGwAvd5mvM

snowden is mai waifu

>Thiiiis!

You missed the point of Making a Murderer entirely.

Has anyone else here watched this?

I just looked it up, why is Lynch even on the poster?? He played zero part whatsoever, not even a producer..

The Fog of War is brilliant.

The Thin Red Line has brilliant fog.

x Presents is just a marketing thing

>make documentary about how cops plant evidence
>glance over the fact he burned a cat alive
>ignore evidence that couldn't have been planted such as the saliva sample found as well as the fact that the guy was calling up the woman's business and specifically asking for her to come
>ignore all the other evidence that was presented before court and claim that the reason the jury convicted was because of a "rouge" juror

they could have come out looking neutral if they accepted that yes, Avery probably did it but the cops may have planted evidence, but they decided to completely jump on one side.

Yeah. wasn't that impressed. it's fairly basic static landscape shots doc with some predictable social issue stuff thrown in at the end (which feels a little half-assed).

Every 5 minutes or so the narrator gives some poetic line readings about a dream he has and you see him hold a mirror to the landscape because apparently the metaphor for documentaries holding a mirror to society wasn't obvious enough.

I don't know your tolerance for that stuff but probably won't hold your attention for long to be quite honest.

This, making a murderer would have been documetary kino if they instead focused on his retarted nephew who got fucked over, instead, it's just too deceptive.
Anyone who actually gives a shit can look up the actual case against avery and see that he was guilty beyond reasonably doubt.

not gay but I'd totally fuck Snowden

absolute tenner

its like carl sagans cosmos but on earth

This

>le Sup Forumsbait chink propaganda meme documentary

>executing people trying to surrender
Fucking savages. Why weren't they brought to justice?

youtube.com/watch?v=L77BSBKvMJk

They omitted the part about the execution photo where the photographer asked them to do it outdoors to get a better (more controversial) shot

My favorite

A bunch of documentaries recommended by Louis Theroux:
Movies: louistheroux.com/twelve-terrific-documentaries/
TV: louistheroux.com/a-moment-for-television-documentaries/

Almost all of them I've seen and are great. Secret Rulers of the World especially is so overlooked.

Restrepo or Korengal

VERY good

>waifu
you do realize snowden is a weeb?

his antarctic one wasn't bad either

perfect enough to be my sissywife

rec me some war/military docs

like this

Fucking bullshit he didn't play the audio

Leftist trash

he regrets not doing it. says it was foolish of himself to let a gut reaction to get the better of him

I don't know what hearing the guy begging for his life and telling his gf to run away would have added to the movie.

it would've done better with the grizzly bear audience.

yeah to be honest it's pretty easy to imagine what it would sound like

You're either making a documentary or you're not. This is how Treadwell lived and listen to him as he died. The contrast between Treadwell talking about "Mr. Chocolate" like he's a fucking Teletubby and blathering about "protecting" the bears living on a nature preserve and him screaming for Amy to hit a bear with a frying pan as it dismembers him would seem to be pretty important to audiences building an opinion of this man, no?

you already get it though. you know he died and you know it was horrific by a second hand account you see unfolding in real time.

You don't need to make it into an audio snuff film that would've limited its distribution and stopped people from wanting to watch it.

>stopped people from wanting to watch it
Lmao. People love death

A WW2 must see.
youtu.be/Su67gOzFPQM

watched it like a month ago and desu i dont understand all the fuss...

>20:15
wtf

IMAX documentaries are usually short because the film reels are fucking massive and a bitch to maintain, clean and set up.

I'm sure you have an infinite insight into the economics of sub-sharan africa to see through this deceptive and shameless propaganda you fag

Love ken burns but was pretty disappointed by the way he glossed over the gulf of tonkin indecent

Who /keno/ ?