Retail price: $799.99

>Retail price: $799.99

BUY ALL OUR PLAYSETS AND TOYS!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

insidethemagic.net/2015/12/enormous-custom-lego-millennium-falcon-proves-star-wars-fans-dedication-attention-to-detail/
shop.lego.com/en-US/Millennium-Falcon-75192
rebrickable.com
aliexpress.com/item/LEPIN-05033-5265pcs-Star-Wars-Ultimate-Collector-s-Millennium-Falcon-Model-Building-Kit-Blocks-Bricks-Toy/32805299109.html
aliexpress.com/item/722Pcs-05030-LEPIN-Star-Wars-Vader-Tie-Advanced-VS-A-wing-Starfighter-75150-Building-Blocks-Compatible/32707119312.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Including the ship's fearless pilot Rey and some old geezer who hangs around (creepy!)

soyboys will buy this

i dont care, star wars has been dead to me since 2004 i feel nothing

>being suprised that LEGO is retardedly expensive

My interest dropped when I saw it was the TFA version plus it had the mary sue and token nigger

haha funny homestar reference my fellow redditor!!!!!!!

>wah wah i dont have a job and my neetbucks cant afford this

>mfw people will store their wealth in crypto instead of this

>rey version
Ruined
t. Had the death star

>He thinks Homestar is Reddit

Found the actual Redditor

>2017
>not being an estronaut

I'd buy it if I had space

>Star Wars toys for manchildren
Wow I've never seen that before.
Fuck the Disney Jews - an artist like Lucas would never let this happen.

Its a cool set and all, but I wish they went for a bigger model and the whole thing rather than a handful of rooms.

And once again the custom ones always outshine even the official ones

insidethemagic.net/2015/12/enormous-custom-lego-millennium-falcon-proves-star-wars-fans-dedication-attention-to-detail/

with my employee discount it's $425 after tax and rewards points, eat my asshole

>Estronaut
hahaahhaha

it's really not, only comes out to about 10 cents per piece

Fun fact: The mainstream lego sets, mostly from the last 10 years, have actually gained in value each year more than Gold has. Think about that, Lego's are a more solid financial investment than gold...

>probablo costs a dollar or so to make

shop.lego.com/en-US/Millennium-Falcon-75192

It comes with the young han/luke/leia figures AND the nu-trilogy figures so you get both.

Honestly I would love this set if I was a kid. The price is rediculous though, Wouldn't even pay for it as an adult. I would buy my kid a 100-200 set no problem. Not spending that much money unless I get A LOT of legos. I could buy so many regular blocks with that kind of money.

bet you wouldn't open it then keep it till you are dead with numerous other pieces of clutter that will get auctioned off or put in the skip by some government agencie to cover the cost of removing you old dead corpse from your rented apartment since you never got the chance to procreate

Nice projecting there buddy

Reminder that updating the minifigures in the Death Star set added $100 to the price. Legos should be about creativity, not focusing on the design of an action figure with limited movement

I was at the mall 2 days ago, decided to
stop into the lego store and looked around. At the desk before i left was an older woman buying the lego Disney Castle and a Batman playset. They both came to a total around $700, I overheard her telling the clerk she was buying both of them as a present for her grandson.

I swear the amount of total Christmas presents I have gotten over my lifetime hasn't even equaled 700 bucks

>I WAN DAT WON

Is that Lando?

Yeah, but it's a lot harder to trade legos for goods and services. I can't go to a restaurant and pay my bill with a little ziplock bag of red 2 x 4s.

WHOOOAAAH!!

It didn't used to be and it makes me genuinely sad that children will never get to play with proper lego. I remember when you could make a lego model just by having the right pieces already but these days it's all custom blocks with railroaded imagination.

I think this all started with the Episode I models actually. Fucking Star Wars is cancer for toys.

>implying this won't be like Pokemon cards because nobody is going to be interested in nu-Wars nostalgia

What do you mean? You must be talking to investment guy. I would never sell my legos. Still have mine from the 80s/90s.

I started working at a lego store this year, around august rich parents would come in pretty frequently to buy hundreds of dollars worth of LEGO sets to bribe their kids to go back to school

How much of that box is actually lego, and how much is air? Since the fuck when are lego boxes such cubes?

>Fucking Star Wars is cancer for toys.

Hey underage, Star Wars happened to kickstart modern toys as we know it, it invented the modern day action figure, vehicle, and toyset

It's literally the biggest set ever made

Grandparents often spend a lot on grand kids for some reason.

Gold is easier to sell and actually has a more primitive use, NEVER invest in fucking toys

> I remember when you could make a lego model just by having the right pieces already

You still can. rebrickable.com

There are rules about designing new sets, around 40% have to be re-used colors and pieces. When was the last LEGO set you made, user?

For some reason I remember Lego as always being way overpriced.

>I started working at a lego store this year, around august rich parents would come in pretty frequently to buy hundreds of dollars worth of LEGO sets to bribe their kids to go back to school

What the fuck, nigger just throw your damn kid on the school bus or drive them to the elementary school, what the hell

Even the Chinese fake is pretty expensive:
aliexpress.com/item/LEPIN-05033-5265pcs-Star-Wars-Ultimate-Collector-s-Millennium-Falcon-Model-Building-Kit-Blocks-Bricks-Toy/32805299109.html

My parents used to buy lego for me when I was a kid I don't think the amount of money put into lego doesn't go further than 200 bucks.

This is just ridiculous it will only be bought by neckbeards thinking they can make a profit of it in a decade and I don't think nowadays demand for a decade old lego sets are even that high.

Gold is a shit investment though. People buy it because it is so low-risk.

>aliexpress.com/item/LEPIN-05033-5265pcs-Star-Wars-Ultimate-Collector-s-Millennium-Falcon-Model-Building-Kit-Blocks-Bricks-Toy/32805299109.html

that's the old one that came out for $500, I haven't seen a fake for the $800 set yet

>and I don't think nowadays demand for a decade old lego sets are even that high.

You have NO IDEA how fucking wrong you are, Star Wars sets from almost 10 years ago have all increased in value, not joking at all

hmm how much gold do you have, user, asking for a friend?

I would rather get pic related tbqh desu

the last Falcon UCS sells for thousands on Ebay if it's new, and that's not an exception either

>tfw I have the Y-wing set but not the X-wing

the ninjago city set is better, pricier sure but it's incredibly intricate

I got an old Poe Dameron's x-wing set, it's pretty sick

that one aliexpress.com/item/722Pcs-05030-LEPIN-Star-Wars-Vader-Tie-Advanced-VS-A-wing-Starfighter-75150-Building-Blocks-Compatible/32707119312.html ?

>user brings a girl home
>she sees he has lego on display shelves
>"oh user I didn't know you had children!"
>"actually those are mine"
>"oh..."
>girl leaves

To apologize for the reason they have shitty parents

>Star Wars happened to kickstart modern toys as we know it

i.e. trash.

>Underage

I'm 29.

The lego's not based on any franchise are much cheaper and are often unique and cool ideas, this one I want, I live in an old port town and this would fit cool with the old nautical theme I am going for with my room

>its only about 10 cents a piece
>even the smaller playsets are 200 pieces
Thats 20 dollars for a pretty small/lame toy thats actually brittle as fuck and you can't do much with as a kid, and you're also fucked if you lose one or two important pieces.

I will if you hook me up with that discount

>aliexpress.com/item/722Pcs-05030-LEPIN-Star-Wars-Vader-Tie-Advanced-VS-A-wing-Starfighter-75150-Building-Blocks-Compatible/32707119312.html ?

ahh yeah, I guess they have it, not bad

bricks probably snap in half with the slightest bit of pressure though

the new UCS set contains 2 porgs

as I've said elsewhere, it's only 10 cents per brick, which isn't that bad considering the quality standards LEGO has

This thread just makes me think of the morons in Sup Forums's Star Wars General. I guarantee at least a few of them are going to buy that set.

>I got an old Poe Dameron's x-wing set, it's pretty sick
You're a faggot.

>Thats 20 dollars for a pretty small/lame toy

for a kid it's larger

> thats actually brittle as fuck

not really

> you can't do much with as a kid

sorry you were an unimaginative child, but kids can do tons of shit with 200 lego bricks

>you're also fucked if you lose one or two important pieces

you can get LEGO to mail you missing pieces for free

not an argument

yeah 2 porgs but only one mynock :/

2 porgs?! 2 PORGS?!?!?!

It's an old Y-wing set, bought it around 10-12 ago

what do lego porgs look like?

>they played with virgin legos
>not chad bionicles
I'm sorry all of you had shit childhoods

Its a statement you stupid faggot.

why not both? Now that I think about it I feel bad for my parents wasting all that money in toys

you seem upset, anything you want to get off your chest user?

pic related

bionicles are the shit, people keep asking about them at my store

a kid brought in what I assume was his big brother's Bohrok the other day, we were hyped

that's gay as shit

I had some Technic

step aside actionfigurefag

I bought the Lego UCS Star Destroyer on Ebay about 7 years ago for maybe $250. It had been opened but the seller still had the box and instruction manuals in alright condition. I think the only reason he was selling it for that low of a price was because he said it was only 90% complete, yet when I built put it together it had all of the pieces and even some extras. Looks to go for about $800 used on Ebay now.

my niggas

Remember in the Bionicle instruction booklets when it'd give you instructions on how you can combine different bionicles?
Fuck off fags. Ya'll are just mad your parents couldn't afford the real shit.
poorfag
me too user. I remember a year where my mom bought me an expensive ass megazord, and after next two months I never played it again

>implying the best Lego sets aren't the city working sites ones

> instructions on how you can combine different bionicles

bionicles started that trend, now every other LEGO set has something like that

Holy shit

>I remember a year where my mom bought me an expensive ass megazord, and after next two months I never played it again

same with some kind of remote controlled truck or something

exoforce > bonkle

It really is hard to PLAY with lego's

Even as a kid I treated them more like model kits, something you build and display

>buying real lego
>not buying the equal quality chink equivalent

Damn that's nice

holy shit it's THAT kid

why do i get no enjoyment playing with toys anymore? i used to play with legos for hours

> Artificially raise the price of a product by limiting production
> Muh supply and demand
> People support this jewery

>comparing this or the flying faggot to even the more simple bionicles
*INHALES*

These look awful.

ITT manchildren who still buy fucking legos

but not everyone ITT buys legos

THE NAME'S PEPPER, I'M THE DUDE WITH THE FOOD!

Lego bricks are actually pretty expensive to make, they're very high quality.

My friends only had maybe one or two sets of LEGO each
My dad was an early Alibaba connoisseur so I had (and still have) enough to fill a skip
You're goddamn right I was THAT kid

It's called having had a childhood.

>there's a man out there right now who bought one of these
>he has a thick unkept beard, is balding, has a gut but actively refers to it as a "dad bod", married a woman with bipolar disorder or anxiety, named his son or daughter after a tv show character or video game character, and uses himself as a prideful example of how not all nerds are permavirgins, coupled with a picture of his wife or kids

You grew up

Not according to this cuck. He's knee deep in this shit.

This is now a European Union thread. Please take your violent tie-in products elsewhere.

>tfw I sold my 2007 version last year for $3,500 without the box on ebay

Feels fucking good, if I had waited to sell it, I would have gotten substantially less because of this new set. There was a long stretch of time from ~2008-2016 where you could sell them NIB for ~$4,000-$5,000. A lot of people bought like 20+ of the original UCS falcon and made a lot of money off them.
Still, I don't buy Lego anymore, but I still have a massive collection that I have no idea what to do with aside from selling sets individually which is far too time consuming.

no shit but why do adults not get caught up in playing with toys? they used to be legitimately entertaining. if i picked up toys now and attempted to play i get bored in 5 seconds.

yes, I'm having fun and there's absolutely nothing you can do to stop me

haha

Here's the thing. Older lego sets from ~2005-2011 or so still well at high prices, but that's starting to stop, especially for Star Wars sets as Lego releases newer sets that are better designed and more detailed.

Also, production of Lego has ramped up significantly and they have opened factories in Mexico and China due to increased demand over the last few years, in fact Lego is now more popular that it probably ever has been due to things like the Lego movie skyrocketing popularity of it as a toy. Lego was actually about to go Bankrupt I think around 2005-2006, with only the Star Wars and other licenses keeping them afloat, but new management managed to save the company and make it more profitable than it's ever been.
One of the reason's lego is so expensive though is because of the high tolerances for their molds and standard of quality that other toys simply cannot match. You can take a Lego brick from 30 years ago and still use it with modern lego bricks because the tolerances of the molds they use are just that damn precise.