Gnosticism

I am searching for a gnostic-themed movie, any advice?

Other urls found in this thread:

forward.com/culture/383304/the-heretical-gnosticism-of-darren-aronofskys-most-daring-film/
youtube.com/watch?v=f2oUaPFlbW8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

source on pic? looks great

the matrix is gnostic as fuck

This is the most gnostic movie there is

Really?

the holy mountain

step aside

ANYTHING by Darren Aronofsky

really

even The Wrestler?

forward.com/culture/383304/the-heretical-gnosticism-of-darren-aronofskys-most-daring-film/

What's this article about? Is it true? I can't see the article for myself

its basically what this half hour video says in humorese

youtube.com/watch?v=f2oUaPFlbW8

Good! Thank you!
Guess I have to educate myself about Gnosticism

but its hardly his most gnostic film nor is it that good. If you want some serious gnosis watch The Fountain. Well actually don't because gnosticism is all about personal experience of the divine. Ironically the more you read about gnosticism or religions in general the more you are doing it wrong.

I have seen The Fountain a few times but I always thought it's Christian

pffffffft. Christians despise that movie

Thanks but I would rather read more and "do it wrong"
Don't really want to do it right. I am conservative.

why is that?

Donnie Darko is secretly about Christianity and second chances, in part, but if you close your eyes it can be a gnostic Christianity.

yeah, anything by allesandro "poo fetish" jororowsky should work. at a distance, most faux mysticism sounds the same.

In gnosticism you only trust personal revelation which means you have to try to have ideas related to the nature of divinity yourself. I think a lot of people use this as an excuse to go on drugtrips but I don't think that's necessary. Once you have a full impression of what you believe about God, the cosmos all that important shit you can then check your work against various religious texts.

Don't watch this movie it has no Gnosticism in it. But once upon a time, Chinese people liked to make movies about their wild west during medieval age and they would put a few weird Christian symbols in their movies.

Jodo is an Occultist, not a Gnostic

Is Dominion a gnostic movie?