So, this movie is well directed and written, well produced and shot beautifully

So, this movie is well directed and written, well produced and shot beautifully...

So tell me Sup Forums, why do you all hate it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NIg0OXKcynQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I thought it was great.

Great movie.

I was just curious if it was hated on here... It was REALLY well done, Sheridan is gonna have a great career as a director.

>that shootout

great

it had a similar plot to a longmire storyline

cuz the stuff that happen in the plot wasnt the stuff i wanted to happen in the plot

>well directed
>written
yep
>well produced
ok sure
>shot beautifully
damn. you were doing so well user.

It was probably the most anonymous, tv looking film released in cinemas this year

2nd favorite film of the year so far.
loved it.

>well written
>your lungs burst if you run in the snow

it was great

>why do you all hate it?
>one person meme
Well there are worse ways of starting a thread.
I just mainly disliked how on the nose "poor indians" tripe was. They repeatedly try to hammer you with it by just telling you everything, culminating with finnish flag guy. Okay movie overall.
I still don't know if that shootout was great or just retarded. Is this how people act when they get shot from close distance wearing the west?

what's number one?

that's true though... My mom grew up in Bozeman MT.

We would go visit in the winter and if it was below 20 she wouldn't let us out for this reason.

bullshit

Does your mom think people who do winter sports breathe air from a radiator?

Not much use of the visual medium really.

You don't do winter sports if it's 20 below zero. Go stand outside in 20 below weather for five minutes and see how you feel.

good time

Didn't hate it, but It was essentially an episode of Longmire or Justified stretched out to two hours with slightly better photography and music. Cliche'd out the ass, full of some really bad wannabe Elmore Leonard dialogue choices I 100% attribute to Taylor Sheridan's lack of writing talent (look at Sicario, the script is absolutely horrendous). It's not a bad movie, maybe a 6/10, but completely and utterly forgettable aside from a few cursory scenes (Elizabeth Olsen's bubble butt being one). Taylor Sheridan is not the next big thing at all, he's barely worth the time I took to write this post.

1. It was produced by The Weinsteins
2. Harvey Weinstein is a rapist
Therefore if you enjoyed this movie, you support rape.

It was pretty good. But Renner was such an overpowered self insert
>I'm really sad because I have a troubled past
>But I'm also an expert marksman
>And even though I'm white, the native American people accept me because I'm so in touch with nature
>I know you're in love with me FBI agent but I'm just too cool and respect you too much
>But watch me save your life while you and all your cop buddies get BTFO
>Pssht nothing personal kid

>below 20

>20 below zero

???

delete this post and save yourself the embarrassment.

I backpacked around the Wind River Range twice before, absolutely beautiful area. They did a pretty good job capturing the area and making references to what's around. Really brought me back

t. european faggot
learn English before coming to this site, please.

>>the native American people accept me because I'm so in touch with nature
It's mainly because he married an Indian woman. Not everyone even accepts him, remember those nigger-indinans in the police car?

>"below 20" is the same as "20 below zero"

omg I get chills just from remembering it.

kino

That scene in the police car was the most blatant example of "if I reference the flaw/trope/easy criticism of the writing, then it's immune to that criticism"

wait, you're the same retard who thinks they accept him because he's into nature and not because he had a native wife and half native daughter? yea, i'll take your word for it, pal.

You have to know about a movie to hate it and nobody gives a shit about that turd.

If you want to discuss a movie then just do so. Accusing an entire board of hating something to generate discussion is just retarded.

It was not made by Weinstein.

The film was already made when Weinstein picked it up for distribution.

Not an argument. Also
>almost all of Renner's dialogue is about hunting
>he's clearly on insanely good terms with missing girl's parents despite being separated from his wife for a while now
>his ex wife married him in the first place
I was somewhat memeing in the beginning. But you're blind if you think Renner wasn't a Gary Stu.
Name one flaw his character had (and a depressing back story isn't a flaw). Or better yet, name one time he made a mistake or had to be saved

You're right. I never thought of it that way. You changed my mind.

1. Wind River was picked up for distribution by The Weinsteins
2. Harvey Weinstein is a rapist
Therefore, if you enjoyed this movie, you support rape.

shh, most people here don't know the difference between production and distribution companies
which is why you get threads hailing A24 as "making pure kino"

That's a pretty sound argument, shit. Can we petition Hollywood to stop producing Sheridan's scripts since he clearly has no problem working with rapists and is probably a rapist himself?

>shh
lol is this post satire?

shh

Because it's not good film. Watch more films.

Yes, we can and should, even if it means literally all of Hollywood goes down in flames.

>that tagline

Makes absolutely no sense out of context.

How did you avoid getting raped and killed by the Department of Energy?

This film was crying out for Villeneuve and Deakins.

>>almost all of Renner's dialogue is about hunting
No it's not, the only place where this is even remotely apparent is when they talk in the hospital and he draws the comparison about that she wasn't lucky to survive because wolf don't hunt unlucky deer but week ones. He has more stories about his daughter than hunting and he visibly indifferent to it anyway, it's just a job for him.
>>>he's clearly on insanely good terms with missing girl's parents despite being separated from his wife for a while now
Because he hugged him they're on a good terms?
user, they both lost daughters practically in the same way, of course he would be the only one to understand the guy and provoke an emotional response when he came to them
>>>his ex wife married him in the first place
What does that mean, why wouldn't she marry him? Because he's white she wouldn't had married him is that what you're implying?
You're still memeing.

>Department of Energy
What you mean?

All the dudes who were in on the rape/murder were Department of Energy employees.

Jon Bernthal suddenly showing up and acting exactly like he does in every role was a bit jarring. I expected him to win that fight against his buds, honestly.

>"she was dating a white guy"
>it's Jon Bernthal
Fucking lol'd so hard

ever heard of mountaineering?

Thought it was one of the best films this year. The only issue I had was the shit at the end about how many native American women go missing. Took away from the story imo.

oh ya lol. They were on snowmobiles trying to rape me, worse than bears man

terrible actor, could have been way better.

i feel like renier character was written for an older person, like a stalone or jeff bridges again

renier have no range like berenthal he is playing the same guy everytime.

Olsen was Ok, maybe jennifer lawrence would have been better.

in the end it's an ok movie

>no response to Renner being a Gary Stu

How do you imagine people die in the cold?

It was one of the best of the year.

How do you?

>The only issue I had was the shit at the end about how many native American women go missing. Took away from the story imo.

How can it take away from the story, if its literally the last frames of the film?

You Americans really hate the natives dont you?

>jennifer lawrence would have been better.
that already exists. it's called Winter's Bone

I liked it but it felt too short and pointless

>cheesy dialogue
>poor visuals
I liked the build up for the shootout I guess, it’s a sort of good but not great movie

The lead up to the shoot out was insane. When that deputy starts freaking about the guy flanking them, made it feel so real, since most other shows don’t have characters with that kind of awareness shown to the audience.

>Winter's Bone

is it good ?

Uhh.. we loved it. Snowkino at its finest.

youtube.com/watch?v=NIg0OXKcynQ

many people say it's a white guilt movie and therefore bad, so you don't speak for everyone

Yeah it was a good movie but the photography didn’t impress me. Beautiful landscape shots but that’s cheating. Cinematography is more than just aiming your lens at things that are already good looking.