'Iron Fist': Choreographed Fight Scenes Only 15 Minutes Before Filming

>I was learning the fight scenes 15 minutes before we actually shot them because the schedule was so tight.

metro.co.uk/2017/03/16/marvel-iron-fists-finn-jones-on-white-saviour-controversy-and-teaming-up-with-luke-cage-in-the-defenders-6513597/

Explains a lot.

Sure does.

terrible fucking show

but sjws hate it so we have to like it

>A show that's supposed to be centered around martial arts
>the choreograph is the lowest point of the series

Seriously, the issue doesn't even matter if he was asian or white. Or even if the directing was fucking awful (that first episode, jesus.)

The choreograph for every fight was either subpar or horrendous. The only fight where it looked kind of cool was the blood circle arena fight.

which pleases me, because I want the superhero bubble to burst

Tumblr hates it because of the might whitey trope. The rest of us hate it because the action was shit, the acting was shit, it meandered for fucking ever, and the person in charge was ashamed of the comics.

retard logic

>ashamed of the comics

i dont blame him

>and the person in charge was ashamed of the comics.
WHY
DO
CAPE
SHIT
IF
YOU'RE
AFRAID
OF
THE
SOURCE
MATERIAL

fuck I hate this shit so much, it's the same with X-Men and the black leather.

It shows.

Same retarded faggot looking for a reply.

Money.

Choreography could have been much better, yeah. But I found the show at least decent despite a slow start.

Oh it shows, Netflix, it shows.

Not really

Yea. I'm not all the way through it yet but I like it for being different than the others. It's not a slog trough fights and bodies in dingy locales.

Yeah, really. It's not irredeemable shit, but it is a massive disappointment. It's about on par with jessice jones, and daredevil and luke cage are both better.

And it baffles me these companies hire these retards. The MCU was became successful because the people behind the films respected the source material. Marvel Netflix seems hellbent on hiring people who hate comics.

No way, Jessica Jones was way better than this.

its shit

I don't get why they didn't just get a stunt double in a costume to do the fight scenes.

Because a costume wouldn't work for him and looks very silly. The director said so himself.

Not surprised in the slightest.

The Defenders
>a series of dimly lit or rainy hallway and alleyway fights featuring costume-less superheroes (apart from DD's shit outfit), some inconsistent version of The Hand, a standard corporate and/or criminal bad guy as the main antagonist, and an array of shitty supporting characters

I actually like it. Not all the way through so if it takes a shit at the end that might change my opinion.

>a standard corporate and/or criminal bad guy as the main antagonist

This is easily my number 1 problem with Iron Fist. This was their chance to do something different with the Netflix shows, do something more mystical or magical. Instead, we basically got the same exact shit regurgitated back at us.

>do something more mystical or magical
A zombie corporate and/or criminal bad guy wasn't good enough for you?

top fucking kek...

I hope he goes blind so he cant direct anymore

>Muh White Saviour

It's not ever in the show. Did they even bother to watch it???

*even

you know its bad when it's marvel and they still cant do any mental gymnastics to call it good. marvel gets a free pass all the time.

Yeah, I found it pretty enjoyable.

Don't forget forced cameos by Rosario Dawson.

In my experience, that's more of a DC problem.

Marvel fans can tell when something is shit.

so the show runner just didn't give a fuck about the show? The concept and sccript seemed fine but so much was rushed.

The first two episodes have almost no music in them, just tons of silence.
zooms are done in post and resolution is lost.
now this

>Marvel fans can tell when something is shit.

So nobody is going to mention pennypinching Ike?

the budget doesn't matter if the producers are going to shit all over the source material just for the sake of "lol muh realism"

>we need to have Danny fight a dragon, its a key part of his origin and could be epic on screen
>Ike: Say no more
>*proceeds to portray Shou-Lao the dragon as two cheap glowing eyes in the dark*

Posting a cute image doesn't change the fact that I'm right.

Netflix paid for the series IIRC. That's the reason these shows got made in the first place.

even dog shit and mediocre movies like The Dark World, Ant-Man, Age of Ultron, etc… got positive reactions from critics and Marvel fans. Im not saying ever Marvel fan loves Marvel unconditionally but plenty do. Hell I've seen a ton of people on Sup Forums defending Iron Fist and the movies mentioned above.

The same can be said of DC fans of course, but critics time and time again are on the side of Marvel for no apparent reason.

That's a pretty good looking costume, though.

>dogshit and medicore
>antman
Opinion discarded lad

>The Dark World
Everyone thought it was mediocre, the script sucked, the villain was the worst ever in a Marvel movie and that' saying something. It's saved from being outright bad with it's last act. Literally no one ever talks about this movie, even on Sup Forums. It's simply that forgettable.

>Ant-man
Was a good movie and treated as such. Don't know what you're on about

>Age of Ultron
Universally reviled on Sup Forums and Sup Forums. Personally, I liked it.

And yet Orson Randall looks awesome with the costume.

Didn't they confirm Danny will have his costume in Defenders?

Forget it, Jake. It's Tropeytown.

Yeah, it says DIRECTED BY ZACK SNYDER ON THE POSTER DOHOHOH.

...Or Thor: The Dark World.
Or Iron Man 3

But it's the logic Sup Forums always uses

>Iron Man 3
What was the problem with Iron Man 3? I mean it wasn't Iron Man 1, but it certainly wasn't Iron Man 2.

>MCU respects the source material
>when they almost completely changed the Guardians, Tony, Wanda, Hawkeye and Peter
>when they have ruined almost every single villain they've used
>when they turned Donald Blake into a joke
>when they wouldnt even give Wanda and Peter real costumes
>when they made Doctor Strange, of all fucking people, make jokes about celebrities
>when every single movie is done with a wink to the camera and "Self-aware" jokes depreciating themselves and telling normies "wink wink, we know its a superhero movie, isnt that ridiculous?!?"

nah

maybe if DC could fire Snyder and make a good movie for once

Why the fuck won't they fire Snyder at this point? Is it because it would be more costly to replace him this soon?

but this can't be right. cuz that'd be gay.

And somehow they still respect source material more than IF did.

Also, isn't all that corny stuff supposed to be Silver Age homage, when superheroes were making bad puns etc.?

This is Sup Forums, not Sup Forums.

We all know this show is shit, just like BvS or Arrow before it.

I never said it wasn't good looking, it's just the fact that they only showed it on grainy film for about 2 minutes in the ENTIRE series.

I agree.

He came from Asia without shoes?
Why he has this hair cut and beard until the end of the series?
He should wear the uniform in episode 6

>MCU respects the source material

hmmmm...

>Marvel fans can tell when something is shit.

are you fucking kidding me?

>The brainwashed fanboys of this studio are more critical then the brainwashed fanboys of that studio.

Nigga if I wasn't reorganizing all my folders you would be getting a hell of a smug reaction face right now.

this fucking guy right here, get the fuck out

idk user, it seems nu capt marvel is getting the amount of repsect it deserves lol

Did Jessica Jones somehow get much worse after the first four episodes I watched?

friendly reminder the guy who directed and wrote Iron Fist also did Dexter season 5 and is confirmed director of Inhumans
>you will live to see Marvels Inhuman push crash down on them

>Show based on a comic series that centers on martial arts, mysticism, and colorful outfits
>Least amount of effort in fight scenes
>No costumes
>0.0001% mystical elements

Fuck Netflix Marvel. I am seriously asshurt.

shouldnt have cheaped out ike

>actually believes in the superhero bubble myth

I hate this. There have been countless retards defending this show based on entirely on sjws hating it with moron logic. It's a crappy show, just not for the reason why it's being attacked.

Respecting source material doesn't mean not changing anything.

No excuses.

Even the MCU stopped doing it. Once phase 2 began, they went "comics are for faggots, you like the MOVIES only." Only exception since has been WS.

Not that user, but it was "Smug: Tje Movie." Not a single joke happened but by god, they had to make sure everyone and their mom got to ramble for 5 minutes with no punchline.

It was horrible. Might as well have been a comedy.

I'm just finishing Iron fist, 3-4 episodes left. Yes the actor is bad, but even madame Gao looks like shit, the script is horrible wich is the worst of this, no the fight scenes, I really can't name a single thing great, but at least isn't AoS lv, I'll finish this, not like Cage or JJ, but that isn't Daredevil, not even close

Netflix in general doesn't care for the source material when it comes to adaptations. Just look at the upcoming live-action Death Note series, it looks godawful. Netflix was a mistake.

The time you can even remotely say that is Civil War, and that's because the original comic was legitimately awful. Everything else has been pretty faithful as adaptations go.

Can they not do any better than a dirty rag?

Come the fuck on, his mask is basically one-fifth of Spider-Man's costume, Marvel should be able to afford that.

But, user. It has quips. That's what non-comic readers think comics are.

Meanwhile a show based on the gritty and serious Daredevil comics by Frank Miller is unfaithful because it's similarly gritty and serious.

I thought it was alright. Wasn't as good as it should've been but I went in with low expectations from Buck and came out somewhere around the middle. Season 7 was okayish, and so was this.

JUST FUCK MY SHOW UP

>>when every single movie is done with a wink to the camera and "Self-aware" jokes depreciating themselves and telling normies "wink wink, we know its a superhero movie, isnt that ridiculous?!?"
Except for, you know GotG, where one of the jokes was that Starlord, rather than being ashamed of his name, wanted people to call him by it, and was pumped when it happened at the end. It pulled a reverse Ant-Man on that.

nah tumblr hates it because its shit

>Iron Man 3
>Thor 2
>Age of Ultron
>Guardians of the Galaxy
>Ant Man
>Doctor Strange

>Faithful

Wikipedia friend detected.

HOLY FUCK RAGING RIGHT NOW
WHY IS HE SOOO FUCKING RETARDED AT BUSINESS
"MUH RIGHT THING"
I am literally so fucking frustrated watching this pissant waste away his company for his retarded moralfaggotry.
They even explained why selling the pills at profit was okay, the WHO would be subsidizing it, and the profit would go towards more research.
The Plant, good by EPA standards. 15 cancer cases.... HUNDREDS OF JOBS PUT AT RISK BECAUSE OF MORALFAGGOTRY.
No one watching this actually thought this was a good idea right?
holy shit rand is a retard

that reminds me. did they ever conclude the cancer people subplot? or was that just a device to show danny cares about the peoples

>oh no its not EXACTLY like the panels
underage detected

you have no idea how bad comic movies were unless you lived through the 80s & 90s. Go watch Captain America (1990), pretty much any Superman movie, Mystery Men, Steel, etc, then come bitch about the MCU.

Shit, even with Johns supposedly having a voice, the DCEU still cant show us recognizable versions of DC characters.

user, it only gets worse. I hate to say it, but it's still better than Iron Fist though

>shitting on Mystery Men

these spergs can't handle a real movie, or at the very least they can't handle shane black.

IM 3 was the least generic and most director driven film in all of the MCU. (aside from GoTG and WS).

>you have no idea how bad comic movies were unless you lived through the 80s & 90s

born in '87, can confirm this poster is correct

10 points awarded

Winter Soldier was very well executed but it was pretty damn generic.

>90960887
>87
wew

Born 1985 here, you're both pussies. We got some sweet Batman movies (yes even the Schumacher ones were great as a kid) and motherfucking Blade. I was more hyped for those then than I am for cape movies now, save for a couple of exceptions.

>blood circle arena was the only good fight

This... This right fucking here.

>Three weeks of strength and conditioning and training
>Fifteen fucking minutes of prep for the fucking stunts
Holy fucking shit that is goddamn dangerous. What the fuck is wrong with this production crew?

I'm screencapping this

>Implying DCEU movies are good