Best protagonist of 2010s

Best protagonist of 2010s

Dont try to debate

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0xPtSu9ei7d
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Jack has a "new" cartoon in the 2010s so he counts again.

Oh shit youre right. Never mind.

What an ugly pig nosed little faggot.

>Don't try to debate, because tou can easily prove me wrong and that would hurt my feelings
This isn't your safe space, fag.

They think every thread they make is their own personal safe space.

Uh...excuse me. I do not believe that that is correct.

Saged and reported

AH-CHOOO!

delete this

Literally the worst character in the show

He's not even the best character in his own show.

Fuck in that picture alone, he still gets last place for best character.

There are no good characters in that show

kill your self my dude

Ironic shitpost to make you feel as stupid as you are.

>If I post the same thing that has been posted two times already, I will feel smart

>If I spam the show that has five threads already people will like my show
Fuck off Steven fag

I'm not the Steven fag, but you're incredibly hypocritical to complain about a show which has a general while Jack is spammed in ten threads constantly throughout the board. Check the catalog and Jack is spammed all over.

kek

>shinji 2.0
>best protag

Get fucked OP.

Samurai Jack tried to get a general, but SU fags kept screeching about it, and there is ten times as much SU spam than jack threads

Jack is a good show, won't be on for long, and has shit worth discussing. It's a short ride people are excited for and Jack threads are going to come to a complete stop by the end of this year alone.

Steven has been on for nearly four years with literally no progression and at the rate of the hiatus, could go on for another four years despite people discussing absolute shit for the show, just bitching about townie episodes, filler, and no fight scenes.

Check the catalog, that is factually false.

Steven is secluded in a general. Jack is spammed annoyingly. You're just arguing Jack's case is okay because you like the show.

These would be DCEUfags.

SeeYour show is shut and hasn't done anything good in two years, while jack has been flawless so far. This is nothing compared to what you fags do every time a johny test tier episode comes out

I already said I'm not the SUfag. You okay there buddy? As far as I can tell as a catalog browser, Steven is contained to its general. That's what generals are for - to contain. As I see it, you Jack fags are the only ones polluting the board right now. You whine about SU doing it when a new episode comes out and yet you do the same.

>SU fags honestly believe this
You spam threads constantly even while you have a containment thread and shot up every thread that isn't yours. Literally worse than Sup Forums

Look, I don't watch SU or Jack so I admittedly don't know if Jack threads are spammed. But with the number of threads you have, put up with it or get a general. You guys are annoying enough that you deserve to get shot up.

Then you must be fucking blind. There are three SU threads outside of its General right now and each time Jack tried to get a general, you fags scream about it. As for the not SU thing, you're not fooling anyone

We had a general but SU fags spammed it until the point where it was deleted

I remember when Sup Forums had up to 27 Steven Universe threads. All stupid bullshit that could be condensed to one thread. When Samurai Jack has that many threads going at the same time then you can call it cancerous.

Because SU fags shit up the catalog even when there are no new episodes for months. Jack is only like this because we have 10 (Now 8) weeks left to enjoy it before the show is concluded and gone forever.

The board would be better off with neither.

>You're just arguing Jack's case is okay because you like the show.
No, Jack threads are just not cancerous. SU threads are bitching or bait threads. "How could Sugar let this happen!? (Image of shrinking Peridot)" "Why is Matt such a cuck!? (Image of Twitter comment with the Avengers and Male Gems bullshit)" "Why are the fights in this show so shit? (Image of Smoky Quartz with Jasper)" "Tell in without using Tumblr words why this show is bad", etc etc.

It's just rage-infested threads that people make for guaranteed (you)s. Jack at least has fun posting, some actual discussion, and is what classic Sup Forums is suppose to be. Not SU shit where people throw around the words Tumblr and phrases like Sugar went to CalArts to piss people off while moaning about townie episodes and off-model drawings.

>this nigger
you already did the same
You know people here don't like SU but yet you still spamed the fuck out that show
Jack deserve it because its great and also it has a short spawn.
SU? literally a zombie at this point

There's three fucking threads about SU right now outside the general that are all bait including this one.

The worst Jack ever gets to is Aku reaction image posting.

Finn from adventure time is better than this autistic cunt

>Jack deserve it because its great and also it has a short spawn.

fucking idiotic nigga, i could argue SU is great as well

>i could argue SU is great as well
you could but no one would believe you

>i could argue SU is great as well
I had a good chuckle. Not even a Jackfag.

Wrong. Your show is absolute shit since two years ago. Worse than spongebob

>is what classic Sup Forums is suppose to be
Spamming?

I love SU and all, but the 2010s are a LONG period of time. A lot needs to be considered before anything can be final. That said, i r8 8/8, nice originality, I can always appreciate this kind of quality.

SUfags and /sug/ in its entirety have to go back to /trash/ where they really belong.

Seriously, who the fuck gave them the right to stay here when they were kicked out of Sup Forums once.

Man, fuck these gay SJW mods.

I fucking love Glossaryk
Even his name is just nice to say

>you could but no one would believe you
>says this while simultaneously complaining about all the countless SU threads on Sup Forums

again i could call samurai jack mediocre (and to be honest, before this last episode it kind of was) does that mean people should stop making jack threads?

its pretty silly to argue:

>"shitposting is ok when its about my favorite show"

he is OK

I'll never understand why you people consider generals a solution to anything. Did /hsg/ teach you nothing? Generals aren't a containment, they're a blight, a cesspool of festering retardation brought on by the fact that they run out of things to talk about but keep going anyway.
>b-but muh ten threads every time an episode drops!
Yeah, that's how boards work. This is how boards have ALWAYS worked, especially in regards to something that's either popular or controversial. Threads spike when an episode is released and die off gradually, and I'd take genuine episodic discussion over a rolling general any fucking day.
>b-but muh bait threads!
You said it yourself, they're bait threads. Hide them, ignore them and, if you think they're bad enough, report them - just don't post in them.

Why not just ignore and hide the generals, then? There's no excuse to allow a board to be spammed.

Wander. Hes basically the better version of steven

>aku posting
>not "SCOTSMAN POSTIN' "

if we have the SUfags its because of the general , yes its containment garbage can but also attrack fleas.
For example i remember reading tumblr users that only got to that general and think Sup Forums is toxic for them.

Because then whenever you want to discuss the show you have to do it in the general, and I cannot overstate how bad generals actually are. They aren't good for discussion in the slightest, they're just cancerous hellholes complete with their own inane in-jokes and cabal of weirdos that would rather shitpost than talk because all discussion has long since been had.

>For example i remember reading tumblr users that only got to that general and think Sup Forums is toxic for them.
I'm 99% sure this is just shitposters looking for (and getting) a rise out of people, but maybe I'm wrong.

Last thread was hilarious.

>When Scotanon read the entire thread
vocaroo.com/i/s0xPtSu9ei7d

/thread

Finn is literally the worst protag of the 2010s

Source for this image please

Legitimately this

Finn's had some bad moments but I feel like Steven's gotten full on annoying most of the time now and is only watchable due to plot momentum

Also Finn's had probably the best character development of a protag since shit I don't know, Avatar TLA or something like that

I love SU and even i agree with that

Fun spamming and some discussion. Not baiting and bitching. Fucking newfag.

You can't do either because you'd be objectively wrong.

From an objective standpoint, people can critique Jack and Steven and say why one is very good at storytelling and why the other is a mess and a show that lacks serious director discipline. There is objective standards when it comes to storytelling and creating a show.

Literally the god of animation.

Finn's character development was terrible. He was rendered low by his own fetishistic take on his girlfriend and lame enemy going at it and dumped when she found out. Then he relapsed into obsession over a woman who's made clear she will not reciprocate his feelings and is pretty horrible in her own right. He never had a redemption swing, he just kind of went into a neutral state. It sucks and it's a big part of why people don't watch the show anymore.

>Lapis feet enjoyin'

Mah nigga

Friendly reminder

Fuckin rek'd

Here you go. It was on the val(You) menu.

>Steven Universe
I honestly can't tell if this is bait or if people just have dubious taste in protagonists.

His shit period didn't last very long at all, it was the subject of like 4 episodes then he got over it and acts more mature and not shitty in similar situations as the show goes on, he for sure had a redemption swing, it happened very slowly and organically and there wasn't just one episode going "LOOK HE DID IT HE IS GOOD AGAIN" because that would be stupid.

If anyone dropped the show it was because when Finn fucked up he was so hateable that everyone jumped ship and didn't stick around to see him get over it, which was actually pretty rewarding.

Wrong

I read it in his voice.

Since you're framing his resurgence as a curve, can you pick out some key points on it? All I can think about is how he cut Oorgalorg with the grass sword in a nothing fight that was supposed to be the culmination of earth's destruction arc.

There are dozens of threads for both. It's annoying as fuck and only gets a free pass because the mod likes the shows.

I guess things haven't changed much with the staff since the days when we had several Aku avatarfags going around shitting up threads.

And yet it's still better than SU fags spamming their shit. Compared to them it's like heaven.

It's amazing to me how worse the SU fandom is to mlp in every way. I thought ponies were autistic, then SU became a thing.

The mlp fanbase has become pretty mild over the years. The SU fanbase, however, seems to become exponentially worse overtime.

Me too.

>enjoys SU
>enjoys SJ
>apparently the fandoms don't get along on this board
Why can't people just enjoy things

Hm.
I consider his shit arc to basically be certain points from Frost and Fire (breakup ep) to Breezy (bee jizz ep) and everything after that to be the gradual upswing, so some things that show how he improved over time are
>meets his dad again, isn't filled with hate and wanting to murder him like he was in previous episode
>in the episode you mentioned (which I agree that fight was lame and Orgalorg was a huge chump) Finn talks about how living is about taking the good with the bad and he wants to live as a regular being and not ascend to whatever the fuck that comet was
>episode with Huntress Wizard, he gets rejected but handles it much better than past romantic failings where he essentially self destructed
>in numerous other episodes he questions how he treats other people, likely branching off of him still feeling bad about his breakup
>in Bun Bun he finally owns up to his mistake and apologizes to Flame Princess after a long period of avoiding her

It's mostly just stuff like that, little bits that add up over time. I feel like it's far from perfect but still probably the best development a protag has had in recent cartoons. The choice to make him so shit could be seen as very off putting but I feel like the handling of him overall made it sort of cool in the long run.

MLP's autism was already over by the time SU took up the torch, its much fresher in the mind.

I think it's mostly SU faggots crying about the SJ threads because they themselves are usually the target for derision around here.

I just can't see him as redeemed, these little bits and pieces are nothing next to the massively awful pile of waste his character plunged into. I'm not saying they couldn't have redeemed him, but I can say that they didn't.

almost in a "why are we confined to a general while they get multiple threads? >:(" sorta deal?

Is that because you think the actual thing he did was so awful or that his character just became very boring?

Because I'm pretty sure he more than made up for his mistake but if you just don't care about him then nothing can be done about that.

Pretty much. From what I can tell, most people think SJ was and is a pretty solid show, while SU has either devolved or was simply never good to begin with.

Simple. Their show isn't a shittily made, shittily animated, and shittily written piece of garbage.

SU isn't the least bit interesting to discuss.

To be fair most of the SJ threads I have seen are actual discussion about the show. While the majority of SU threads I see are mainly about who's best girl, waifuism, and other bullshit.

>most people think SJ was and is a pretty solid show
agreed
>SU has either devolved or was simply never good to begin with
SU has definitely slowed down

SU has to potential for decent discussion; but due to the execs blowing their load with bombs we've powered through too much content that unless there's actually a little plot development or lore drops the threads can very easily devolve into waifus and degeneracy. The unreliable airing schedule doesn't help SU either; while SJ gets the good 'old fashioned, reliable weekly airings save the one (1) month hiatus.

>Best ___ of 2010s
Whatever it is, the answer's going to be the same. I'll give you a hint: it's Samurai Jack

It's because on top of the awful thing he did, the writers compounded his fall with being made a cuckhold to a retarded pastry, becoming unbelievably pathetically obsessed with Bubblegum and withdrawing into himself, then coming out numb (dungeon train, pillow world), losing his arm the bee episode, the list just keeps going. Finn hasn't done nearly enough to overcome all of this. He's not as pathetic as he was when most people stopped watching, but I just can't look at him and think that he's something I want to root for. I just think of pic related.

>Dont try to debate
Then why even make the thread