Sony Developing BLACK CAT/SILVER SABLE Film

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/spider-man-spinoff-thor-writer-tackling-silver-sable-black-cat-movie-988065

Between this and Venom, it seems like Sony is still moving ahead with some of the movies mentioned in the Sony leak emails.

Other urls found in this thread:

spidermancrawlspace.com/2015/04/23/sonys-amazing-spider-man-franchise-plans-part-three-the-female-superhero-spin-off/
spidermancrawlspace.com/2015/04/21/sonys-amazing-spider-man-franchise-plans-part-two-the-sinister-six-movie/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Chris Yost, who worked on the upcoming Marvel movie Thor: Ragnarok, is writing the script, building on a previous version written by Lisa Joy, the co-creator of HBO’s Westworld.

>The studio is hoping to go to directors soon with an eye on a fall start date. Matt Tolmach and Amy Pascal are producing the project, which was previously known as the secret female spinoff project.

I'm demanding my Aunt May spy movie

That actually seems like it may have potential. I love silver haired waifus so i hope this is good

What are the odds this actually involves Spider-man at all?

I feel like it's just going to be like Halle Berry's Catwoman, in that it won't really take place in universe.

What's fhe canon on all these Spider-Man side character films?

AoS tier.

>yfw Spider-men with Maguire, Garfield and Holland happens.

How long until this gets Cyborg'd?

At least it has good writers working on it, whereas Catwoman seems like it was written by a soccermom in an evening

Two Spiderman characters who have no memorable stories together are getting a movie. Yay?

Ok but at least those are supposedly in the MCU at least in their own show, will this movie supposedly be set in the MCU? Maybe it will be but they can only refer to Spidey idk

The only good thing that could come out of this is getting black cat back at a anti-hero situation

Nobody knows.

And I would guarantee they make one of the two black.

>inb4 the plot is Silver Sable fighting against Black Cat, infamous crimelord.

I hate Slott for making Felicia evil because he hates empowered female characters :/ just cause she robs rich motherfuckers doesn't mean she'll traffick in street crime and whack dudes and feed them to pigs and shit

That's seriously thr #1 thing i hate about Slott's run by a large margin because it's irreversible

My guess: They'll be set in the MCU but will likely be only referenced, not actually cross over with characters.

>because it's irreversible
Um ... do you know how comics work?

I would break everything

Impossible

She's Kingpin tier (supposedly)
Unforgivable, at least in-universe. Can't believe Spider-Man doesn't take care of her, she's his responsibility. Slott fucking breathes dicks

here is what we might expect based on the Sony emails. These were the original plans for these characters and film

>ASM: Black Cat (second half 2018) – Felicia Hardy gets properly introduced. We see her get her “luck powers” from Wilson Fisk/Kingpin. Eventually she has an encounter with Spidey and it ends with an understanding that she is not the bad person she appears to be.

>For the role of Felicia Hardy, their choices included Ruth Wilson, Emily Blunt (who Goddard favored), Kerri Russell, Rose Byrne, Emilia Clarke, Elizabeth Olsen

>A Spider-Man spin-off staring a female superhero, or an all-female superhero team. The question was who, or whom, would those characters be? Sony code-named this proposed superheroine Spider-Man spin-off project “Glass Ceiling,” which included a packet containing bios, images, and comics of possible characters to consider. This included: Silver Sable, Black Cat, Stunner, among others - including a version of Spider-Gwen

>So who was Sony considering to play the lead? Well, not only was Sony considering Rose Byrne as a possible choice for playing Black Cat in The Sinister Six, she was their top choice to play Silver Sable; so much so that Joy and O’Connor were “obsessed with her” for the part.

spidermancrawlspace.com/2015/04/23/sonys-amazing-spider-man-franchise-plans-part-three-the-female-superhero-spin-off/

>I love silver haired waifus so i hope this is good
We both know they won't be in the movie.

Maybe i should have said it's done irreparable damage to her character, the fact that she'd go %100 evil at the drop of a hat is hard to reverse unkess she got her own book with a really good author for some really good character development but this is a brobdingnagian task for Marvel at this point, and i know they'll never bother

More movies that will never be made.

>Sony wants 5 billion for Spider-man
>they think Spider-man is worth more than Star Wars
>it doesn't even include merchandising

>Sinister Six
>potential to break 2 billion mark

fucking kek

Kek

I don't see why not in this case. MCU needs a counter-product to Gotham City Sirens.

I'd say that's crazy.... but I haven't been in a coma for the last 20 years.
You probably have a better chance at winning the powerball jackpot than these characters have being cast as white ladies.
>wow, I read my post and it sounds Sup Forums as fuck. Sad

>In 2020, Spider-Man vs The Amazing Spider-Man released, starring Toby and Andrew.

All of my whats

What do you mean? It's a Black Cat/Silver Sable movie, how could they not be in it?

Sorry, what I meant was that their hair wouldn't be silver.

According to the emails Sony started working on a Sinister Six movie solely because WB was developing Suicide Squad. I assume they are announcing this because WB is developing Gotham City Sirens

Look at this email...

>Plus the dc characters are corny and it remains to be seen how this all works out. Ayers suicide squad is dc’s version of sinister six so we shouldn’t dilly dally.

spidermancrawlspace.com/2015/04/21/sonys-amazing-spider-man-franchise-plans-part-two-the-sinister-six-movie/

Sony are morons.

I'm more optimistic about the DCEU than any capeflick Sony would make

I can't help to think that most people would think that Black Cat is a Catwoman rip-off.

>>Venom
>>Black Cat
>>Silver Sable
>>The three characters I was looking forward to in the relaunch of Spider-Man in the MCU are now not MCU

GOD
FUCKING
DAMMIT!!!!

C'mon son it'll be fine they'll have the hair i guarantee it personally

>The Sony leaks are STILL indicative of what they are trying to do 2.5 years later

We don't know that yet do we? Maybe it'll be part of Spider-Man's hemisphere of the MCU

Okay user, I trust you.

I would love to be able to sit in on a board meeting at that place. I can't imagine how frustrating it is for the actual creative roles in the company.

It's clear to me that the suits literally have no finger on the pulse of the industry outside of spreadsheets and numbers. And that's fine -- they're not paid to understand stories; but they need to let the people who do take control.

Do they not understand that the MCU exists entirely because of based Feige? Or that the Batman trilogy was so successful because of Nolan? It wasn't the board room that turned those properties into billion dollar movies.

Standalone and unaffiliated with the MCU. Only Homecoming and it's sequels are MCU. Venom, this, and whatever other spin-off shit Sony comes up with have nothing to do with the MCU.

I thought Sony made this deal with Marvel simply so they don't need to keep doing this dumb shut.

Their board meetings are probably outsourced and done by Pajeets, then they just run with the ideas

Source?

There's no source, he's 100% guessing.

What we DO know is that, as far as we've been told, only SM: H and sequels will be co-produced by Marvel. It's still entirely possible that they allow the other films to be set in the MCU. Like how they almost allowed Avengers Tower to show up in ASM2.

Do you see the words "Marvel Studios," "Marvel Entertainment," or "Marvel Television" anywhere in any of hear announcements? No? Then it's not MCU. This shit is less canon than even Legion and that's explicitly not MCU.

Tell me you've never wanted that, though.

>no aunt may spy movie
Literally did everything wrong.

These aren't even in production and yes it's obviously being made by Sony and none of those studios but that doesn't mean they can't use their own character with MCU Spidey which they 100% have the rights to use

It's not an announcement though. Nothing is confirmed either way yet.

Sony sounds so based
thinking just like I would

He said 'whats' not 'wants'

See unlike the dumbasses at WB, Sony can do this because everyone KNOWS spiderman homecoming is going to be a massive success

If they are, great. I would be happy if they were. But I'm getting concerned.

Silver Sable makes my pee pee hard

Best girl

They do this because they're desperate. Most of their films sucked and Spiderman is the most profitable thing they have.

>steampunk

I'm going to heave

songbird/diamondback pls

I know. I'm just saying. It's a cool idea.

Sony and WB are basically in the same boat right now. They both have prime super hero properties at the height of capeshit popularity, but they have no clue what to do. They're just throwing everything they can at the wall without actually trying to plan anything.

Marvel movies might not be perfect, or even good in some cases, but the suits over there obviously know what they're doing. There hasn't been a single misfire from a business perspective, and they have public plans going out for at least 3 more years, and private plans for another five.

>>Steampunk
>Not >Web Warriors
You have weird standards

Maybe they got confident again when they saw how well received Holland Spider-Man was in Civil War.

Someone needs to sit them down again and tell them to cut the shit though. They're starting to make retarded decisions again with Venom made by the ASM2 writer.

They should just drop Spiderman from the Avengers and build up his own universe where all the villains get their own movies and eventually team up to kill Spidey.

Yost, stop writing movies that won't get made and make more comics. Preferably an independent one about characters called Eniak and Ylecara batteling a south american apocalypse.

Somebody redpill me on this post

That's what Sony was trying to do, before they turned to Marvel because it ended up being a dumb idea.

No problem, my man. If they fuck up grand Marvel Studios will just whisper into the audience ears and Sony will become unworthy.

Cool

It's so funny too because the best bits of ASM 2 were them building towards an eventual Sinister 6 movie, but they just completely abandoned that when Marvel opened their checkbook.

Anyone else feel like the Spider-Man deal is really risky? I have a feeling MS and Sony will have a fallout at some point because they won't agree with the direction of the character and then Sony will just back out of the deal.

Thought I guess there are contracts in place and they can't really do that? I wonder for how many movies they agreed to split the rights.

This is meaningless. Silver Sable and Black Cat have been "in the works" since the preproduction of ASM2. Venom too. Sony will never do this. And if they do, it will be so mishandled, so studio executive driven, so pure and utterly fucked up on all fronts and backs, that it will doom what is an otherwise already doomed franchise for Sony

Like, they should just get Marvel Studios to help out with these films too. It's better than what they are trying to do on their own.
Hell, I think Homecoming could end up being a bomb at this point. 3 months away and only one trailer and very little set photos?

>Like, they should just get Marvel Studios to help out with these films too. It's better than what they are trying to do on their own.
A nice thought, but one that doesn't make sense at a business level. Sony doesn't want to engage in that type of deal with Marvel as it would make them look like total failures that they can't handle their own brands. And I doubt Marvel would be willing to play ball and help the competition with characters they're fighting tooth and nail to get back

Still, this could just damage the entire market. Spider-Man is tied to the MCU, but Venom, Black Cat and Sable aren't? It's getting to be too much!

No.

No, please.

Not in the current social climate.

FUCK, PLEASE. NO. STOP.

I JUST KNOW THEY'RE GONNA CAST A NIGGER FOR ONE OF THEM OR EVEN BOTH OF THEM.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

THIS IS IT, Sup ForumsMRADES!

MOVIE SYNERGY WILL FINALLY GET THE GOAT BLACK CAT BACK. DEATH TO SLOTT.

EXCELSIOR!

>3 months away and only one trailer and very little set photos?
It makes sense when you look back at the marketing for the MCU. Disney usually goes full speed with the marketing only one month before the movie is released. Now they're focusing on Guardians and after that they'll start the promotion for Homecoming (though I think Sony is in charge of marketing, not Disney).

jesus fuck

it sounds dumber and dumber every time I read this

I like how Sony gets a slight sliver of respectability back by partnering with Marvel, and they immediately use it to drive straight off a cliff.

It certainly lives up to the Spider-Man name. It's amazing.

They're desperate for money at this point to save their close-to-bankrupt movie studio.

Who is it at Sony that comes up with these terrible ideas and why do they still have a career? Maybe this will be at least good jerk material, but considering the last Catwoman my hopes are pretty low in that department.

They learned nothing from Ghostbusters.

Man, the days when the Garfield movies were a thing seem like a really bad dream we put behind.

>TASM2 was literally 2 hours of teasers for movies that are never going to come out

I like both of these characters and have been wanting to see Black Cat on screen since I was a kid but Im not sure I want to see this version unless Spider-Man is in it.

>MOVIE SYNERGY WILL FINALLY GET THE GOAT BLACK CAT BACK. DEATH TO SLOTT.
If anything, it will just make Black Cat go away, because Marvel doesn't synergize with non-Marvel Studios movies.

>Yost
oh
yeah this movie isn't getting made

Do you think sony has struck a deal to include these inthe MCU?

I don't see the point of these movies if not. Im not sure how it all works, but doing them as stand alone seems like the dumbest move marketing wise. Unless sony wants to take the C Thomas howell approach.

>because Marvel doesn't synergize with non-Marvel Studios movies
>wew lads we'll be introducing Old Man Logan to 616 and it definitely isn't because there will be a movie about it!

Death by fap rates would go through the roof
Not that it wouldn't be a great way to go

WHY WON'T THEY LEARN

Sony needs to stop, they won't make back their money

>DARK Black Cat will go away in, say, about 2021

You know they put Old Man Logan in 616 about a year before the movie was even announced right?

Yeah, that's exactly why they published all those F4 comics when Fant4stic came out.

You know they revived the Guardians one year before the movie was announced, right?

Not to mention they also synergized Negasonic after Deadpool came out and let's not forget the X-Men Apocalypse event last year.

Basically your claim is wrong.

Nobody cares about Trankt4stic

You are assuming that Black Cat won't be the Antagonist of the film, thus solidifying her as being EVIL.

explain negasonic teenage warhead, she even has a haircut like from the movie in the comics now.

Its almost like.... marvel DOES borrow from movies and likes synergy but does not ALWAYS do it