Danny Rand is now Asian

>Danny Rand is now Asian
>Asian Parents, Asian Friends
>Goes to Asian Country to Learn Asian Fighting
>Returns to Asian Friends and Family
Where is the outsider complex?

they should have made it a chinese guy who crashes in texas and trains himself in using a gun

their whole chance to do something like that fell apart when they decided to cast a paki as davos, which means kun lun is already multiracial

It could work with an Asian American that never knew shit about his culture claiming it back.

As mentioned, it's pointless since they're all multi-racial in K'un-L'un.

Obviously it's where he was raised in America as a wealthy fortunate-son who never knew conflict or hardship.

I mean, the demand for him to be Asian is fucking retarded, but it's not like it would ruin the intrinsic story there.

The outsider complex only works if we have any goddamn scenes in kun lun that establish what life for him was like there. We just see him meditating on that cliff, a brief flash of him getting hit with sticks as a child, and and the scene where he wakes up after the trial.

He is never seen with more than 2 people in any of the kun lun scenes, and we have no real sense of what the place is like besides "just imagine a Himalayan monastery but kinda sweet."

The original argument from that Nerds of Color fellow was Asian American, I guess a couple generations removed from that cultural heritage, going back to reclaim it. And you've gotta admit, none of the pussy faggot professional bloggers would care about the fight chorepgraphy or the pacing if Marlel had just given them what they want.

The way in which an argument I would accept from some marginalized person can quickly morph into a socially acceptable anti-white cudgel triggers me.

This. We never even got the impression in the show that there was a real "outsider" conflict with him and the people in K'un-L'un beyond one offhand comment from Davos.

he's not asian asian

Racial diversity is more important than characterization and consistency to the source material. According the journalists and SJWs anyways.

He....hello guys remember me? Y..you want an asian superhero..five minutes on google will show you me...g...guys?

Are there reverse weebs like this? I have never seen one

Do we all agree that Netflix Colleen Wing is better than comic Colleen Wing?

I mean being more interesting than a Marvel Redhead isn't hard at all, but it's still worth noting.

Yes.

God bless them.

They are Westaboos, and MGS creator Hideo Kojima is one of them.

I don't see any reason to make the meachums asian, but I was thinking about how this show would be different if Danny and his mum and dad were asain.

Davos is clearly not asian, hes born in kun'lun and still calls danny an outsider, it wasn't cos danny wasnt asian it was because he wasn't born there. So in that regard, he could have still been asian.

It would have made it even more harsh when he argued with joy and ward at the billionares club and she said something along the lines of your not one of us.

Would have really made it feel like danny didn't belong.

So this is set in 2016 and Danny is about 25-26. Plane crashed at 10 and away for 15 more years.

In 1990 there were plenty of successful asian entrepenours in the US, new york too. Theres no reason Dannys dad couldn't have been asian and partnered up with Harold.
I hate what marvels done with the PC stuff replacing old loved heroes with straight up PoC but this is the MCU, it can be different. If Danny was asian it wouldn't have affected the story at all hell it may have made his outsiderness back in NY even stronger and how he felt attached to colleen cos shes asian.

Before seeing it I laughed at the idea of making him asain but now iv watched it all, they could have done it easy.

Bruce Lee?
He already had his movies.

See You fucking faggot. The Master of Kung Fu in Marvel IS Asian. Just use him. There is no fucking need to make Iron Fist asian and anyone saying so is a dumbass casual that can't even use google and should just walk off a bridge.

>Where is the outsider complex?

Make him a fourth-gen banana that doesn't speak the language and whose parents don't speak the language and whose grandparents only kinda spoke the language. Make it so the most Chinese meal he's had is Orange Chicken. Make it so his mom doesn't care if he gets middling grades.

they wont use shang-chi

hes litterally just bruce lee and was retconned to be slightly more individual later

you must be joking

shang-chi at most may be a supporting character somewhere down the line, nothing more, he cant carry shit and is no where near as well known or fleshed out

They could easily do a hero for hire show. The character being popular should have fuck all with people wanting representation.

>trips of truth
>dubs
Preach my brother

>kung fu can only be mastered by chinks
>being asian somehow makes the story better
>americans and europeans have been traveling to asian countries and schooling them at their own martial arts
Don't buy into the sjw hate they're just triggered for the sake of being triggered.

Look at the roster of people they already have.

Theres still no reason Danny woudlnt have been fine as an asian in the MCU. It woudln't have changed anything.

Then why do you keep insisting on him being asian if it "wouldn't change anything?"

The character is white. Get over it. Changing the race for the sake of changing it is dumb af. I'd never demand Luke Cage be changed into a white guy.

>Theres still no reason Danny woudlnt have been fine as an asian in the MCU.
Oh but there's the whole Danny isn't fucking asian thing we can just ignore for teh sake of inclusion amarite? Your argument can literally be turned around about him being white, it adds nothing to the story except the racist connotation. Fuck off.

I'm not demanding or insisting that he should have been, I'm saying that the way the did the show nothing would have changed if he was asain, thats it. The nerds who complained he would no longer be an outsider before the show came out (myself included) when SJW were saying he should be asian have nothing to stand on.

And the people wanting him to be Asian have nothing to stand on. Shang Chi is THE Kung Fu Master in the MU. If people want an asian character they can use him. Changing Iron Fist for no reason at all would not in any way help the characterization. The character already exist and is the way he is.

Don't fix what isn't broken.

No one here, except brought up another asian character they could adapt. I guarantee you none of you faggot sjw limp dicked women's studies dipshits who are harping about diversity know any asian character off the top of your head without google. I'm not even a fucking marvel fan and find this argument idiotic.

Why are voices like this always drowned out by insipid ones crying "m-muh diversity".

they are two different characters tho, i dont really see how bringing shang-chi into this is relevant.

I got zero interest in watching a 12 episode series about fucking shang chi

Iron Fist though has a lot more to work with and the reason people would like an asian is because we don't see many asians with lead roles and if danny in this netflix mcu universe was asian it wouldnt have changed anything in the show in fact i think it would have show the divide between him and the meachums even more.

I mean, even in the comics, there are other white people in K'un Lun, hell the guy who looks like Cobra Commander was Orson Randall's father.

>he's not popular right now so I don't want him! I want the popular hero to be asian!

You sound like a child. Heroes for Hire could easily be made into a 13 episode series. Just cause you don't know anything about a character does not make them uninteresting.

in the last 10 years shang chi has only really had minor roles in crossovers.

hes irrelevant

not interesting

no one wants to see Bruce Lee: A marvel Story

I would love to see Shang Chi wooping ass and taking names. Especially with Danny and DD being around. Let them both step to him and get slapped the fuck down.

Again you retards are claiming this change is something I want and demand, all I have been arguing is that he could have been asian in this interpetation of him and it would have been fine.

You've just all credibility. No one gave a shit about Iron Man before the movies, no one knew who Falcon, Black Widow, Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy or even Ant-Man was until the movie. You're just a pissed off sjw faggot who doesn't even know WHY he's arguing. Go play in traffic with matches. I'm done here.

>Let them both step to him and get slapped the fuck down.
I would literally pay for the entire episode, I got a few hundred grand to spare.

But it wouldn't have been true to the creator's vision and that is in itself disrespectful if it adds nothing to the story.

Tell you what, you make an asian character you are proud of and see him finally get popular only for them to change him to a white guy and see how that makes you feel.

Ignoring all the SJW bitching, Iron Fist simply wasn't very good.

Assuming it was a Shang-Chi series with... I dunno, Donny Yen or somebody, I have to imagine the creative team still would have turned in shitty product.

Posting some Westaboo fanartists.

Ricken (DC fag, mainly into Legion of Super Heroes and Young Justice)

I think she deleted her more shotacon work after she got some work from DC.

SEN (obsessed with Billy Bastion and his family)

*Batson

Gashi Gashi (who likes cartoons)

One of the coolest things about Danny is him and Luke are best friends and it shows that race shouldn't be a barrier.

An asian guy and a black guy being bffs doesnt have the same impact.

Asians and Blacks hate each other just as much if not more though.

But asians arent known for enslaving blacks and no one thinks of asians when they discuss racism against blacks.

>cast an Indian as someone from a magic Himalayan buddhist monastery
I don't really see the issue here. Indians have been in that region for thousands of years and invented the religion. That's about as un-egregious as racebending gets.

Not actual Texas tho.

MAGIC Texas.

New Mexico?