What's your cine-IQ, retard?

What's your cine-IQ, retard?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intolerance_(film)
letterboxd.com/bigsmartypants/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

transformers

>pulp fiction anywhere above 60

I think you're the one that need to realize no one will ever be as great as Griffith. What did Vertov ever do? Oh right, jack shit.
Arbitrary list of mediocre to awful films with nothing to add to high culture or the world at large. Kubrick is a middlebrow hack that makes theme park rides disguised as art. Simplistic as shit. Never made a good movie. Never inspired anyone formally, just does what was already done by Griffith and many other better directors before him. What a fucking joke. Tarkovsky and Kiarostami should be auto-garbage-tier for obvious reasons, everyone should be somewhere below good tier to make room for the greatest director ever to live, David Wark Griffith. Also I recommend whoever took the time to make this trash be hanged.

Pic related
The only directors that matter

all shit.

This is terrible

This. He's so boring!

WHERE

IS

NOLAN???

no he's just a pleb, i could direct better than him in my sleep.

Griffith is the biggest pleb filter known to man. As a stirgent man of the 19th century, he is considered outdated yet he anticipated every development and technique in the medium years and decades before anyone else. With his painterly eye, he was a master of the tableau style of cinematography and was able to speak to those on a spiritual and metaphysical level with bucolic lyricism and poetry. In his pictures, he includes everything intelligently in service of the content with a far-reaching grasp to envelop even the smallest animals in his grandiose concoctions. A master of the instinctive cut, the long take, the static shot, the use of depth and distance, and performing the ever so delicate balancing act of comedy and tragedy, Griffith's pictures are those closest to mimicking the complexities and relationships of life. They are eternally relevant.

>muh horseshoe theory
idiot

Still could direct better than him in my sleep, with my arms tied behind my back.

I only watch Gaspar Noe and contemplate suicide.

You'd wouldn't even make a third-rate imitation of him. The gun's waiting, boy.

if you love D.W. Griffith so much why don't you marry D.W. Griffith?

Gods have no need for mortal services.

t. low cine-iq

>best ***** of all time
>they are all in black and white
every time

>Intolerance even in the same league as all that hogwash
Nice self-portrait
If you've actually seen anything from 1900-1938 you'd know that society clearly shouldn't have advanced past the 1940s.
Stick to your degenerate cartoons.

>Intolerance even in the same league as all that hogwash
it literally is

>society clearly shouldn't have advanced past the 1940s.
what happened at that decade?

Plebs

"For many critics and scholars — myself among them — D. W. Griffith’s Intolerance is the greatest film ever made. A century later we are as close to its subject as we are distant from its art. Political specifics, moral arguments, and movie styles may look different today, yet the only real difference is Griffith’s still-daring ingenuity, which calls for a more open-minded reception than in our simplistic habits we are accustomed to: It calls for an optimistic, united popular audience, which Griffith took for granted. When Intolerance premiered on September 5, 1916, its opening intertitles introduced silent-movie viewers to an extraordinary narrative device: “Our play is made up of four separate stories, laid in different periods of history, each with its own set of characters.” Employing a prologue and two acts, Griffith called it “a sun-play,” marked by florid melodramatics developed from Emersonian Transcendentalism, which film scholar Bill R. Scalia has described as “calling for an original American literature,” for “poets with the ability to ‘see’ past the material, apparent world to the world of eternal forms, which shaped nature in accordance with a divine moral imperative. Through this connection, man-as-poet would discover God in himself."

WWII, then there was the korean war and the vietnam war. the hippy/baby boomer era was the beginning of the end.

but what makes you said that it shouldnt advance beyond that point?

Look where we are now. Are you happy?

We doubled or even tripled our life span and have massive technological advancement but something is lacking.

> frozen higher than star wrs
>transformers higher than dark knight
whats your actual IQ?

Anyone who says old films were better by default ignores the technological improvement of cinema and is therefore ignorant and a pleb.

We had this thread the other day, why is intolerance on that list when birth of a nation isn't?
Intolerance sucks and is made for brainlets as an apology for the overwhelming truth within birth of a nation

This.
Why isn't he swing the camera like a baseball bat? Why is there no color or plot?

>Intolerance is is about anti-racism
name one instance of racism in it
Go back to r/movies, you embryo piece of shit.
>source
Basic fucking google search:
"It was not—as is commonly implied—an apology for the racism of his earlier film;[6] in numerous interviews, Griffith made clear that the film's title and overriding themes were meant as a response to those who he felt had been intolerant of him in condemning The Birth of a Nation"
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intolerance_(film)

Griffith's work is all equal anyways. Not one above the other.

equally bad, yeah

way over 130

>Griffith suuuuuxxxx!!!!

a whole bunch of meme movies on there. somebody do a better one.

why won't you do it?

wow a picture with 20 movies.
what if my fav pic is not on this chart? iq 0 or iq on rick'n'morty levels?

>I like Mullholand Drive because I think that it's tied to shitty time-warp thriller Triangle because of Melissa George
>Watched the French 1960s 12 Monkeys-inspiring ADR slide show Jetee, was oke
>Defended Freddy Got Fingered earlier today in the thread about critics being wrong (thread is still live, Sheryl Lee/FWWM in the OP)

I guess am a dumb cunt but less dumb than most of other dumb cunts, great success

Knoe your enemy

?

>black an white
dropped

I'll be honest, 115. I've been working on seeing more.

Raymond Bernard was the French Griffith.

Faust was good though.

200+

No need for food of mortals has he who dines in the food of celestials.

Movies have changed so much from when these guys were making movies that calling them the best of all time is stupid.

there were two threads today about hong sang soo and lav diaz today so I watched two of their movies consecutively
I think I'm in the high 100s

>ITT : circle jerk

Do some Buñuel.

Transformers is on there twice is op making a metaphysical transistic philosophical point about film theory and critique?

you're a huge faggot for taking the time to write all this masturbatory nonsense

La jetee is garbage, i appreciate the placement of intolerance though.. AND transformers

fuck this hits the nail on the head

GENES!

>muh dutch angles
No.

>muh special effects theme park ride
No.

Filipe Furtado is a good user desu

t. shit for brains
marker was a great director

(85+93+115+120)/4

the man from earth

it's a fun film mike

>Sup Forums tourist browses for a month and thinks he knows anything about Sup Forums . jpg
embarrassing

he's right

No.
This is an exemplary user
letterboxd.com/bigsmartypants/

>Easy A review
BASED

Muybridge > Marker

95-100 according to that list of yours

>240
>End Of Evangelion
where is it, user?

The iQ of whoever made this picture must Ben single digits, they put Transformers twice

fuck off armond

I watch Harmony Korine and drink heroin and inject coffee into my veins.