Why did she kill the coroner when she could've just walk in and do whatever she wanted anyway? And why kill Joi...

Why did she kill the coroner when she could've just walk in and do whatever she wanted anyway? And why kill Joi? Just to be a cunt?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6iqmIoHL74Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what the fuck did she do to coco that made him start spasming and his eyes turn red. that part fucked me up a lil bit

She tickled the vertebra that is connected to the penis. This gave coco an orgasm more intense than he had ever had, and it caused him to die by orgasm.

for me to jack off to

this

>Why did she kill the coroner when she could've just walk in and do whatever she wanted anyway?
Because Luv is a deeply sympathetic and reactionary character who is trapped in her replicant bounds she can't cross. When she yells "WHERE IS HE?!" you can almost hear a slight maternal rage of a mother looking for her lost son there. Then she kills her because she is not providing any information and is showing ignorance by thinking that killing the special child is the right way.

>And why kill Joi?
Luv shows affection to K at the start in that data storage room, K immediately denies her so when the emanator drops off K to the ground there is the perfect chance for her revenge and to show how she really is the "best one"

Nono, i'm talking about the coroner, not the police chief. I can understand why she killed the chief, but not the coroner who just walked in on her when she was collecting bones.

>Why did she kill the coroner when she could've just walk in and do whatever she wanted anyway?
I think it was because she really enjoyed killing humans. Being so high up and close to Wallace she really knew how replicants were produced and how expendable they were , so she wanted humans to be expendable too.

> And why kill Joi? Just to be a cunt?
Yes. Petty jealousy. K rejected her advancement wether they were earnest or not. Also she didn't have anything to love in her life like Joi

She seemed to really despise humans who weren't Wallace.

don't forget she went on a drone rampage when she could have tried scaring those scavengers off

WHY DID SHE KILL COCO WHEN SHE WAS COLLECTING BONES? WHY DID SHE DO THAT, I DON'T GET IT.

Well she killed the coroner because it's easier for her to just snap him in a second than to argue or discuss anything with him when time is essential for her. And if I remember correctly that coroner called replicants "skinjobs" so maybe there's something there also

Yeah he did, but she wasn't there when he said that. She couldn't have known about it.
But really, why is it easier for her to just kill him and draw a shitload of attention to her and her investigation?

Who cares about drawing attention when your boss is a semi-god supreme overlord who controls almost everything

so what did you guys think of her performance? Pretty good or was she overacting?

Pretty damn good. Not overacting at all, I would even argue maybe even to subtle at times, especially in her first scene with K she goes through multiple emotions throughout.
It's good because she's supposed to be suppressed by the confines of being a top Wallace replicant inspite of feeling all these things

>scaring away the subhuman scavengers
Nah they deserved death

All the deaths were absolutely brutal.
When Luv kills Coco by cracking the back of his neck not only does he start bleeding out of his eyes, if you look closely you will notice that his upper row of teeth are overextended when he hits the ground, meaning that Luv hit him so hard his entire skull was dislocated.

She killed him because....

She wasnt supposed to be there in the first place she was failing at her job and lost track of K, when she killed joshi she said she would lie to Wallace about how joshi started it.
She wants to keep up the image of being
in control and perfect to wallace because she is his "angel" but he can easily dispose of her like he did to the barren replicant where luv shed a tear and was very afraid.

It was great especially the bit where she days its invigorating when one is asked personal questions and then asks K one and he shrugs it off. She was rejected by him and later took revenge by killing his Joi

a bit off baseline imho

Joi was never alive to begin with.

pretty gud, her autistic rage made me aroused in the theater all by myself (almost), between her and K's chair scene I almost orgasm'd

>I love y-

When she called him a bad dog i almost came

>kill joi
>kill a machine

Are you one of those weirdos who freak out when people use a toaster without asking it for consent?

K was still attached to it.

It's like when you leave your phone home and feel an empty pocket having that *oh shit* moment or when someone breaks your favorite bluray or breaks your hard drive

If my toster was able to interact with me emotionally like any other human could, then yes I would freak out.

Shut up you virgins. Anyone who's ever worked on the film says that you're wrong

More reasonable defence than I expected.

Fucking idiot... You are the kind of brainlet I expected.

You are a fucking idiot, if they thought it was living they should have shown it instead of just showing a machine going through the motions and showing obvious programming bugs.

Android breaks into secure LAPD facility to steal evidence if caught:
Wallace would be censured (no one that rich is ever actually punished) Luv would be retired

Wallace would throw her under the bus as a "Defective Unit" and she would be retired.

(basically Wallace gives no fucks about his replicants and would happily throw her under the bus the moment she becomes inconvenient)

She could try to run, coroner would hit the alarm and then she'd die in the attempt because as above secure LAPD facility.

if she did somehow escape coroner would ID her and she would be hunted down interrogated and then retired

Basically no option involving the coroner living results in Luv surviving therefore he had to die.

>And why kill Joi?

Kill, she cant kill Joi because Joi isnt alive and isnt a real person it's a pocket Waifu designed to say things and act in ways purposefully meant to make it's user feel special. Joi loved K about as much as one of those teddy bears you can buy at the mall that say a pre-recorded "I love you" when you squeeze the paw.

>Just to be a cunt?
It's established that Luv has the hots for K maybe she was hurt that he would choose Siri Waifu edition over her (and i cant say i blame her if i had to choose which female would bear my children into the world in a contest between Armas and Hoeks I'd go Hoeks erry time)

>if they thought it was living they should have shown it instead of just showing a machine going through the motions and showing obvious programming bugs.

You are a fucking idiot

>The director
>But I tried to bring depth to all the characters. For Joi, the holographic character, you see how she evolves. It’s interesting, I think"

>The writer
>>He follows the rules. He’s a machine in a way. But the image was this: A handbook turns into a poem through his experiences and his ordeal and love. And the same thing with the digital woman.

>artbook
>pic related

Neck yourself bitter virgin

CELLS

Wrong image, but here's more proof

Proves nothing, art can raise questions that it's creator didn't not intend to create

Villenueve talked about the whole theme of the movie being not "are robots capable of human feelings" and more "does it matter" and that was the part of her arc, too.

Sure, she's programmed to call him Joe and say she loves him, but she also puts herself in harms way for him, shows distress when she realizes she's going to die, hires a hooker for him then tells her to fuck off when nobody else is around... none of that would have been explicitly programmed any more than we're genetically/sociologically programmed to react to queues, so does it matter at that point that she loved him in the first place because it was programmed?

Both of them were programmed/created—him to serve something, her to love—but at some point you're meant to accept their actions as having value in site of that.

She had required papers, and later we see blood which means she killed someone else too and was being noticed.

>t. brainlet
then its not the art raising the question its the pseudo-intellectual

>She had required papers
She had some papers probably forgeries that wouldn't pass scrutiny

>art can raise questions that it's creator didn't not intend to create
So what question is that that Joi is just a toaster?

Wallace would get right papers if he wanted without any problems. Luv was just a cunt.

The question is "Does it matter?". I appoint you to this post

She wasn't really programmed to call him Joe, she calls him K at first.She wouldn't be programmed to give replicants real names becuase that would fuck them up, her giving him a real name was an evolution because of the circumstances

Yeah I'm sure Wallace would be organizing pass paper for Luv in his free time when he's planning literal universe domination and making replicants fertile when Luv can just enter the facility and take everything immediately, especially since time is of essence

>Wallace would get right papers if he wanted without any problems

not without doing the bureaucratic equivalent of erecting a flashing neon billboard saying "I'm trying to breed Replicants" with a big flashing arrow pointing right at him.

He's rich as fuck and basically the savior of humanity (what with the synthetic farming he pioneered) but there are limits which is a lesson many kings in history have learned the hard way

Giant billboard Joi makes up the same name for him, thats not thought thats a random number generator (seed variable is probably K's bio metric profile) and a predefined list

She did not "make up a name for him", Joe is something she would call a random passing by customer, like an average Joe, or a wordplay on Joi - Joe. So she wasn't calling him a name, more like you look like a good customer/person whatever

All Joi's call their users Joe in the absence of data about the users name ... i could buy that but thats the kind of thing that would cause a failure of a Turing test

>And why kill Joi?
You can't kill something that isn't alive to begin with.

But when she gave it to him as a real name , that was special and had meaning
And when the giant hologram said it as a greeting, didn't mean anything that's the point I think

i definitely think Luv killed the coroner because her thirst for human blood, she could have gotten away with not killing him

that scene was fucking powerful man, just a solid and complete gut punch. Until that point I was thinking that Joi was real (in spite off all the advertisements saying she says what you want to hear) but that just pulled that rug out from under me. I think that affected K as well it was that gut punch that put him in the fuck it mind set that let him go after Deckard.

HNGGGGGG how can a woman be that perfect anons?

not without being seen, reported and thus retired (if you think wallace would go to bat for her you're foolishly naive)

I don't get how she had such free reign in the police station? I can believe sneaking into the morgue, but the police chief office? And do they not have cameras everywhere? Why didn't Joshi just scream?

youtube.com/watch?v=6iqmIoHL74Y
because she's the bad guy

This are such stupid explanations. There is no reason not to program Jois to come up with different names for their owners. I learned to program fucking yesterday in Python and I know how to make a simple list with a 1000 names and then pick one at random (or even not at random). Imagine the laziness of the Joi creators where they have such computing power and technology at hand and their nickname_giving algorithm is just fucking Joe. It's simple computer learning: she learns his habits, speaking patterns and then references to other data on the internet and elsewhere and picks a nickname. It's EZ

None of that shows she is alive any more than a regular toaster. So she has adaptive programming like the video game "black&white". So what? It's just statistics

Joi is death process

>Why didn't Joshi just scream?
Because she's a strong independent woman who don't need no man

She WAS seen. See cleaned blood and deleted scene that was in trailers.

I do machine learning and the program does things it's not explicitly programmed to do. It's still a result of the instructions.

Problem is how two different Joi's make up the same name for K which suggests it's naming him from a list with a common seed variable for the RNG or it just calls everyone Joe

Your mom is programmed to love you also, does that mean that her love for you is not genuine then?

>deleted scene
deleted scenes arent canon bro

Yeah except blood stayed in the movie so it is canon.

>There is no reason not to program Jois to come up with different names for their owners
Why would she be programmed to come up with names for people?Giving replicants real names can fuck them up so she definately wasn't programmed to do that.

>muh begginers guide to programming 101
Fuck off mate

the blood can be from moving the coroners body? You never see a fight in the police station, even in deleted scenes

> Giving replicants real names can fuck them up
Who said that only replicants are Joi's buyers?
>the blood can be from moving the coroners body?
Blood was on the walls, not on the floor.

>Why would she be programmed to come up with names for people?Giving replicants real names can fuck them up so she definately wasn't programmed to do that.

Because Joi's are also sold to humans what if a human owner wants to get advice on baby names for his new born child?

>Who said that only replicants are Joi's buyers?
Fuck beat me to it

>muh begginers guide to programming 101
This desu, there's always someone in every thread
>I made hello wolrd in Java so I can guess how this highly hypothetical AI in almost fantastical universe is programmed hurr

>Because Joi's are also sold to humans what if a human owner wants to get advice on baby names for his new born child?

This is eagles tier idiocy. The movie wanted to make a point and made it, the fact that you took programming 101 doesn't make you an expert on how fantasy AI works.

>what if a human owner wants to get advice on baby names for his new born child?
What if there were separate versions for humans? Why didn't they fly the eagles to mordor

It's really weird seeing her smile

>The movie wanted to make a point and made it
Yes, and the point is that Joi's consciousness is left ambiguous.

No, there is a scene of staff water cleaning the walls from blood after the Luv scene, implying that she made a mess in the halls too.

They figured that out anyway because they saw Luv taking those bones. The very next scene after she killed the coroner shows that.

Just like K, right?

it was good, that scene plus the other appearances pretty much gave you the gist of what her outlook is about. Other movies would have put in brain dead flashbacks involving her or dialogue blurting out her motivations.

Suspecting something and being able to prove something are two very different beasts user

kek

FUND
IT

Oh right, i suppose that there are no security cameras that show her murdering the coroner either, I mean, why would a police office have cameras? FUck, even without cameras, someone should've seen her.

Wallace can hire hackers bro, i'd bet my left nut those cameras would be recording static the whole time she's in there.

I got a rock hard boner when the prostitutes were first shown, but I've always had a thing for sluts

He doesn't need hackers. He's a fucking God.

This is absolutely disgusting. What is even more disgusting is knowing that if this movie were made, it would've made a billion dollars.

DELET

I don't get how she was real, I thought the giant wish fulfillment prostitute hologram giving him the same name as his heartfelt holo waifu just made K realize that his entire life was just fake and so he went out to rescue deckard so he could finally accomplish something real and good

Or maybe souless Joi reminded him how his Joi was special and he relized that connections and expirience made you special and not the way you were born.

No, the fake caricature of Joi reminded him that she was real, and he was real, and he didn't have to be an obedient slave anymore to some cause he doesn't care about instead he will do something on his own and reunite Deckard and Ana , as they both mean something to him and they need each other

I now feel much better about this scene ty friend

np mate

>amiga
why tho

Luv BTFO

Nah

I assumed that was a subtle nod to the first movie, where Roy and his buddies just go wherever the hell they want once they get a little help from that toymaker dude.

If he has a newborn child, he probably doesn't need a Joi.