And the Academy Award for Best Picture goes to

>And the Academy Award for Best Picture goes to...

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-get-out-race-horror-sundance-jordan-peele-1485477812-htmlstory.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

damn why white bpl stealz our ozcars and sheeeeeeeeeeeeit

oscar so white dayum

It’s nominated in best comedy ( there’s like two jokes in the movie) it’s a pretty good indicator that they wanted to give this an oscar, but certainly not best movie, so they put it in some random category.
It’ll win best comedy, it’s already written

Beat comedy isn't a category for the Oscar's. That's golden globes

it's my current film of the year

>pretending that it's not a great film just because black people enjoy it

>pretending it's good because some braindead redditors thought it was 'so smart xd'

>omg guys, you know what's really scary? Social commentary you guys.
>muh new Kunta Kinte

Not him but I saw the movie expecting it to be overrated (although I was initially very hyped when the original trailer dropped) and I ended up being blown away by it. Best horror film of the decade.

If this piece of shit wins best picture I am fucking done.

The fact that the hack of a director actually thinks it's a horror film is comedy gold.

There's objective points to be praised about it, you make it sound like everything that is considered good has no reason behind it other than popular opinion, you idiot.

what about 12 Years A Slave?

>you make it sound like everything that is considered good has no reason behind it other than popular opinion, you idiot.
Nowadays? Pretty much yeah
you can be ostracized and called racist simply for being indifferent to this flick

Goddamn this thread is pathetic. Why are modern day racists so insecure? Are black people really so threatening to you that you can't even admit one movie is good? How embarrassing.
nice straw man you literal child

Insecurity is making an entire movie portraying white people awkwardly trying to be nice as psychotic murderers. Peele is a typical mulatto who desperately wants to prove his #wokeness because he is uncomfortable about having a white parent and a jewish wife.

The Post will win, it's too obvious.

>he doesn't understand the film
it was pretty straightforward user...

And it deserves it

Name other 2017 movie that should get best picture instead?

Yeah I get it bringing up Obama to try and relate with a black person is basically a lynching. Truly Jim Crow never ended and we need to resist Drumpfs Amerikkka etc...

The point of the film is that racism and alienation doesn't always come from a place of hate, and it's a metaphor for the common act of white people wanting and trying to be black and fetishizing black people instead of just treating them like you and me.
>inb4 but le blacks want special treatment
Black people aren't a collective hivemind moron.

>It Follows
>Babadook
Nah. Especially since there wasn't much actual horror to it, it was more a thriller imo

it follows and babdook are thrillers too. babadook sucks btw.

Jesse Williams, Kaep, Talcum X... they're all compensating.

>It Follows
No way. Great concept, god awful execution. Babadook is definitely a competitor though.

pretending its not a ripoff of the skeleton key

but blacks are a hive mind and do want special treatment, blackness is identity to them and as long as they attach meaning to it what you say is irrelevant. And the film could have just said “welfare is racist and infantalizing”

Logan

right up until Xavier was killed maybe

not to all of us, but enough of us to make your observation accurate

People hate injustice. It's just in our DNA. Niggers get free shit for being niggers, people simply do not want to stand for such evil.

>it follows and babdook are thrillers too
lol

What didn't you like about the execution? I thought it had one of the best atmospheres of any horror movie I've seen. Babadook was fucking terrifying though, it started off so generic but then completely subverted every expectation I had. Those two are my favorite horrors since the descent, which is a true 10/10 imo

I can't wait till this movie doesn't win shit and It becomes a "it's because the director was black" issue

> “For while when we had a black president, we were living in this post-racial lie,” he added. “The idea of, ‘We’re past it – we’re past it all!’ For me, and for many people out there – as all black people know – there’s racism. I experience it on an everyday basis. This movie was meant to reveal that there’s this monster of racism lurking underneath some of these seemingly innocent conversations and situations.”
latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-get-out-race-horror-sundance-jordan-peele-1485477812-htmlstory.html

>Black people aren't a collective hivemind

Then how do you explain the Congressional Black Caucus™ that represents the Black Community™ by supporting the NAACP™ who promote Black Leaders™ like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Henry Louis Gates , Tavis Smiley and Ta Nahesi Coates?

When you constantly promote Blackness™ as an identity don’t be surprised when people treat you as Black™

It was slow and boring and totally forgettable beyond a few moments. I wasn't scared at all, and for a subject that should be tense, there was only one seen that had any tension at all (in the house). The ending was some scooby doo shit. Also I couldn't tell you anything about the characters (granted I saw it once when it came out, but still). Good soundtrack though.
Babadook was genuinely scary, it was the first film in a long time to freak me out. I've seen it a ton and it's just as good with each viewing.

So he wants white peoples to stop existing? I don’t see how white people can bend over backwards any further.

Are you fucking insane? It Follows is technically amazing. From the cinematography to sound design.
What turns most people off is the concept, because normies are dumb and superficial, "a ghost std? lmao"

>So he wants white peoples to stop existing

Yes. If you follow progressive logic there is no room for white people to exist. For example if white people move out of an area that is #whiteflight but if whites people move back that’s #gentrification, if white people aren’t familiar with minority culture they’re being #non-inclusive but if white people do use minority culture that’s #culturalappropriation. There is no winning in this game and the only way for white people to appease (((progressives))) is by destroying themselves and their identity.

The moral of the movie is a good one

>if you are not ready to give the arm, do not give the inch

And it's also funny because it's criticism against communists rather than fascists.

i couldn't make it passed the closeup interracial make-out in front of the po-po

>closeup interracial make-out in front of the po-po

powerful and brave

Are you from the US? What you say is true, but it's really only a mentality shared by people here. It's because we're so isolated from the rest of the world, people don't travel frequently enough. If you go anywhere in the world outside of the USA and partake in another culture, the locals will almost always be excited to see it happen. I've been to Japan, Korea, Germany, lots of places in SEA and I've only been met with warmth when I wanted to experience the culture, even though I only speak English.

It's just people here that are so culturally unaware of the rest of the world that bitch about appropriation. In that way, SJW's and the far right are more alike than they think, because they both carry such ignorance about people outside of their own country.

Sound design yes, but sound design doeŁn't make a fucking movie lol. Cinematography was good but not amazing at all. And no, the concept was great, but the editing, the writing, and the acting were dogshit.

Yes I am a burger but unfortunately the SJW mentality is common among Western Europeans as well. This is because progressivism is about deconstructing Western civilization to make room for the New World Order of global monoculture. I know I’m going full Sup Forums but you have to wonder what all this “progress” is moving toward and there is every indication that it is globalism. The debate for people who are paying attention is whether globalization is a good thing and not whether it’s actually happening because it clearly is. As you point out though Asians are less cuckolded than Westerners and I’m glad that the “baizuo” meme is starting to spread.

They almost never give an oscar to horror movies.

It was one of the best films of the year, but won't win anything significant.

An Oscar is not a barometer of quality.