Genocidal Alien invader declares he will make the entire human species suffer as he takes them all from Superman...

>genocidal Alien invader declares he will make the entire human species suffer as he takes them all from Superman, one by one
>gets even more powerful as time passes and he absorbs more sunlight
>learned how to fly and mastered his senses in a day while Clark took an entire lifetime to do so
>proceeds to attack superman, superman can barely keep up
>this is the first time superman's ever been tested
>alien invader could take over the earth and commit human genocide in a day if he wanted
>superman sees no alternative then to kill him, before Zod reaches a power that he won't be able to top
>'OH MY GOD NOT MY SUPERMAN HOW DARE HE KILL ZOD EVEN THOUGH CHRISTOPHER REEVES SUPERMAN KILLS ZOD BRUTALLY BUT DOES SO WITH A SMILE ON HIS FACE'

Superman in Man of steel literally did nothing wrong. Why are mouse shills and the 'not muh superman' fags so autistic?

youtube.com/watch?v=6qaK0tW1APY

I never understood this. As a non comicbook reader. To me that was the only way to stop him. I guess they wanted supes to quid him into submission

Because they're fucking retards

Superman fucking sucks, deal with it.

So do lasers lock your eyes in place or something? Why didn't Zod just look to the right and barbecue that family

What a good looking man.

>ITT: DChads build a straw man and then destroy it
What a wonderful use of the board.

People who get mad at him for killing Zod are drooling retards

Severe case of "Muh".

You'll think I'm joking, but I saw the movie a week before it was out, in a pre-release session for fans in Brazil. I shit you not, when Zod was killed, a guy said very loudly (not screaming, but he was loud) "O Superman não faria isso" which translates to "Superman wouldn't do that". The whole audience shushed him, but it was a perfect example of what a huge part of the worldwide viewers would think a week later.

My theory is that, in a way, the huge success of Reeve's Superman movies - 1 and 2, cause barely anyone cares about 3 and 4 - made entire generations think Superman was just that. They didn't realize, but many became fans of Reeve, but not fans of Superman, if it makes sense, so they'll never accept different versions of the character.

In all DCEU movies, Superman has to move his head to move the laser when they become huge beams. They also show it's painful, a hard thing to pull off, in MoS and BvS. Superman was holding Zod's head in place, so maybe he couldn't move the beams by just looking to the side.

>it's a man of steel thread

a laser labotomy would have been more appropriate, turning zod into a husk but not killing him, this would make sense of why doomsday would be literal retarded monster as seen in BvS.

It would also give some more leverage that the people he just save from zod would be afraid of superman even more than the we miss that unstoppable alien god as seen in JL

Because Superman doesn't kill. Him killing Zod means he should kill Lex. There's no logical reason for a Superman capable of killing Zod to leave Lex alive.

I really really wish they made Lex President in this universe. It would have been really nice to see Superman having to deal with that.

But that's fucked up

additionally what would have made the snap neck scene more resonating, is if they had a scene with pa kent having to kill a farm pet as it was injured. With Clarke questioning, we could have waited. then pa kent saying "He was in pain, there was no kinder choice" with that soft piano music

superman's one of the best comic book characters to exist. He's the OG capekino king.

Red son superman was a fan of the lobotomy.

He stopped Lex without killing him, he knows he can stop him anytimre and that he has the chance to be redeemed.

Zod was beyond redemption and uncontrollable.

Why didn't he just out the whole world in a bottle

I don't get that argument. Killing a wounded animal is mercy for that animal. Killing Zod was anything but that. It'd make more sense if you were killing a rabid dog about to attack a child but even then that dog had no more control over his actions.

Zod was fully aware of his actions throughout.

Thank god you're not a writer. That would make no sense, because Zod wasn't killed because he was in pain, he was killed because he was out of control, beyond the point of reasoning and getting stronger every second.

>D-DADDY!

>Superman in Man of steel literally did nothing wrong. Why are mouse shills and the 'not muh superman' fags so autistic?
those who complain about it are children. im not even trying to enrage them. if he remains without kills in the comic it is because is not opposed with someone of his power level or above. in all other cases the author ass pulls him winning in a different way.

someone like zod as he was portrayed in MoS has to be killed obviously. Superman did EVERYTHING right.

I have a problem with the scene because its portrayed like I should be shocked that Superman took a life, but there isn't a point in the movie that points out that he is strongly against killing. Its almost like i'm suppose to be thinking about comicbook superman when he snaps zod neck, but the issue is that Snyder Superman isn't comicbook superman so the entire scene comes off empty to me.

>he was killed because he was out of control, beyond the point of reasoning
So ol' yeller a dog instead

I'm not gay, but I want to kiss him, anyone else?

people still don't think man of steel is the best cape movie ever.
>mfw

I think only mommyposting is allowed on Sup Forums but I'm not sure

>I have a problem with the scene because its portrayed like I should be shocked that Superman took a life, but there isn't a point in the movie that points out that he is strongly against killing. Its almost like i'm suppose to be thinking about comicbook superman when he snaps zod neck, but the issue is that Snyder Superman isn't comicbook superman so the entire scene comes off empty to me.

i wasnt shocked. but the emotions cavill conveyed making us see how much it took for him to kill zod are touching. maybe you are a robot. have you checked?

Your argument here actually has merit. Snyder expects us to understand the context of Superman killing Zod to be extremely impactful, trying to convey Superman's frustration and grief of having to kill his own kind, but this angle wasn't developed enough in the movie for this payoff, so the scene may seem as if Zod's death is for shock value.

Unfortunately , most mouse fags or other plebs who shit on man of steel just complain about 'not muh superman' and the fact that he killed Zod.

It is. DC has such a great base for their EU, now its all fucking ruined just becaue they wanted to catch up with MCEU. Fuck this shit

'tell that to Zod's snapped neck!'
>mfw

That still wouldn't be a perfect set up, because, like the other guy said, Zod made a conscious decision to use his immense and growing power to kill. A rabid dog would just be a sick animal. The fact Zod chose to kill, stated multiple times he would continue to kill and was about to kill a family is what made Clark kill him. If they had a rabid dog getting killed scene, it'd diminish the impact of Superman's final choice, you'd think he'd be always willing to kill, when that's not the case. It was supposed to be a hard choice that Superman wasn't prepared for.

Why did Zod want Earth to be more like Krypton when it will do nothing but make their race painfully average?

Why didn't a space-faring civilization like Krypton just colonize planets that have yellow suns to create a race of SSJ Kryptonians?

In time, they'll join us in the Sun.

Everything in the movie is about sacrifices Clark has to make and his father constantly reminding him he cannot saved everyone even up to the stop invincible son moment.

The one thing that is never in question throughout the film is his morality. It didn't come as a shock to you maybe due to the overall tone of the film but it was. There's nothing in the film that indicates for a second he's fine killing or seeing people die.

They stopped colonization efforts after some time, for unstated reasons, according to Jor-El's ship hologram.

>implying yellow sun planets are overly abundant
>implying that you can terraform any planet to become a habitable world
>implying Zod, who was bred with the specific purpose of order and prosperity, would want an entire race of demi-gods who could challenge him and risk destroying the planet whenever they wanted

I hope this is bait.

And that's what irks me. Many people say it's justified because he had no choice but he had a choice and that was to kill Zod. I personally don't think it's a choice Superman would make but I get in the film why this version did. But they should at least acknowledge it was his choice.

>lol why did he scream after killing zod?
I fucking hate women.

Why the fuck would he want supermen running all over the place? Look how much fucking trouble Clark caused for him.

I just thought it was pathetic that he screamed like a little bitch after he killed Zod. It was the opposite of character development, where instead of having him somberly reflect on his responsibilities as a protector of Earth forcing him to take drastic actions, he cries like a little baby man.

Justice League was supposed to be that moment. Then Tsujihara butchered it for his bonus

isn't it implied that it's incredibly painful and would take years to fully adapt

he was faced with having to murder the last of his race, when he had just discovered his alien heritage, thus making the choice of killing all that remained of his identity, of any semblance of connection with his kryptonian roots. Also, his whole life he had restrained himself (even so far as to let his father die to keep his secret) but he was backed into a corner and had to use his powers to take a life.

you know MOS is true capekino when plebs can't into character development and the main arc of the clark kent/kal el persona goes over their head.

he just killed the last(to his knowledge) member of his species

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

He killed the last known living member of his race, he did an unspeakable act according to how he was raised. Honestly, I felt it was a good scene.

What I love about the movie is that it's ambitious, specially for its genre.

has nothing to do with comics, just that the way snyder did it, it was half baked and not earned. OP is spinning it in a way snyder should have done it, not how he actually did it. Think about it, how long was superman actually superman before he fought Zod? A few hours? If snyder spent more time establishing that Superman was actually a savior that humanity needed/appreciated rather than beating you over your head with ((((((SUBTLE)))))))) symbology, maybe him killing Zod would have had the impact he wanted

OH YEAH, I LOVE INTENT ESPECIALLY WHEN IT TURNS OUT TO BE A HUGE MASSIVE FAILURE

k

He just destroyed his Kryptonian heritage and betrayed his human one.

A more experienced Superman would never have killed Zod. That entire film Clark is trying to figure out who or what to be. If he was ever going to kill this could be the only time for him to do it. Snyder was smart enough to recognize that.

?

I think it's a great movie, the fact it's ambitious is what made it so compelling to me. I'd probsbly only change one or two scenes, the invincible son scene and the military drone scene.

faora is alive tho

Bingo.

Because Lex can be detained, and was detained until he escaped.
There is no known way of detaining Zod, and failing to do so would have resulted in immense casualties. It's not a difficult concept, user.

>A more experienced Superman would never have killed Zod.
that wouldn't have mattered, Zod would have been the first actual case where he had no choice but to kill, giving it more impact

Tell that to Zod's snapped neck.

Not necessarily, but either way, she's not eveven in their dimension anymore, with no way of coming back.

The more I've thought about it, the more I've come to think of pic-related not just as a pleb filter but a sign saying, "Fanboys not Allowed Beyond This Point."

This is Superman without the power fantasy. He's an actual character instead of the Mary Sue image, and he has to make difficult choices.

But it does matter it's the same reason this inexperienced Superman fought the entire battle in Metropolis. Look at BVS where the first thing he does is lead Doomsday away from the populated city.

This is what I'm saying when experience matters even to superman. This situation with the family wouldn't have even been possible if Clark was a seasoned Superhero not a novice one. Man of Steel only works because Clark doesn't really know anything, not even what his purpose is.

But the Kryptonians were all assholes. The first one he met had just beat up his mom and Zod informed him all about his plans to become turbo Hitler. The movie didn't do anything to make Clark's emotional reaction seem justified.

>SUBURMAAAN!!!!

Pic.

>But it does matter it's the same reason this inexperienced Superman fought the entire battle in Metropolis. Look at BVS where the first thing he does is lead Doomsday away from the populated city.
and that's my point, all the experience he could ever have had on Earth wouldn't have mattered because Zod would have been the first threat that would nullify all of it. He would have tried to move the fight somewhere else, but Zod would stop him.

The entire point of the movie was Superman's first trial being the invasion by his own kin, having to accept the mantle of embracing his powers to become a hero, even with the consequences that may imply (see the 'leap of faith' scene in the church you so like to criticize). Having an experienced Superman nerf Zod and just smile his way to the end of the movie would've been shit. The point of the film is a superman origin story, him coming to grips with who he is and who he must be, the influence of both his fathers, not making him an automatic saviour of the people. Plebs who criticize this movie so much overlook the key elements of the story.

>be alien
>you're a literal god because of the fact you're an alien
>spend 30 years dicking around
>find an alien ship
>bumble around and activate a beacon, bringing more aliens to your planet
>shocker, they ain't nice!
>because you've spent 30 years doing absolutely nothing because you're a mopey retard lacking to braincells to rub together, you're totally outmatched completely and a city is destroyed.

When people say you can't say everyone, they are not generally including within that "everyone," murderers in the active process of murdering.

see . When I said superman being more establish, I mean with humans. There would have been nothing he could have done on Earth that would prepare him for Zod. He would not have been able to "nerf" him. You can keep all the coming to grips with who he is and add the impact the movie needed. This guy gets it, it was half baked and unearned. Instead we have hack snyder beat you over the head with "subtlety" and jesus imagery. The leap of faith scene would have mattered more

>he did an unspeakable act according to how he was raised
>father literally tells him it might have been alright to let a bus full of children die
Are you confusing franchises or something?

Pa Kent was a fucking psychopath

Agree 100%. As much as I think Reeve's Superman is charming, his first two movies end with HUGE Deus Ex Machina moments (turning back time in 1 and pic related in 2) that would be considered bad cinema today.

It's crazy that people truly think those films are better than Man of Steel, which shows weight to the plot and treats the audience with respect, by not pulling bullshit or asking you to turn your brain off to enjoy. It's not a movie for fanboys, which, sadly, is what Marvel movies, Wonder Woman and, sadly, Justice League are to me.

wtf do you think the movie is, Dragon Ball Z? did you seriously expect Clark to train his fighting and martial skills or whatever the fuck to fight an alien invasion? how the fuck was he supposed to know he activated an alien beacon? he used his command key, the ONLY FUCKING THING that was in the craft he arrived in, to discover where he came from. And he wasn't dicking around, he saved and helped people wherever he went, ever since he was a kid. That was literally half the movie. Fucking pleb

If Doomsday couldn't stop him moving the fight how could Zod? At that time in the film his entire focus is on killing Clark. He wouldn't have stopped trying to do that if Clark grabbed him and dragged him across half the country. And if Clark ran he would have chased him like he did throughout their fight.

He only turned to indiscriminate murder after he lost the fight.

>but there isn't a point in the movie that points out that he is strongly against killing.
there kinda is though. The scene where he saves the kids from the bus, and then he asks his dad if he should have let them die and the dad says "maybe"

>gaining a familiarity with his abilities and pushing himself to his own limits for 30 years would not have prepared clark for zod

uh huh

Guess he should have been training for potential alien war his whole life.

see He literally just dicks around. He doesn't push himself, he doesn't try, he just wanders around and almost causes more damage than he prevents.

Are you retarded? He clearly didn't mean that, he said it because he was scared about Clark being discovered, but he raised him to be good and make a difference. He demonstrates this by staying behind himself during the hurricane.

If you seriously took the "Maybe" line at face value, you may need help.

>he raised him to be good and make a difference

>damnit son let kids die!

You watched a different movie. The only character that really implies it'd be good if clark did good was jor'el

not only that, he would never need to push himself. I'll say it a third time: nothing he would have done on Earth would have ever prepared him for Zod.

They should've stuck with the original ending of Superman banishing them to the phantom zone, but Snyder wanted to show why superman develops his hatred of killing. Instead of him not wanting to kill because he was raised by good parents, of course.

You gotta go back to English class, son, you missed the interpretation lessons.

I actually mentioned this in a post above, that the only legitimate criticism about the scene was that Snyder's intended impact, which was him killing the last of his race, was lost because it wasn't developed, so in that I agree, my apologies if I didn't make that clear. But most people have the particular gripe with the moral fact that Superman killed Zod, which, within the context of the film, is completely justified and logical. In fact, letting him live would've been equivalent to letting the earth get destroyed.

On another note, it's funny you mention that Zod and his kryptonians came off as completely evil, as I watched in a behind the scenes video with Michael Shannon, that the part where Zod reveals his plan to Clark, he talks about a wife and child he had who died, or something like that. No idea why they cut it

Nigger, shit happens every day on earth that could potentially require flash-level reflexes to save lives.

And, oops, JL showed he has those.

There's only a couple of superheroes that can be source to great stories. Superman and Batman are two of them, probably the only one too since every other superhero is an extension of those two archetypes.

>genocidal Alien invader
3 words into this shit tier post and there is already something wrong. He never wanted to genocide anyone.
>declares he will make the entire human species suffer as he takes them all from Superman, one by one
After Superman actually genocided the alien's entire species.
>gets even more powerful as time passes and he absorbs more sunlight
Good, he should have won.
>learned how to fly and mastered his senses in a day while Clark took an entire lifetime to do so
False, it only took Clark 33 years to do it, not a lifetime.
>proceeds to attack superman, superman can barely keep up
Superman is a farmer, the alien was a trained military man.
>this is the first time superman's ever been tested
Irrelevant to the situation at hand, it was a first time for the alien too.
>alien invader could take over the earth and commit human genocide in a day if he wanted
No, he couldn't. He is not that powerful.
>superman sees no alternative then to kill him, before Zod reaches a power that he won't be able to top
This never happened and never crossed Superman's mind. Superman is a prick.
>'OH MY GOD NOT MY SUPERMAN HOW DARE HE KILL ZOD EVEN THOUGH CHRISTOPHER REEVES SUPERMAN KILLS ZOD BRUTALLY BUT DOES SO WITH A SMILE ON HIS FACE'
It really isn't my Superman, OP.

Bye.

Zod was a truly fantastic villain and the best capeshit villain I've seen so far. Perfect casting too.

That would be a Marvel-tier cop out ending.

>Wew guys, thank god we found a way to stop these killing machines without any sacrifices or hard choices! Imagine if we couldn't banish all of them haha!

That would literally be like calling you in the audience an idiot.

Killing is the easy choice, son.

What are you talking about they have killed every single enemy in MCU except Loki.

Pa Kent being conflicted about this doesn't in any sense whatsoever imply that he raised Supes with the idea that it is 100 percent wrong to kill literally anyone, even if they are actively in the process of murdering billions of people. Most sane individuals would see that moral choice as pretty cut and dry.

Killing is easy, don't be a pussy.

I seriously hope this is fucking bait because it is retarted on every single level. Are you a Christopher Reeves boomer?

that's nice and all, but that still wouldn't prepare him for Zod.

The whole point is that he kills someone, therefore he knows how it feels and won't do it ever again. It's called character growth.

Sure, buddy, it's really easy for a man that never killed before and was raised as a philosophy-reading Christian in a farm to break someone's neck.

The ending Snyder did is literally in everyway, Marvel-tier.

The biggest complain from Marvel fans is that they kill every villain, making them all irrelevant. Like Zod.