What does Sup Forums think of Steven Spielbergs cartoons?

What does Sup Forums think of Steven Spielbergs cartoons?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GtPxTkcTEgs
youtu.be/45bUOIK2cAo
youtube.com/watch?v=DN-wFzM2fd4
youtu.be/7uWW--w4SRs
youtube.com/watch?v=_54h0l_4u8w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Golden age of animation that led to the DCAU and we likely won't ever see anything like it again without some sort of champion patroning animation like Spielberg did.

Freakazoid was God tier

While Animaniacs was indeed the more popular one, I hold Tiny Toons more closer to my heart, could be that I have more memories of TT but it's just a dam good show in my opinion. Plus, that theme song. youtube.com/watch?v=GtPxTkcTEgs

Did anybody care about the Hip Hippos? Like at all?

No, Minerva had good looks going for her, but the hippos and katie added nothing to the show.

>Katie
To be fair, her boyfriend was a pretty cool dude

Hip Hippos is one of those things where you feel like there's a joke you're missing, like maybe this is a reference to something and it'd be a lot funnier if you knew that.

But no, it's not a reference to anything. It's just a terrible idea for a cartoon.

Freakazoid was probably the best. All suffer from making too many pop culture references. Not even jokes some of the time, just references.

Uh

He's a giant chicken

This

I put on a few episodes last night and A segment came on. After about 2 minutes i skipped to the Slappy segment.

There was nothing there but singing and a romance I feel like went for an Aadams family feel, but it went nowhere

user, are you high?

No way bro,

Hes the captain of the wrestling team

No? Look at him. He's a giant chicken. How do you not see it?

Because I'm not high, unlike SOME people.

>giant chicken

Nigga what

FUCKING LOOK AT HIM YOU DUMB FAGGOTS

Loved Slappy Squirrel.

>

I mean, I get that you were probably bullied in school or whatever, but not all jocks are assholes. There's no need to insult the guy, and even then, calling him a giant chicken doesn't even make sense.

I liked the crossovers

>the episode where Freakazoid, Wacko, and The Brain argued on the front lawn

Hey man, you just met the guy and you're calling him a coward? Dick move, dude.

Yeah, I kind of got this feeling too. A lot of the shorts were referential but usually the reference was apparent- Goodfeathers was obvious, even Slappy took the time to remind you that she's supposed to be a retired classic cartoon star. Buttons and Mindy was "the universe shits on Lassie." Hip Hippos was just some bizarre thing that had no joke whatsoever.

He is an enormous fowl, usually classified as a rooster since he is of the male gender, of the species known as chicken.

I think they eventually got cut from getting their own skits along with Minerva and Marina & Rut. They became nothing more than side characters while Slappy got a lot more skits and Pinky and The Brain got their own show

Side note, The Brain doing the Orsen Welles rant was a perfect example how you would never understand it as a kid, but is fucking gold now

Wow, how would you like it if we called you names, dickhead?

Bawk?

What gives you the right to call him a chicken?

The beak, the waddle, the feathers, the wings and the crest he is hiding under the wig.

youtu.be/45bUOIK2cAo

I don't even know where you're going with this. This is some kind of weird avant garde shitposting because I don't understand what you're even doing. What do you gain by insisting a guy is a chicken? Like what are you even going for?

>The Brain doing the Orsen Welles rant was a perfect example how you would never understand it as a kid, but is fucking gold now

youtube.com/watch?v=DN-wFzM2fd4

A description.

Tiny Toons when it was good > Freakzoid > Pinky and The Brain > Animaniacs when it was good > mediocre Tiny Toons > Hippos tier Animaniacs

youtu.be/7uWW--w4SRs
>show me a way to emphasise "in" in July and ill....make cheese for you

Yeah! youtube.com/watch?v=_54h0l_4u8w

literally my childhood. Such a shame road rovers never got a chance to shine

He merely produced it, did not create any of them.

>no one ever remembers the Capser cartoon
Up until a few years ago there wasn't anything on Youtube of it

Still waiting for that Freakazoid movie. If Deadpool can get a movie, why can't he?

I wish he'd become interested in them again.

And Spielberg was like "who are you guys?"