Kill six billion demons

Will you be participating in YS-Voya's contest Sup Forums?

>hello it is me YS Voya
>Here is a bird devil contest for all of you. The deadline for this contest shall be Tuesday, April the 4th! If you have submissions you can put them in the ksbd tumblr, submit them to [email protected], or simply post them on this comic page.
>May you reach concordance!

10/Bird

Bets are now open: How many variations on Bane and/or CIA get submitted?

I wanna submit something but the character design is autistic as fuck and im terrible at art, what do?

at least 4.

Hire me to do the art. I might even make the design less autistic.

I hope we get something interesting but I won't be surprised if it just ends up as
>Pale - Mechanic
>Blue - Acrobat
>Red - Bruiser
>Green - Mastermind
>Gold - Face

Im broke as fuck, but mind sharing some pics?

Does it have to be 1 devil for one role? I was thinking the mastermind definitely being a gold and the face as well since they'd be the prettiest and most respected.

nah I don't wanna hijack this thread just to shill for myself.

Well I actually just realised it said
>6 Devils
rather than 5, and I suppose I can trust Abaddon to make things kind of interesting, so I hope we get some whacky shit (e.g. Pale is the mastermind or the face). I'm just worried whatever characters do end up appearing are going to be in real 'average' roles.

It would have been nice to see I guess, maybe you could make multiple submissions for the less artistically dedicated in these threads.

I'd love it if a pale was the mastermind, but it would be difficult to pull off. Definitely a red or blue could pull it off though.

Why no black devils?

Ebony Devil would give the group way too much power/make things way too easy I'm sure. There's only like a dozen in existence too.

I hope we see a Green Devil doing some cool shit. I feel like we've seen them least.

>maybe you could make multiple submissions for the less artistically dedicated in these threads.
Sure, why not.

Holy fuck you drew that? That is amazing.

What's the contest exactly?

Submit devil designs for the roles of: Mastermind, Mechanic, Face, Acrobat, Bruiser and have the chance of having them be in the story.

i'm not sure how i feel about these?
is it really just an audience participation thing or does abaddon occasionally run out of ideas?

>green devil explosives expert
>INSISTS on doing everything from flight or while hovering
>laying traps, while flying
>dropping bombs, while flying
>picking locks, while flying

The comic evolved from a choose your own adventure, and it still had elements of it at the start, so I guess Abaddon felt like doing some audience participation stuff again.

Thanks.

>is it really just an audience participation thing or does abaddon occasionally run out of ideas?
The former. K6BD's prototype was a Homostuck style audience response type thing. The comic's gimmick at the beginning was that the readers would occasionally vote on which direction things would go. That dropped off almost immediately when it became clear he knew exactly what he wanted to do.

Would you be willing to draw me something if I gave you a description of it?

Maybe if I got an idea interesting enough, and find some time off in my current project. Mechanic sounds like a fun character type to work on.

I solved it. You can thank me later

Someone should draw a demon that actually looks based on this and have it be the mastermind.

>that eye

He said he needed to go on hiatus for a week to finish up some other work. This isn't a "I'm out of ideas" comic, this is a "here's a fucking something anyway, even though I said I wouldn't be here, because I can't fucking stop myself" comic.
Because the man has a problem, but the best kind of problem.

>Pale mastermind
He was gold when he started planning this, you see. He had reached ebon, even. But then Mammon happened, and he had to sell his rank. when he swore revenge on Mammon for it. swore a lot of things, including becoming a demiurge. He had become obsessed with destroying the
So obsessed he grew that he gave up on everything else, even his rank, over and over and fucking over. In fact, every demotion, every new name. just made him grow more determined. A gold devil above a Black Emperor was a thing, but a green devil? or a red, or a blue? Now that he`s a pale, he`s convinced that he is, in fact, stronger than ever. Even if he were to just being a servant of a king of kings, as long as he can look down to the Seven, he`ll be satiated.Behind that pale mask lies the inteligence of gold, the cruelty the bloodlust of red and the trickery of blue in one.

OF COURSE, he`s also has the communication capabilities of a wet ant due to, well, being a pale, so he has a slight case of "I don`t have a mouth and yet I must boss around". Luckly, he has Goldie, his faithfull assistant and, probably, the worst devil ever. As in, not devilish at all. She`s been in his service ever since he was an ebon and she just an blue imp, and she stood by him during his descent. She was probably the most gullible and clumsy blue devil ever, but was also loyal, so he made some arrangements and she went to become the tamest, most light drinker red evil ever, then the chattiest, less creepy green devil ever, and then finally the dumbest nicest most unelegant gold devil ever. YISUN knows what would she be like if she became ebon. Her one grace his that she perfectly understand every word from his boss, so she act as his interpreter. She`s also terrific at making coffee.
The fact that a gold devil follows orders from a pale amuses her boss very much.

Tried making a bio for the contest based on that idea ended up with 2. Thoughts? Beyond TL;DR?

Threw in my RP character but doubt it'll be a pick. RIP.

I like it. In fact I love it. Especially the gold translator, she could definitely work and fit as the face.

I was thinking of making a gold devil as face myself, what do you think if your translator looked like pic related with a half broken mask, one normal eye one that's glass? (Excuse the terrible fucking quality and art, my phone is shit and my skills are worse, maybe can make it look half decent if he wants.)

Fuck it. I'll do it.
Are we gonna make an entire team made by Sup Forums?

Sure I mean the more the merrier. We have a face and a Mastermind, now we just need ideas for the rest if we wanna go full team.

You got my vote.

>Satan himself endorses

Pale Mastermind coming soon, Abbaddon you seeing this?

>666
>Devil trips confirm

I nominate Green for the Face, and not just because I'm conjuring one up on MSPaint.

>Seldom speaks
>When he does, it's with purpose
>His intimidating glare and a few words gets him in just about anywhere.
>Only speaks in rhyme
>When asked as to why he wants to participate, he replies in rhyme that may sound deep but doesn't make any fucking sense.

>trips
Nigga you're looking at quads

This isn't normal devil
This is megadevil

I'd probably put the Gold as the face, because the it mentions the face is an "Insider"

Golds would be most likely to work for Mammon since they're the smartest and are sometimes used as bookkeepers.

Yeah it's the easiest choice. But that's the problem, it's too easy!

>someone liked my idea
PRAISE TO YISUN.
Satan did, too.
Praise to Himself, too!
The broken mask is a good touch it higlights just how much of a facade she is. Her face technique boils down to "repeat word by word what the boss told her to, don`t add "please" or at least do it ominously". Otherwise, her first instinct is to ask nicely. seriously. At least she can be a good back up. And her undevilishness makes everyone else more confident in their own skills.

>Etrigan as face
this works too, if a creepy rimer would be an interesting interrogator.

I also had two mechanic ideas:
- a red mechanic who`s basically an WH40K ork mekboy.
- a blue mechanic who somehow managed to watch the Throne version of the plane episode of the twilight zone, and said to itself: "I can be that gremlin. I can sabotage the hell out of a machine, blow shit up and get away with"

Playing around is good, but I like to have some logic to my bullshit

I'd like the blue to be the mechanic, because a blue that enjoys explosions makes my heart sing

Anyone have those pics with really detailed descriptions of the different kinds of devils?

He has talked about a devil design contest for a while, looks like he finally found a reason for it and it also creates reader participation

i want the face to be pale, it can mold itself into any likeness, but can't act for shit as it's mute.

It's just audience participation. I've got no doubt whatsoever that Abaddon could easily whip up all of the ideas that he needs and tell a great story, but things like this do a lot for getting people more involved. The basic arc of the story is going to be exactly the same, but we'll see different people bouncing off of each other than we might have otherwise.

plus it gives the audience some engagement on the mini hiatus.

>trips

It's called fourps idiot

My assumption was those five roles are specific demons that are about to feature in whatever scheme Cio is cooking up with Oscar. Like, the five man demon team they get will fit those roles.

Disregard, I misunderstood what you were saying.

I just smoked a fat bowl for the first time in months. You expect me to sit, hear, and accept that this might be the ONLY time in my life I read a fucking awesome premise like that, only to see no continuation or fruition of that idea?

Naw, man, I don't think so. This shit has to be made. It is solid gold, going on ebon, daddio.

Abbaddon 'use' to hang out in these threads and talk out ideas, this is just a more direct "Some of you come up with good shit once and a while, lets hear it"

>Hey guys, what if we had characters that are the OPPOSITE of how their kind usually are?? That's new, right?

Don't get me wrong. I like the Pallid Mastermind, but I don't like having it retain ALL of its intelligence. Maybe it's clever for a pale and remembers some key things, but isn't too bright in general? Perhaps, since it's been planning this for ages, as its previous ranks it left behind clues, codes, or directions that only it would recognize or understand? This could also end up showing off the ways the "same" devil's mindset changed as it changed color.

I am opposed completely to the kindly doujiko Gold. The relationship between the two is cool, but a Gold is a Gold. Perhaps as our Mastermind suffered their downward spiral, the Face rose in the ranks, and was planned from the beginning as being an integral part of the scheme. Maybe she's uncharacteristically sweet and caring towards her Pallid friend, but is extremely callous with everyone else.

On a different note, what about a Green mechanic? He's fond of tinkering with all manner of things and conducts logic-defying engineering projects as a hobby. In reality, all of his devices are meant to be physical tests and examples of whatever principles he's been pondering recently, as a way of testing and demonstrating.

Naturally, most forms of security systems are child's play to him, as he's inferred the vast majority of the secrets of their construction. Mammon's bank is said to be home to impossible tricks and traps that exploit all manner of esoteric physical and metaphysical laws. He'll jump at the chance to reverse engineer these magnificent designs, and in doing so steal their mysteries for himself.

Posted in response to

How do pallids become blues? And do high rank devils become pallids?

I love the Pale mastermind idea but I also like . I like the idea of Gold being a cunning sociopath like most are, rather than a kind and bumbling character, but I love the idea of her being really favourable to the Pale. Maybe they used to be lovers or something before he lost all his names: Devils seem capable of retaining attachments through colour changes. Now she helps him carry out his plan which he's a bit too stupid to fully comprehend himself, like one of those people who has to care for a family member who's going senile.

I like Green mechanic too.

I think Blue would do well as an acrobat, because it looks like most Imps are fucking tiny: Cio and Princess seem to be bigger because they used to be Ebons, but most of the Blues at the Devil bar were really small. A tiny Blue who scurries about like a rat, up walls and into tiny spaces, would be fun.

This is like the third time Ys-Voya has asked for reader input.

The gold mask devil merged with a sphinx was a reader suggestion when Ys-Voya asked who Allison and White Chain were going to meet back in the first book.

The ask pages are removed later from the comic page reading order after what is submitted is worked into the story.

The basic idea I had for teh gold mask is that she is, by herself, completely unfit for his rank, which she reached by nepotism rather than skill. She`s literally a figuehead unable to hold her position on her own, and this is obvious to anyone who doesn`t let himself be intimidated by her shiny face. Sure, most people are unaware, but if you push a bit, you`ll notice her subtle, yet constant, glances at the pale devil nearby. If the crew is going to be working together at all, they`re bound to notice that the big shiny gold devil is basically a glorified sentinent Google translate. She can bluff like a politician if the going gets rough and maybe say enough nonsense to fool people into believing she`s up to something, but she`s just acting like her boss did.

I like your idea for the Pale boss. His mind has traces of 6 distinct personalities crammed in a gimp. he has seen all the angles, all the options. He has a plan to overtrow each demiurge, he just... doesn`t have them in his head. That`s why goldie`s so important. Since she`s been with him the whole ride, she remembers places and schemes from his fall way more exactly than her handicapped liege. Of course they don`t make sense to her by themselves, And the Boss knows that if she does that, something that he wants to happen will happen, he can`t remember how.
It`s sort of like a Programer and a video game designer. She knows how to set the things up, while he knows what the things will do. They`re a really interesting duo.

You fuck up. A lot.

A good allegory.They`re a fucked up version of Bela Lugosi and Ed Wood. She probably goes berserk before letting anything happening to him.

You fuck up like I just did. the sentences are flipped.

Thanks for explaining your idea for the Gold a little more clearly. I saw "the worst devil ever" and just figured you were doing a shallow subversion, but the nepotism thing definitely has potential. I can see our Mastermind getting her promoted during his Gold or Ebon years seemingly out of some weird sort of charity, but in reality only doing so because he wanted to have someone easily controllable in a key position for his plans.

Perhaps something will go wrong during the heist and they get separated. Goldie will have to fight and connive without her boss's input. Maybe she'll come into her own as a Gold, but then again maybe not. The Pallid, on the other hand, could end up attracting suspicion, and have to end up showing off some of that Pallid "surprising animal cunning" in order to progress a bit or fight off/escape some guards before getting hopelessly lost.

The Green mechanic, left to his own devices (hah), would predict where they are and what they're doing. He'd then tamper with an alarm or something so that it would end up aiding his team from afar. With the acrobat's help, one of Mammon's sirens would be dented or hacked in such a way that the soundwaves only become perceptible at specified locations, and sound completely different to different creatures. This would create a distraction, while secretly conveying directions to a regrouping point that the rest of the palace would be oblivious to.

Is this bird ok?

Nice pose.

Actually yeah now that I think about it, Green mechanic sounds cool too. Maybe if I actually had a tablet I'd be able to something more than a rough doodle.

That or if I had a week to work on it with a mouse...

Looks kickass. What's it for?

bretty gud Magician's Red
what other jojo stands can you draw

She raised up as a pet, a side project to see how far he could strecht the rules. She feels as she owes everything to him, no matter the reason. She think really high of him, and will eagerly tell people of his former glory. She simply lacks that basic malice of a devil, yeah, but she will kill anyone he tells her too, in a borderline sociophatic manner. If she makes friends with the crew, she`ll stand by them to the death.

When all his life went belly up, she was the only one who stayed with him, the only one whose admiration was sincere. She is to him his most loyal retainer and servant. He is protective of her and can even treat her like a daughter. He does it to prove to someone that he is a more fitting ruler than the seven. But also because, if he were to lose his last, best follower, it would prove his failure as a monarch.

In his mind and her mind, he`s a king in exile, destined to become Royalty. a kingdom of two.

I'd really like to see a Blue Acrobat. I've been juggling this for all of 3 minutes, so let's see how good it sounds:

>She had always aspired for that lovey ebon, yet never once had she ascended beyond her pitiful blue. Something her peers mock her regularly for. Not that she minds. Her time spent being underfoot has honed her abilities to a razor edge. While the Greens and Golds hold their noses up at her, she's quite busy pilfering everything they have, quite literally from under their noses.

>She always keeps an ear to the ground for any gossip or news of something fat and wealthy passing through. Just another opportunity for her to show off her deft abilities at outrunning, outmaneuvering, and outclassing her betters, making away with everything they hold of value. Sure she's still a blue, but damn she is having fun with it.

>Word travels fast down the grapevine, and she has found a particularly juicy morsel, one that could elevate her straight to ebon. Imagine, going straight from blue to ebon. Ambition once lost ages ago came surging back...

I am real confused. What am I supposed to be submitting?

Somebody shoot me an idea for a design and I'll draw it. Not one of the ones that people are already doing. Maybe keep it simple because I'm lazy.

Give me some aesthetics to work with.

Pallid seems to be the kind of devil low level sorcerers will summon and devils probably never usually return all the way back there.

Bound on a dare, this pale devil has everything; explosives, traps, exploding traps, stubby arms that build things. Exploded legs dont slow this trooper down. When you need a job done by a devil that has no mouth to question your authority or scream with, then look no further than "Just The Word 'Shame' Fifty-Eight Times"

And this is a design concept for STURGIS OZMIUM FERRUM KYVIL VERREBAIN the CURE

In the clothing design im trying here, he has his wings brought about to the front where they are bound around his waist by a series of iron rings/shackles.
He was, up until relatively recently, a gold devil that begged to be brought down to green. He felt that by gaining names he could gain peace of mind. He feels he has more freedom now as a green with less guild leaders looking for scholars and less kings looking for someone to hold the door open. However he resents his ghastly appearance and elected to lock away his wings and simultaneously cover much of his his scaly body.

His arms are most often tucked up into the wing-coat with aforearm hanging out.

And some different skull ideas. maybe i could go a bit crazier.

These are cool.

These drawings are cool because you're a lot more free with them. Make them crazier.

seems like pretty fierce competition

I can't imagine Abbadon choosing only six and throwing the rest away. He's going to get hundreds of them. Some of them are going to have to be background.

If he ever makes a contest to design ebon demons I'll throw my hat in then. I love designing ebons.

Why not a former gold or ebon mastermind who devolved himself/herself to Pale to fly under the radar and not draw much notice.

This contest is pretty neat, and I'm looking forward to see the results.

Since there are so few ebons it would be neet to have like an ebon hall of fame at some point with some fan submissions.

Guys I made a thing

I like the thing

It's a nice thing, you did a good job user

scars

Nice.

>Think no one would be interested in designing a pale so submit the first doodle I made
>Everyone is designing a fucking pale and doing a much better job than me

What did you guys use to read comic books?

Is drawnon still here?

I'm hoping for Green to be the face with a literal silver tongue.

Not sweaty enough

How many rupees for the scissors?

Did any of you make a submission yet?

still working on mine cause it's shit compared to what I've seen so far from others

Id wanna submit the one above but Im waiting for drawanon and the pale mastermind guy to come online and check with them first.

submit more, user!

There needs to be at least one with goggles. Goggles make everything better

Pale mastemind guy here, on a lunch break.

I`d really like to know what`s the template for a submission. Just exactly how much information you need to give?

Doesnt seem like there's anything. Just a picture, a description, or both.

Another submitter here, I'm just gonna submit the image and tell Abbadon I wasn't sure about the categories and for him to pick.

What image? Post it.

It's still in pencils, let me ink it later today and I'll post it.