The Great Debate

The Great Debate

Sneed's Feed & Seed vs Grocery Store?

>the great deb-

Death of the author, this is inconclusive evidence, the actual line is still up to debate.

>The Death of the Author
i dont think this means what you think it means

It's 'hole' /thread

>I need to enunciate
So it's possible he actually said "hold" then.

If that's the case then why was I still confused enough to make this thread?

The feed and seed, hey fellas, the feed and seed! Well ooh la di da, Mr Park Avenue manicure!
>Well, what do you call it?
A fuck and suck!

ffs lmao

He pronounced it as "car hold", but the script said "car hole".

it's a hole you put a car in not a place that holds a car

if a garage holds a car then how come when you open the door of the garage and your handbrake is off and you're on a hill the car falls out

If you're claiming that he pronounced it as "car hold," then why does it seem that so many people heard the line as "car hole" anyway?

You may as well ask why a cup falls out of my hand when I release my grasp on it. If the function of the garage/'car hold' is to hold a car, then the door being closed is part of that function. The fact that the car falls out when the door opens doesn't mean that the garage isn't a 'car hold,' it just means that the state of the door being open or shut is what causes the holding to happen.

t. Chuck

interpreting the subtext of a piece is different from interpreting the words spoken by a character. one is written on the page, the other ...

im moe. please let me die

If you ask me, what's written in the page isn't relevant. All that matters is the finished product, the television episode. Actors go off script all the time, what was originally written doesn't matter, only what we actually see on the screen.

He made a residual noise when he closed his mouth, and it sounded vaguely like a "d". Azaria is the person who'd know exactly what the script said, having looked at it himself. If he says it was car hole, then it was car hole.
/threadandallfuturethreadsthatdonotinvolvesneedfeedorseed

You're ignoring the point I made here It doesn't matter what he was supposed to say, only what was actually said. They didn't go back and redact the episode 20 years later in response to his tweet, the episode is the same now as when it was first broadcasted.

answer me you coward, you know I have a point

>a bloo bloo le deth of de orther

That point is absolute bullshit that didn't need to be entertained and was clarified by Azaria. The man who delivered the line admitted to flubbing it with a mouth sound and nailed down that Moe canonically called garages car holes.
It's over. Live with it.

The episode where he said car holes, I remember.

This is a non-argument, you can't retcon what has already happened by just saying so. What about all the years before that tweet was made? Was the canon "car hold" back then, and then magically changed to "car hole?"

dumb frogposter

Maybe Moe's lips were animated to look more like he was saying hole.

Moe had a hard life. Did you?

> (You)
>This is a non-argument, you can't retcon what has already happened by just saying so.
If anyone can, it's Hank Azaria. I'll take his word over yours any day when it comes to The Simpson's.
>Was the canon "car hold" back then, and then magically changed to "car hole?"
Azaria confirmed that it has been "car hole" from the beginning. Deal with it. You've lost and your arguments are permanently moot no matter who has the last word here. The debate is over.

THEORY: What if both sides are wrong and he actually said "Car Hall"?