Alex Jones was in Waking Life and A Scanner Darkly

>Alex Jones was in Waking Life and A Scanner Darkly.
>A Ron Paul billboard was prominently displayed in Slacker.
Is Linklater /our_auteur/?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EN_VBc98dzg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Everybody Wants Some!! triggered Tumblr for literally no reason
Yes he is

I like him.

Or is it all part of a scam?

Alex Jones is a con artist and a fairly good actor.

Con artist? What?

too white?

I hope this post is ironic.

you're one of those insecure lefties that jokes about "le turning the frogs gay" in a backhand way to admit your an emasculate faggot and also deny it mockingly aren't you

Yeah but they're also both from Austin so dont give Linklater too much credit.

>mfw it wasn't ironic

Shadilay, my fellow Kekistani!

his films are shit though

They both are apart of austin counter culture.

Objectively false.

youtube.com/watch?v=EN_VBc98dzg

Kino

show me one film he made with an actual story where things happened

What a pleb critique

>where's the explosions and men wearing capes there's like nothing going on what's the point of this movie???

Dazed and Confused
Boyhood
Before Trilogy

are you retarded?

You are a hopeless pleb but his movies Tape, A Scanner Darkly, School of Rock, the shitty Bad News Bears remake, SubUrbia, Bernie, and The Newton Boys have very traditional narratives executed in non-traditional ways.

What happened with Boyhood? I've seen the Before trilogy, Waking Life and Tape and all of them have wonderful dialogue and tackle compelling issues. Boyhood was absolutely devoid of anything meaningful, the script was lazy as hell, the main character completely fails to grow and whines his way through the movie

while the idea of Boyhood was ultimately better than the execution, it has absolute value. My defense of the script is that it was authentic enough. The scene for example when they are like 14 and hanging out with older kids in that abandoned building. The older kids are clearly losers but they put on this air of superiority to the younger kids, and the younger kids for the most part buy into it. It's actually very cutting and realistic. I do agree that the first half of the movie is way better than the second, and it kind of loses itself beginning with the dark room scene.

oh sure he is
>boyhood had a part where they rip mccain's signs and vote for obama

Tape. You've probably never heard of it.

Did you miss the part where Linklater creates a mocking liberal caricature with the "Mamas for Obama" woman? And did you also miss the part where Ethan Hawke's character, who tells his kids to steal the McCain sign, is portrayed as an immature miscreant at that point? Did you miss the scene further in the movie where Ethan Hawke's character marries a Christian woman and has a baby with her, and completely turns around into a mature and stable father figure?

did you miss the part where people who don't vote for obama are portrayed as racist bigots?

I really liked that scene.

The filters, man! They're actually poisoning you and depriving you of precious fluoride!

Yes there was that other caricature. Both the McCain voter and the Obama voter were portrayed as negative caricatures.

Thats just central texas culture tbqh

the McCain one was a lot more meanspirited than the Obama one, wow she has a crush on Obama vs wow he's literally a racist

Even though Ethan Hawke is childish, his love of liberalism is genuine and not ironic though

Also..
>Since his early 20s, Linklater has been a vegetarian. In 2015, he explained the dietary lifestyle in a Boyhood-style documentary for PETA

>the McCain one was a lot more meanspirited
It was fucking hilarious
>You are trespassing and I could shoot you!
The Obama woman was cringeworthy.

that, plus Linklater was open about it being a feelgood movie about what a great time it was. the movie also btfo millenial neets and virgins who will never have the boomer college experience

also I didn't know about the PETA documentary. That kind of is unfortunate because PETA is a garbage-tier organization. But I read an interview he gave about Last Flag Flying and he talked about how his dad was in the Navy and how much respect he has for the military. He's pretty cool.