Why wasn’t this scene remastered and included in the special edition...

Why wasn’t this scene remastered and included in the special edition? It’s the only on-screen mention of Sith in the original trilogy. It would’ve helped bridge together the prequels and the OT more

youtu.be/8Erf6s_wYJk

These scenes with Biggs need to back in also.
At least that Biggs scene in the hanger is in the special edition.

It's useles filler no matter the context

It's not like it really fits with the prequel canon/retcon/new material

imagine if Lucas would’ve went with this take. The concept of Dark Jedi would’ve never came to be

>thinks it's an ancient religion
>had seen people actively using the force 20 years ago

>thinks Islam is an ancient religion
>has seen people bombing gay clubs

i like the scene because it lays out the historical and political situation better than any other
> that fucking cancerous crowd

kek

Biggs adds a lot to the movie and the world, wonder why they cut it all out.

Legend is that the studio told Lucas to cut it because it was too much like American Graffiti in space.
I bet the only reason Lucas didn't add it back in to the SE is that his autism would have compelled him to spend millions making the location they shot at look more like the Tatooine he wanted (Mos Espa and SE Mos Eisley).

bump

What did you find wrong with the crowd? I didn't have the sound up very high, but it sounded like they only laughed at Vader's suit actor saying his lines.
Which makes sense.

The way David Prowse did the “I find your lack of faith disturbing” line was way better imo. I don’t know why the crowd reacted so disrespectfully

Not the studio.

Lucas showed his rough cut to a group of his director friends (Spielberg, Coppola, etc.) and THEY told him it was too similar to American Graffiti and to make the cuts.

Damn, and they say Lucas is the hack.

Wait Biggs wasn't in the theatrical?

Do we see Biggs' face in an X-Wing cockpit? I can't remember.

"Sith" sounds so retarded, I assumed Lucas came up with it for the prequels, right after he came up with "Lord Dookoo".

desu reading the indiana jones planning session transcripts with speilberg, kasdan and lucas gives you the same impression

Explain why "Sith" sounds retarded but "Jedi" doesn't.

He came up with it in like 1976

>I assumed Lucas came up with it for the prequels,
This is also why it should be included. You aren’t the only one to think that

the concept of Sith Knights dates all the way back to when he initially created Star Wars in 1974

You cannot switch letters in "Jedi" to make it "shit".

I really like how this is shot

It does begin with "Jed", though, which is a slang term for the head of the penis

I disagree. Sith sounds mysterious

Is that seriously your problem with it?

"Jedi" is derived from the Japanese word for Samurai movies (Jidaigeki). "Sith" is just something he pulled out of his ass, and it's obvious.

>and it's obvious.
Still not seeing how. None of these complaints ever seem to make logical sense.

>just something he pulled out of his ass,
There are many things in Star Wars from Lucas that people like that fit this description.

No. You're wrong.

Nah. """""World building"""" isn't an actual thing and these scenes contribute nothing to the film. Cutting them was a good idea

The editors won an oscar for best film editing, what do they know, right?

>Wait Biggs wasn't in the theatrical?
>Do we see Biggs' face in an X-Wing cockpit? I can't remember.

Bwe first meet Biggs on Yavin. It's clear that he and Luke know each other, but that's it. Having the earlier tatooine scenes make biggs' death more meaningful, since Luke looked up to him.

The Imperials did not know about the Sith. Everyone thought Palatine was a normal man and Vader was just a fallen Jedi.
Only Tarkin knew but he didn't care.

the jews cut it for the anticommie undertones

of course it would what are you meaning?
dark jedi is a jedi that uses dark side but doesn't follow the sith dogma or hierarchy

lol fuck off

Reminder that released deleted scenes add to the movie even if they're not actually in the film.

Biggs on Tat, the X-Wing commader talking to Luke about knowing his father are at a good place where they are. Separate from the main film, but included.

I never realized how important the final camera takes were that they ended up using, Tarkin looks so menacing with his closeup.

Refute me then. Give proof from the movies or canon sources that people knew that Palpatine was a sith.

vader literally chokes people from another star destroyer but hey, he's the pet of the emperor and respects him for reasons

>tfw Lucas didn't bring these back for the special edition but brought back that retarded Jabba the Hut scene that adds nothing but confusion with its shitty cgi and ruins Jabba's reveal in ROTJ

it's not like it would hav emade it a good movie

He went too far in a few places

youuuuuuuuuu

But Jabba in Mos Eisley isn't? Dumbfuck

The Marvel series still includes it because it was based on the script and was released simultaneously with the movies so the writers didn't know what was cut

Holy shit talk about saved by the editing
Living proof that Lucas was always as bad as the prequels

>canon sources

Who gives a shit about the retcons of a G-tier author who got the Star Wars license to gyp autistic kids out of their money? Do you freaks even grasp the concept that those people make shit up as they go along and they aren't actually unveiling prexisting facts about "the Star Wars universe"?

>Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's ways, Lord Vader. Your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes, or given you enough clairvoyance to find the rebels' hidden fortress.

>Sure I was in my early twenties during the Clone Wars and considering my rank most likely fought in them and can personally remember when thousands of Jedi were using their devotion to that ancient religion to mega flip and magically conjure up shit all over the galaxy as intergalactic sorcerer cops. Hell, I even remember when the Jedi were an officially recognized political organization whose headquarter was located in a gigantic government building on the capital planet across the street from the Intergalactic Senate where the Jedi were called upon by the Senate frequently to use their mystical sorceress powers to lend aid in conflicts and political issues but that won't stop me from being dismissive of the existence of supernatural powers!

What's with all these autistic retards spewing bullshit about the EU? Are you afraid to read a book, moron?

That will only confused brainlets and anger "muh OT only"fags .

>these scenes contribute nothing to the film
It actually does. It's more convincing that Luke joined the Rebel Alliance that way.

He saw all that and then the jedis died so he was right

people with terrbile parents that never bought them a star wars comic or a videogame and they say it's shit to compensate

Jabba should never have been seen walking. He should be hovering inside a pod like Freeza.

There were less than 10,000 active Jedi. Unless you lived a few blocks from their temple, your odds of actually encountering a Jedi are very low

Jabba would have been the first modern American on screen with his little hovering mobility scooter.

That's fucking retarded. They're treated exactly exactly like cops in the prequels. Every person that sees them either shits their pants because they're bad guys or just shrugs and ignores them because they're not big deal.

Dude there were Jedi serving as Generals and commanders in virtually every major Clone Wars battle.

> Slave boy on dirt farm shithole in the outer rim, that doesn't even use the basic galactic currency has heard of Jedi.

I wish i had one of those retarded drooling wojacks to attatch to this post to show how retarded you fucking are.

any how many army generals an average person will meet in their lifes? is the number zero by any chance?

I mean maybe Vader just goes around choking people to get his way and this dude knows Vader won't actually kill him. Sounds like he knows the force is powerful, but he also knows that Vader is only trying to scare him.... and calling a religion ancient has nothing to do with if it is still practiced currently or not.

Why do people act like this is a problem with ANH and not the prequels?

Considering the guy himself is in the fucking army he'd probably have read up on the last major galactic fucking conflict.

Would have been funny to watch him strolling at the space Walmart. Maybe in the Han solo, fingers crossed.

everyone in the world heard about CIA as well, but very few people met their agents in person

It's a roundabout way of insulting the prequels 2bh.

The reply chain started with . It was about an Imperial officer who almost certainly served in the Clone Wars, not an average person.

Nobody acts like that. It is a joke at the expense of the prequels.

yeah, and the only thing he'd read was that jedi were generals during clone wars. nothing that proves the existence of the force. and we're assuming that Sheev didn't erase mentions of Jedi from history books or at least downplayed their role in the war, he very well may have.

They were a good friend to the republic.

>this dude knows Vader won't actually kill him

Vader kills people all the time. He might've killed that guy too if not for Tarkin.

You think there, in all the possible recording, is not one holo-vid of a Jedi doing some crazy shit? No reports, or tactical assessments from soldiers / officers on the ground that maybe mention the crazy shit they can do?

Come on.

Because the concept of the dark side being an unnatural, outlier, distortion of the force is more fascinating then some cliched black and white, yin-yang, dark-light bullshit. This is where Kasdan and the people Lucas surrounded himself with corrected that mistake.

and why are you so sure that he fought in clone wars? every dictator fills organization like army with his own people when taking over to ensure their loyality, that means promoting new and inexperienced people, not veterans. but Sheev would just keep old officers educated in Republic's ethos and democratic values risking a coup?
and even IF he served in the military duyring clone wars, he may have never encountered a Jedi. tens of millions people served in Rerpoublics army and there were only few thousand Jedi

If I were Sheev, I wouldn't include that in military academy curriculum

Again, dirt farmer on tatooine knew about the Clone Wars. You think Military people didn't?

Or so you think, Todd.

"they're nationalizing commerce in the central systems"

he took it out because it makes the empire seem leftist

I once saw David Copperfeild teleport 100 feet in a flash, but it doesn’t mean I believe it happened

they knew about clone wars, yes. they also knew that Jedi existed. doesn't mean that they would know that Force is real. it was some ancient religion for all they knew. we all know that priests exist in our world, but not everyone belives in God.

The only time we see normal people react to the Jedi is in that seedy bar, and that's on the planet with the Jedi temple.

>what’s with those guys in farmer’s robes

yes star wars galaxy had 10000 cops only

Not really. When Watto talks to Qui-Gon his attitude, "K you're a Jedi, big whoop no ones gives a shit."

that clearly is newly created cgi shit...

Anakin has heard wild fairy tales about Jedi from travelers that he is still young enough to believe. To him, Jedi are unkillable superheroes. It's absolutely possible that, if he'd never met Qui-Gon Jinn and company, he'd eventually stop believing the outlandish stories.

Except for how the Jedi were an officially recognized political organization whose headquarter was located in a gigantic government building on the capital planet across the street from the Intergalactic Senate where the Jedi were called upon by the Senate frequently to use their mystical sorceress powers to lend aid in conflicts and political issues

only sounds retarded cause if the prequels

That seems like it'd be Watto's reaction to everything because that's the kind of personality he has.

Sure thing m8. Dig those heels in.

so just like Catholic Church is a recognized organization with close ties to goverments, yet not everyone belives in God?

Could have been cool

Oh boy does this make no sense.

jedis are like secret agents or special forces, how many people do you know that have meet one

Jedi were mostly acting as diplomats. even heads of prominent Trade Federation didn't actually belive in their powers and tried to kill them with gas and were surprised that they escaped, and those guys would be far better informed than your average space joe.

stupid people laughing because of prowse's voice