I am writing a tv show with the main idea that everybody above the age of 16 just dissapears off the face of earth...

I am writing a tv show with the main idea that everybody above the age of 16 just dissapears off the face of earth. Has anything similar been done before?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2qvsbHlgNjM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tribe_(TV_series)
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ThereAreNoAdults
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Leftovers
Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius

Yes

YES

It's a book called "Shade's Children" by Garth Nix. Look it up.

Lord of the flies

Star Trek did it in the 60's.
Bonk bonk

Found the pedophile with the underdeveloped social skills.

I wouldn't say that's exactly the same.

Ed, Edd, and Eddy

the tribe

>90919830
effectively Night of the comet

I just wanted to point out that this doesn't mean you shouldn't continue with your show. People love tropes like this time and time again, so keep it up!

Wait. Jimmy fucking neutron did it too?
Ok i'm off to kms.

GONE by Michael Grant

Logan's Run to some extent

Thanks for the wholesome post user.
Will do if i somehow get the motivation to continue.
Who knows, maybe my show will be one day remembered as a genius reimagining of jimmy neutron.

There was a Netflix show with that same premise just a year or two back.

reminds me of the 100, but not exactly the same

sounds like a dog shit concept though, mostly because teenage actors are horrible and kid actors are even worse

True. Name one (1) movie where the child actor/s were even remotely good.

My sister used to read these books where everyone above a certain age (I think 16 or 15 was the cutoff) died to a virus.

Called Fireus or something I can’t remember. Your idea isn’t original, and sounds like a pedo fantasy or something.

It even had Tinder in it.

Although, I suppose the movie was just a commentary on thoughts that led to things like the "Don't trust anyone over 30" saying that was popular at the time. Life ended at 30 back then, now 70 year olds post skydiving pictures on instagram, so things are different

has anyone made a show about a nihilistic decadant godless society where radiation-exposed mind-reading insects telepathically influence humans into helping them to destroy a hivemind lake that grows when people drink its water and where the hero dies by launching multiple nuclear missiles on his own country because it has become too powerful and where the rest of humanity tries to pick up the pieces but everyone still dies anyway ?

Well, no but it can be pieced together using three other shows/movies.
Is originality ded?

You're only 50 years too late

Basically that's the pitch of Gone by Michael Grant, except that it's everyone above age 15 that disappears. And there's a dome above them. And spooky monsters too.

If i cut the spoopy monsters and the ebil goverment dome will it be original enough?

Many great tv shows start with an unoriginal yet interesting single idea, then build a nice story from there. It really depends on your ability to make most aspects of your story entertaining in some way.

Just what is that dog planning

The pic is actually eerily similar to my dod. I am scared.

I can't remember - does Agutter get naked in this?

Any other germans here remember a show on KiKa (children's TV channel) that had a premise like that? I think in that show adults basically didn't exist and teenagers lived in some kind of weird societies or something.

My memory is very hazy on that and I don't even remember the name otherwise I would look it up.

you gotta realize almost every idea in all creative fields has been thought of before, actually I'm sure there's some theory that describes this phenomenon, its the execution that matters, but do you really want to write YA shit? I can't remember any YA works that I unironically enjoy without nostalgia tint.

The Tribe, a New Zealand scifi tv series. Well, the adults die, they don't disappear.

youtube.com/watch?v=2qvsbHlgNjM

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tribe_(TV_series)

Yeah, for me its nostalgia too, but i don't want it to be only for the YA demographic, like the lord of the flies. It would have some more ">dude thats deep bro" and violence.
Alltough maybe that would just attract the edgy teens.

>Ryan wishes that all the grown-ups and teenagers in the world would simply disappear—and suddenly, his wish comes true! It's party time for Ryan and all his friends, until they discover there's a fly in the ointment—the moment anyone turns 13, they suddenly vanish!

very nice

Looks like a pedo fanfic.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ThereAreNoAdults

BRUH LOOK AT THIS DOOD

WAIT TIL YOU SEE THE...

OH NO NO NO NO
HUAUAHAHA

*INHALES*

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

So all the children that need assistance, quadriplegic, retarded, etc, will die because there is no doctors to attend them?
nice

a world where every thread on Sup Forums is capeshit? how terrible...

the opposite would be more interesting

Also, Jeremiah.

Though the adults didn't disappear but died to a virus.