DCEU General

I was thinking about Superman's soldiers and JL. I have a suspicion that originally evil Superman was going to last longer and that the terrorists that Wonder Woman foils in the beginning were going to become the soldiers. They would flock to evil resurrected Superman and do whatever he and Steppenwolf wanted.

That's assuming they were going to explore the Knightmare concept further. It would have been interesting to follow and another exploration of the way real people would react to superheroes

IIRC we were meant to get two more Knightmare scenes in Justice League

One is a vision from Cyborg, the other when Superman returns and fights Steppenwolf.

doesn't make any sense to try to connect content like that when JL doesn't have the inner connectivity that BvS did

to say those guys would join superman is a complete assumption, in BvS luthor, a powerful ceo, uses private military (think blackwater) to carry out his will

if superman had others under him in the same way, it would be an all out private deathsquad, just as batman automatically becomes the leader of an insurgency

all of which get shadowed by the swarming parademons from a power above, a power higher than all of them

The use of dreams in relation to darkseid is what's important, the fact that he only seems to manifest in overwhelming visions of extreme decay. Otherwise, the social structures are the same, they're simply being compared and contrasted against each other

Someday...

I mean yeah it's an assumption because I am speculating on intentions behind fragments of a story. But it just seemed to me that the scene with the terrorists could have had larger intentions than just being random evil people

fuck that
they should make a petition for the release of the original terrio JLp1 script.
who knows if they'll release the pre reshoot snyder cut

it would've been too soon to go that route. Superman should first be established as universally loved by the people of Earth, which they didn't do(a 5 minute montage is not enough).

in JL in general there were two sequences based around following boxes, the briefcase bomb and the amazon mother box. its more likely that this connects back to batman's dream of the kryptonite

disregarding BvS, the briefcase and the motherbox tie into each other by being uses of power. the terrorists try to unleash that power in self disintegration to kill and 'overpower' others through fear. Steppenwolf seeks to use the power of the motherbox to similarly put others under himself "power is the only law". That terrorist attack and the final steppenwolf fight are connected, just not with snyder's usual finesse. Wonder Woman saving the people by using herself as a shield, protecting them from death ties into the JL shield logo and snyder's intent overall

if anything, i'd say that they were hinting at darkseid being some sort of higher manifesting entity that causes the population to disintegrate as he approaches. chaos, entropy, death manifest until he completely consumes a planet in his personal presence

>Superman should first be established as universally loved by the people of Earth
fuck no

that would be horrifying to me, just to have that image on screen regardless of the IP character used to depict the scenario

NO ONE is universally loved. The only person who seeks universal love in JL is Steppenwolf, and he's not asking for it

>DCEU
non exist ant

Though I hate that Lois was the key in JL, it does tell me that DC are still interested in bringing out Darkseid.

Cos if Flash never told Bruce that shit, then Injustice timeline comes into play rather than the JL one. I just hope to God that they build up to it for fucks sake

Dude the DCEU is dead, just accept it and leave it be. Marvel destroyed your ass, nobody likes Batman and Superman anymore and your tentpole film literlly bombed. Fuck off.

then Superman turning evil would be meaningless since the people of Earth are expecting it already.

It's on Injustice which they plan to do. They're also planning the part where superman burns people's foreheads to make them behave I'm not sure if they'll put that concept in the Injustice bit though.

>people of Earth are expecting it already.
glossing over the connection between fear and expectations

the point was always about focusing on all the power superman has, and that no individual could or should have that power. In BvS the point made between him and lois is that what gives him strength isn't his power, but his willingness to continue on in the face of tragedy, his faith to simply do what he can. He can't control everything, neither should he try to, but in seeking connection with others he can have a positive effect on humanity

for him to literally have a connection to every individual on earth would be absurd, and the deleted scene of him looking for martha makes this absurdity clear by taking it all the way. The distinction between what is and isn't evil is made through lex luthor, who flaunts his own power by killing people at will for his own egoistic ends

So lex outwitted god and put him in the ground

but how does he plan to outwit the devil?
what's up with those three dots on the back of his head....knowledge without power is paradoxical

Who wants to see villains and heroes team up against darkseid?

Why didn't Steppenwolf look like this in Justice League?

watered down pandering took over staying true to your guns

the concept art of justice league gives steppenwolf and the parademons a very strong hr giger type vibe, with the connection between them and their technology being more overt visually while being a bigger part of the movie in general.
they backed off from the presentation as much as could in JL

interestingly, concept art for suicide squad had a version of steppenwolf that was more like a dmt entity that departed completely from the comics

>when the pg13 henchmen bad guys are holding airsoft g36Ks
I hate this meme

This is terrible, this theory. Are you trolling?