Marvel's top talent?

We all know Marvel has bled a lot of talent in the past few years. So, who do you think are Marvel's top talent now in terms of:

>Writing
>art

I can't even come up with a list at this point. As far as writing goes, I think Greg Pak and Cullen Bunn are pretty good, Gerry Duggan is okay too. As for art, I like Sorrentino, Acuna and Molina. But honestly, the talent at DC is much stronger at the moment.

Duggan
Ewing
Hastings
And they're all pretty mediocre

>writing
Ewing
Waid
Spencer
dare I say it, Bendis

>art
Sara Pichelli
Alex Ross

I forgot Ewing. Yeah, he's definitely up there.

spencer
kelly
hastings

I'm not big on the rest right now

as for art they still got their old stand bys they've had for literally decades

Say what you will about Spencer's SJW crap, he's actually a good writer. I mean, Frank Miller, Alan Moore and Morrison are all nutjobs in their own right, but they're still solid writers.

Yeah, I think I'm well within the consensus view here. Duggan, Ewing, Spencer. Joe Kelly's Spider-Man/Deadpool work is solid work. I would have said Waid during his Daredevil run, but he seems to be writing outside of his comfort zone right now and not doing his best work.

Champions might be one of the worst books coming from the big 2 right now.

>Few years ago they had Morrison, Millar, JMS, Ellis, Ennis and even the old good Bendis working at the same time
>Now Ewing is know as one of its top talents.

Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every Wednesday, I can feel New X-Men... and the Ultimate Universe... even Peter's Marriage. The comics I've lost... the writers I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past.

Pak is the blandest fuck in the industry.

>But honestly, the talent at DC is much stronger at the moment.
Not really, they're both infested with shitters and mediocre bores.

Say what you want about the writers but Marvel clearly have the better artists

Bendis is clearly bait. Spencer is shit. And, sadly, so is waid now. You cant read champions and thinks its acceptable. Maybe the avengers if we're generous but if that passes so do most of marvel's stuff.

Calm down tumblr

I'm already a marvel drone, Kaz.
WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Only if you're strictly looking at their Rebirth ongoings. Otherwise they have Tommy Lee Edwards, John Paul Leon, Fernando Blanco, Nick Derington, Bagenda and Doc Shaner. There are also of course Manapul, All Star Batman team(Jock, Tula Lotay, Rafa Albuquerque), Evely, Ferreyra...

Bendis used to be a comfy writer. Not good, but enjoyable. He still has good ideas from time to time. I think that it's the pace of his last lustrum works what is making him so annoying.

Marvel is just having Spencer do too much, he's harmless on small books like superior foes and the fix.

Did you seriously and unironically compare Spencer to Miller, Moore and Morrison?

fuck no, all you have to do is look at Green Arrow and realize every artist on that book is better than everything at Marvel except Rockafort

Only Ferreyra and Schmidt are good. The other fill ins have sucked ass.

Miller is a washed up nutjob. Dude hasn't done anything noteworthy in decades.

I assume this isn't judged on quality?

Aaron is clearly a part of the top set of writers, maybe even the top. Long term run on one of their IP's and is writing the main Star Wars books.

Slott and Wilson is there too.

Art wise; David Lopez, Camuncoli, Stegman, Del Mundo, Maleev, Dauterman (maybe my favourite artist at Marvel), and Deodato are probably in there.

Kenneth Rocafort is back in DC with Titans.

I thought Ross was freelance.