In Aliens Hudson says he hopes the mission isnt another "bug hunt...

In Aliens Hudson says he hopes the mission isnt another "bug hunt." Does that mean the colonial marines fought other aliens before the xenomorphs?

Yes. There's another line where a marine says "Xeno-what?" and another responds "He means it's a bug."

Yeah, but I doubt they were the same creatures as in the film otherwise you'd think they wouldn't have gotten fucked over so easily.

>Arcturian poon tang

I hope Ridley explores this further

There's an earlier line where, I think the pilot chick, says to Vasquez that Ripley had supposedly seen an alien. I got the impression that there had been rumors, and they had been sent out to search for evidence of aliens, but no one had actually encountered one.

Of course, they also mention arcutrian poontang, and how Frost fucked an arcturian trap or something.

It means they have probably been called to hunt feral animals of Earth origins or maybe 'bug' is slang for rebels and criminals.

Given quarantine procedures and what they say during the Aliens briefing, humans have discovered a lot of lifeforms and some even sentient. But nothing like the xenomorphs yet.

"Stand-up fight, or bug hunt."
>It's the Vietnam War, my dude.
In this context though, the Colonial Marines often get sent on wild-goose chases to distant colonies while the dumb-ass colonists try and figure out the "bug" in their massive facilities that caused the dispatch.

Apparently yes, the Arcturians mentioned in the movie were the first race to make contact with humans and they maintained trade relations.

Ridley had nothing to do with it. It was Cameron. And he already expired it in Avatar

CINEMATIC UNIVERSE

Probably an homage to novels like Ender's Game and Starship Troopers, where both military fight bug-looking creatures.

...no

In Covenant the crew acts like they have standard procedure to encounter sentient life. they have no fear of terraformed planets and seem to be familiar with creatures cultivating things, because they weren't shocked to find wheat on a far planet, only slightly for being earth wheat.
Or they are just really dumb and badly written.

Actually, Ridley did confirm this to be the case.
You realize he's a huge scifi guy right?
It must feel terrible to be so wrong.

The only correct answer in the thread. Sup Forums is 99% brainets.

I just assumed they had found other planets with non sentient life, and getting sent on a "Bug Hunt" meant you were just going to some shitty colony to wipe out some annoying space pests causing trouble.

They just had never encountered anything like the xenos before.

Xeno Little Pony crossover when

What are you asking? Yes, it is likely that there is more than one type of alien in this fictional.universe, and that the people travelling around space would have come across more than one.

Youre going to summon him...

Arcturians could be humans on some colony called Arcturus, for all you know.

>ywn see the original alien 3 with space commies

Arcturians were humans from a colony. But basicly had a lot of space trannys. think space Thailand
>the one you had was male

filtered

I could never get over how unprofessional they acted. They didn't care at all about the details, there was no map or any real plan. They were a chicken-shit outfit for sure

Stow that shit

It's not like the incident being investigated was some world-shattering event either. A tiny colony on some shitty ass planet doesn't answer your radio transmissions? You don't send in some elite crew for that. It was probably Burke who hired Apone's unit anyway.