Can't act

>Can't act
>Can't do Kung Fu
>nothing special in the looks department
>Not even one of (((them)))
Why did they cast him as Iron Fist? I cannot think of a solitary reason

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/on-demand/0/iron-fist-star-finn-jones-does-feel-worlds-hated-superhero/
youtube.com/watch?v=SbI_04n3lLU
youtube.com/watch?v=v_6B3mW5lMM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunlun_Mountains
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>I cannot think
No you can't, go back to Sup Forums where people have your opinions pregurgitated for you

There are plenty of potential reasons. Even if he is not one of (((((them))))), connections play a large role for literally everyone in the business.

Because GOT is popular

and he was the cheapest actor whose character was killed off?

>parentheses meme
Go away

>(((them)))

I'll just let you draw your own conclusions from this pic.

telegraph.co.uk/on-demand/0/iron-fist-star-finn-jones-does-feel-worlds-hated-superhero/

>>"Well, here's the situation", he begins, explaining that he only had three weeks to train before filming. "Unfortunately, with the filming schedule, I wasn't given as much time as I would have liked to continue the training.Shooting for 12 or 14 hours a day took its toll. I was learning those fight scenes just 15 minutes before we shot them, because that was the schedule... It would be 2am, 3am, I'd just done a long day of work, and usually the stunt department would come up and say "Hey, right, we've got this huge 30 person fight and you've got to learn it right now. So I was learning it on the spot, within 15-20 minutes, and then shooting it. That was the reality for six months."

so it was management fucking up, then?

Game of Thrones hype.

he's just not used to the schedule, a lot of american sets are run the same way. 14 to 16 hour shoots. Cable and network run same way and only difference is usually quality of sets and stuff like that.

Work for an HBO show and they'll built entire cities to shoot in etc.

Episode count probably varies too that way.

He went from premium cable that had a longer shoot schedule, less episodes, more prep to netflix which is running its ship like a network from sounds of it.

He and that chink girl made a cute couple.

Hollywood owes him for playing a gay guy that gets buttfucked and degraded on TV world wide

Game of Thrones is 10 episodes a season which isn't that much less than Iron Fist's 12.

I don't know why he was "Training" to begin with. You don't need to know how to fight to do a fight scene, you just need to remember the dance choreography

The only real difference I see is this is really his first combat oriented role and usually actors with pedigrees will have a lot of training over the years, so maybe its just an experience problem?

I mean his first gig was in 09' and none of his roles outside of GoT involved any kind of athleticism.

They probably wanted a guy that can act and figured they could work the rest out.

>Can kinda act.
>Can do Kung Fu.
>People think he's pretty hot.
>Is not one of (((them)))
Why did they waste Adkins in Doctor Strange?

Finn should have been in Doctor Strange and Adkins in Iron Fist.

Not to mention the dudes related to Weyoun. Seriously, look at the ear lobes. Is there any doubt?

Ever hear or use the phrase "Whose dick do I have to suck around here?" ?

He found out who.

forgot pic

I honestly think him and Ward were they best part of the show

Which is like saying you found an unopened candy bar in a dumpster

He looks like an MMA champ. He doesn't look like he was trained by mountain faggot kung fu monks, he looks like he singlehandedly kicked all their asses.

Which is a good thing.
youtube.com/watch?v=SbI_04n3lLU

Jesus

well why would they do that???

It's about correctly mimicking the form. You can memorize the choreography, but without the proper training the execution will look like shit.

I feel bad for this guy. The schedule screwed him and then the race controversy fucked the reviews. Hopefully he'll be better in Defenders.

Hopefully they fire everyone who wrote and directed it and just do a Heroes For Hire show

yeah but to make realistic kung fu you need to be supremely flexible and have good body awareness, this nigga couldn't even get into full lotus position while sitting on the ground. They shoulda got someone else

If Luke and Danny work well on Defenders, it will wipe out problems IF was given.

Even though guy from Marco Polo doesn't have a lot of charisma, I liked his execution of Kung Fu

Who's the guy from Marco Polo?

youtube.com/watch?v=v_6B3mW5lMM

Jesus, they let anyone be a model these days.

I agree he was completely wasted on Dr Strange(although it was cool to see him in a AAA movie), he's one of my favorite actors for keeping the fight scene alive but i think he should have been the antagonist in IF if anything. Too old to be Danny coming back from K'un L'un and doesn't really look like him either.

I don't mind Finn, he should have been given more time to get in shape and train, and even then they should have had the mask(or something like it like DD S1) so he could be replaced by a stunt actor for fight scenes.

Pretty sure that's not real modeling. Those rags have a long tradition of baiting, Out magazine being the most amusing for its endless parade of straight dudes juxtaposed with OUT in 200-point font.

He's 40, yeah, but could easily pass for early 30's, which could still work considering the age groups in the Marvel TV shows.

Imo at the end of the day there's no hiding an actor's age. They already cast Luke Cage and Misty Knight as weirdly old, i don't even want to see Danny/Misty get together on screen(even though i love them in the comics)because she's 7 years older than Finn for some fucking reason.

His character didn't feature that heavily throughout each season.

It's irrelevant anyway. You don't give someone 15 minutes to learn fight choreography at 2am and expect good results. That's just poor management from the production team.

I recall there being a bunch of rumours a while ago that the stunt people hated working with Finn because he refused to practice his choreography.

I thought it was BS at the time, but after seeing those lazy as fuck scenes, I've got the slightest feeling that those rumours just might have been true.

At least it makes more sense than that management (who for some weird reason manage to make every other actor's fighting not look like complete horseshit including when they fought with Danny) was the ones who fucked up.

I hope he gets the boot from TD and they give the role to someone who is in suit the entire show.

Defenders already started filming ages ago

They can CGI it. I trust in the Hollywood Jews.

>it makes more sense that low-level workers would endanger their careers by talking smack about a production and it's star than that studio management might be dumb
>pretending the other fights weren't slow and uninspired too

He looks the part though, slender, blonde(ish), young. Now the writers just have to add his sense of humour and friendship with Luke Cage.

They just finished the other day.

This makes the decision to not use the costume even more bizzare. With the mask on they can swap in a stuntman much more convincinglyh.

Who's "them"?

You literally cant point to a single instance or frame where it looks like the shit youre regurgitating from critic sites. Fuck off.

you wouldn't understand
it's a monk thing

Oh shit, the stuntman who played the previous iron fist uploaded a behind the scenes pic of the costume and the mask looks 10/10, it even has the white eyes

Their priority should be getting Danny wearing this ASAP considering how hated his show was fanservice can only be a good thing at this point. Anybody who still gives a shit about netflix Danny is probably already a fan of the character so there's no point easing normies into the costume. Just have the guy that made DD his costume make Danny sonething based off Danny's description of traditional K'un L'un garb in like episode 3 of Defenders

It's not hated at all. Most fans are liking it.

I said in my post that the only people that like it are the fans so they might as well cut to the chase with the costume. Google "Iron Fist" real quick and tell me people aren't hating this show though.

Oh you think what the critics say matters. How cute.

I was looking so forward to this show. I've enjoyed almost any comic relating media lately. I put myself through bad acting like all those CW shows... Iron Fist is my least favorite and I used to want to be him when I was a kid.

Couldn't matter less to me personally i enjoyed the show for what it was but if you aren't expecting Marvel to react to all the negativity then you're naive as hell. I'm not even sure at this point he's going to be getting sequel seasons

Well there's a new comic tomorrow so i'm pretty excited for that, his current costume is GOAT and the art is good. Honestly i thought the show was better than CW stuff or at least around that level

>Most fans are liking it.
I think thats the biggest problem with all the marvel stuff, no matter how poorly edited any thing is, they will love it
> we live in a world where someone can make 56 cuts in a 20 second fight scene and people will love it

Oh no! Some people like stuff you don't like!
They must be stupid or wrong.
Because you're always right.

Just watch the first 3 episodes, the only complain to me is that he should speak with chinese accent, part of the plot is horrible and these 2 are the worst in the serie, also the fight scene in the ring with chink girl is horrible

Ward becomes pretty entertaining when it all comes tumbling down.

I really hope that, because I didn't h8 a character in the screen that way in long time

K'un Lun isn't chinese.

He learn mandarin there, I think they said that in the first episode, I know is some atral whatever, never read about Iron Fist just saw the guy in few crossovers

That hate goes on to fuel schadenfreude.

management fucked up production schedule, your 'rumors' are bs. That's only shit I'm seeing.

Ward is best boy, and Danny's one true friend I don't enjoy your bullying of him user.

He is not only cute, but also perfect.

Most of ward's shitty behavior can be traced back to his Goliath dick of a father.

once he got out of his shadow he became the friend danny wanted and helped save his life and clear his name when he had no reason to, if anything he had more reason to keep his head down.

Basically, this. He's pretty cute.

He tried to have Danny killed twice and midway through the season is revealed to have been embezzling millions of dollars from their fathers' company for years.

>Not even one of (((them)))
Not gonna lie, you got a good laugh out of me.

Not to defend the guy, because essentially the woman who plays Sara gets the same kind of 'training' and less of a budget at the CW than Netflix has to spend on these in conjunction with Disney dollars, and she fights weekly and does it well, as do most of the people who do hand to hand on the CW.

HBO does spend more money, not just on cash, but they have longer shooting schedules. They might do a long day, but they would certainly have time for retakes and fake stuntmen and other stuff to make the fight look good (the way Zach spent tons of cash to make the Batfleck fight look video game good in BvS).

>danny getting his ass kicked by some random big arab
>somehow the fight just happens to coincidentally get the chemist stabbed through a retarded string of choreography
Fuck this show is pissing me off

i'm reading reviews and everyone is talking about how horrible and boring ward was but he was actually probably the best written character in the show. i know tastes differ but he had the only complete character arc in the season and he won me over with his snarky bullshit.

also finn jones did a good job despite the script being pretty subpar. i can't help but notice he has a unique voice when he does an american accent, perfect for voice acting.

>but he was actually probably the best written character in the show
Says a lot about the show then. I only watched 4 episodes and he's boring and uninteresting and his actor is terrible.

You don't get it user.
He has been used to promote degeneracy, he gets a hollywood temporary pass now.

Next up is him in drag or getting blacked, or the ultimate sacrifice for his career; to do something in real life that will destroy him like adopting and ending his family line or thinning his blood with race mixing. Or some stupid anti-american shit.

He gets better.

Netflix recommended Into the Badlands while I was watching this, and it really drove home how lackluster the fights in Iron Fist are. If what Finn is saying is true and he had only three weeks of prep time I feel bad for him, but I have no idea why the producers didn't choose someone with a martial arts background already if they were under such tight time constraints. Christ, they could've just picked one of the Power Ranger actors and the fight scenes would have probably been better.

I hope that Finn gets a shitload more training time in for season 2.

>tfw no Iron Fist S2 where Ward becomes the new Iron Fist

At least he had a more believable American accent than Charlie Cox

I hope season 2 has a completely different fucking crew. The directory, the choreographer, whoever picks the fucking music. They all need to go.

Who would you have cast?

He was like 10 when the plane crashed. Why would he have an accent?

Wards also a rich white male. That's boring enough.

That's not a good thing, he should've had an accent.

Sup Forums hates this show now? I thought the board was 50/50 on it

anyway I loved finn as danny and I hope a season 2 will improve on all the problems season 1 had

everyone hates it, normalfags and autists alike
this show is a fail

>MMA
Biggest try hards on Earth.

Scott Adkins, Liam Hemsworth, fucking Tyler Perrry would do a better Iron Fist

shut the fuck up scumbag

The only one who liked it where people who liked it because SJW hated the show because he had a white male protagonist. Now they probably found a new thing to be triggered about.

Meh. It's ok. During the day its mostly kids, autist and autistic kids who post.

Nigga
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunlun_Mountains

>inb4 Tibet isn't China
Xinjiang it

Because when you spend lots of years without talk your language you get accent, it happens always, happens to me when I stay in a different region of my country for more than a month, just figure 15 years

lol

keep watching, ward went from extremely annoying to best part of the show for me.

colleen is a cutie, but can't act for shit. plot only gets interesting towards the end, but desu the hand is the most interesting part of the show.